Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Taking still images while video recording
526 8 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5bcb4673
lvl.2
United States

I'm a new Mavic 2 Pro user and I've not read about a restriction when video recording but pressing the shutter button (right hand on the controller), audibly sounds like it is taking picture but when I get the drone back down, there are no JPG's, just the MP4 recordings.

This really feels like a stupid question... :-)

Thanks,
Jonathan
2019-1-8
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You cannot take photos while recording video.
2019-1-8
Use props
fans5bcb4673
lvl.2
United States

msinger Posted at 1-8 15:28
You cannot take photos while recording video.

Well, that certainly explains it.  I did read the manual but never actually ran across that restriction.  When you press the shutter release it would force a refocus so it behaved like it was working but the empty folder tells the tale...

Thank you,
Jonathan
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out, As the previous post mention. Yes, you're not allowed to take photos while on the video mode.
2019-1-8
Use props
Ollie Bird
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1581873 ft
United States

I did the same thing, talked to support. Tap the record button to shut it off, take the still or stills, then tap record again to resume video, only thing is it starts a new file. You'll have to edit them back together if you wish to.
2019-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans5bcb4673 Posted at 1-8 15:41
Well, that certainly explains it.  I did read the manual but never actually ran across that restriction.  When you press the shutter release it would force a refocus so it behaved like it was working but the empty folder tells the tale...

Thank you,

You need P4Pro for this, but res is not great.
2019-1-8
Use props
fans5bcb4673
lvl.2
United States

Ollie Bird Posted at 1-8 16:45
I did the same thing, talked to support. Tap the record button to shut it off, take the still or stills, then tap record again to resume video, only thing is it starts a new file. You'll have to edit them back together if you wish to.

Nice tip!

Thank you!
2019-1-8
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

The suggestion that I read was to extract individual frames from the video.  Enjoy the new toy!
2019-1-8
Use props
Ollie Bird
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1581873 ft
United States

ff22 Posted at 1-8 22:01
The suggestion that I read was to extract individual frames from the video.  Enjoy the new toy!

Good point. I've done that once with a video I took with a GoPro. That way you don't lose the flow of the video. The only thing I would wonder about is the quality of the picture since with taking the shot you would have the chance to auto focus.
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules