Controller won't connect to app
2724 8 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SweetPTV
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all first post for me, I have just bought my first drone from a friend in work its and DJI Inspire 1 but I am having issues connecting the controller to the app on my samsumg s7. I had tried both DJI GO app and the DJI Pilot app but cant seem to get either to connect, when i turn both controller and drone on both seem to connect as i can move the camera fully up and down and a little left and right but that is it can't do much more. My mate has had it in storage for nearly 12 months and I am thinking on updating the firmware but need to pick up a sd card to usb adapter/card reader tomorrow, any ideas as im hoping to get it working asap, Thanks Ian
2019-1-8
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

you use the DJI GO for the Inspire 1 not the DJI GO 4. also have you tried using different USB cables? it might also be the phone is not compatible. when doing the firmware update remember to do the inspire 1st with the RC off. then do the RC with the Inspire off. or more trouble will come your way
2019-1-8
Use props
SweetPTV
lvl.1

United Kingdom

According to the play store tho DJI GO 4 is for the inspire 2 but I'll try it and see if it works for me, and I tried mine and my partners phone and 2 different cables with no joy will do the firmware update today and see how I get on, thanks
2019-1-9
Use props
SweetPTV
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Also do I install the same firmware on the controller as on the drone, on the website it's showing as this is the latest update
Inspire 1 Firmware v01.11.01.50 (X3)
2017-07-10
Is that correct?
2019-1-9
Use props
SweetPTV
lvl.1

United Kingdom

20190109_130607.jpg
20190109_130709.jpg
2019-1-9
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

correct you use the DJI GO for the inspire

The GO 4 is for all drones made after the Phantom 4.

the RC should update via the app. but the aircraft updates via the Micro sd card
2019-1-9
Use props
SweetPTV
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yer i have tried them all but just can't get the app to work or connect with the controller, seen a few people say the HDMI output module which has the usb on it go faulty but it's an £80 gamble lol I just don't want to fly properly without access to the app or camera
2019-1-10
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

you could borrow a friends RC and link it to your bird and see if your tablet/phone and cables work? since the linking is farily simple it be easy to check
2019-1-10
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

SweetPTV Posted at 1-10 03:33
Yer i have tried them all but just can't get the app to work or connect with the controller, seen a few people say the HDMI output module which has the usb on it go faulty but it's an £80 gamble lol I just don't want to fly properly without access to the app or camera

SweetPTV,
    If you haven't solved your connection issue yet, Android mobile devices often need USB Debugging turned on the mobile device. The newer app tries to set this during the installation, but the GO App for the Inspire 1 may need to manually turn on USB debugging. Please see this thread for steps to enable USB debugging or at least checking to ensure it is turned on... USB Debugging Steps

2019-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules