Fly more kit - bag options?
2322 29 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Graphicjunkie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43022 ft
United States

So with the fly more combo, the little pack that comes with it is nice.  But it doesn't fit everything.  Unless you want to leave the chargers behind for the day.

What are folks using in it's place so that you can pack all the goodies, SECURELY....

I have thought about getting something like a sling pack, and using the original foam out of the box to hold the items.

2019-1-8
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

i bought the hard case from their store
2019-1-8
Use props
Graphicjunkie
lvl.2
United States

Oh man, I just realized from your comment, that I have multiple pistol cases that are just collecting dust!  Thanks!
2019-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I placed the chargers in the side pockets, all fit perfectly. And the filters in the little front zippered pocket. If you need something smaller again.
2019-1-8
Use props
Graphicjunkie
lvl.2
United States

Charissa, does that include the two extra batteries?  The space just doesn't add up to me.

Thanks!
2019-1-8
Use props
FarangPilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1318976 ft

Graphicjunkie Posted at 1-8 21:51
Charissa, does that include the two extra batteries?  The space just doesn't add up to me.

Thanks!

I put 1 battery in the drone. The other 2 batteries side by side on the left space, with the controller on top of them. Right space i have the drone.
2019-1-8
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

I think the Fly more Bag is neat and well made. For a quick fly down the park it's brilliant.

I sold mine and got a PolarPro Rugged case. Lighter than hard cases, spacious and brilliant protection. Looks smart too. Recommended
2019-1-9
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Thanks!

One in the drone. Two on their sides, flat sides together bottom left, drone on right, remote and charger adapter (brick to charge all 4) on top, with small powerbank.

Charger brick and cable Left bag, Car charger, R bag. All extra goodies not used yet, propellers etc, in zip large pocket, Filters small Zip pocket.
Only thing I don,t like, is the drone fits a bit snug. I did add some protection at the bottom of the case, where the drone is, for bumps.
Only other thing is, I remove the remote sticks. Can leave it in I suppose, but I prefer it out.

2019-1-9
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Thanks!

Ah yes. If you want to add a few odds and ends, like your cellphone, I have a nice clip on little waterproof bag, for cellphones etc, that I sometimes just clip onto the strap to keep my car keys and the likes.
2019-1-9
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

This my daily one....
20181111_160624.jpg
2019-1-9
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI hard case. has two small foam bits by the RC that can be removed to fit the new smart controller. my tablet is in the lid under the foam

also has a bit of storage under the bird

2019-1-9
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I use the DJI hard case. Sturdy case with room for up to 6 batteries (4 if I bring the charger). Very happy with it.
2019-1-9
Use props
salmonshark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 206352 ft
United States

For my MPP, I used the Fly More bag and a backpack without any problems.  The backpack carries my landing pad, my Fly More bag, and all of the accessories; chargers, extra cables, iPad, filters, extra props, etc...

I just got my M2P on Monday.  Was just able to unbox it all yesterday and try to fit everything in the new Fly More bag...  I actually had to look up on YouTube the way to get everything to fit.  While it can be tight, everything does fit, except I did not cram the charger in there...  I just through my chargers in the backpack...

I like using the backpack, makes it easier to haul everything around when I am out hiking and such.

Just my 2 cents worth,
SalmonShark
2019-1-9
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

skyhighmedia Posted at 1-9 08:09
I use the DJI hard case. Sturdy case with room for up to 6 batteries (4 if I bring the charger). Very happy with it.

curious how you fit 6 batts
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Aside from other suggestions, we're offering backpacks on our store that you could use for your accessories. You may want to refer to the link below for further check. Thank you for the support

https://store.dji.com/product-search?q=backpacks
2019-1-9
Use props
Graphicjunkie
lvl.2
United States

Ok, here is my fly more bag, with just the drone and controller on inside, then a battery on each side.  There is no charger fittin in there...

What am I missing?  lol.
20190109_221611.jpg
2019-1-9
Use props
fans16501391
lvl.2
Australia

You can buy some really nice hard cases for about $20 that fit everything from the fly more combo
2019-1-9
Use props
fans16501391
lvl.2
Australia

Or even a laptop bag works great
2019-1-9
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Graphicjunkie Posted at 1-9 21:16
Ok, here is my fly more bag, with just the drone and controller on inside, then a battery on each side.  There is no charger fittin in there...

What am I missing?  lol.

In the space under the controller, you fit the 2 extra batteries, on their sides (important) with the flat areas to each other. Don,t know what that piece of foam is between your controller and MP, but mine does not have it.

Then, Controller on top of the 2 batteries, the brick that can charge 4 batteries and my powerbank, next to the  controller.

Both chargers and cables, in the two elastic side pockets.
For some reason, I can not see yours properly from the top, make out what is going on there.
2019-1-9
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Ok, here is my fly more bag, with just the drone and controller on inside, then a battery on each side.  There is no charger fittin in there...

What am I missing?  lol.

Sorry about quality, don,t have anything to properly draw with at work......
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

TruGreen Posted at 1-9 07:36
DJI hard case. has two small foam bits by the RC that can be removed to fit the new smart controller. my tablet is in the lid under the foam

[view_image]

Neat ... likes
2019-1-10
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Ok, here is my fly more bag, with just the drone and controller on inside, then a battery on each side.  There is no charger fittin in there...

What am I missing?  lol.[Image]

Bigger bag bud...
2019-1-10
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

TruGreen Posted at 1-9 08:35
curious how you fit 6 batts

One battery in drone. Three batteries in battery slots. Two batteries were the charger and other cables usually go. Will post a photo.
2019-1-10
Use props
AlphaDog
lvl.3
Italy

What am I missing?  lol.

Check this out

image-10-01-19-06-47.jpeg

Limits achived :)

Limits achived :)
image-10-01-19-06-47-2.jpeg
image-10-01-19-06-48.jpeg
2019-1-10
Use props
Graphicjunkie
lvl.2
United States

The foam piece is actually from the original packaging to protect the joy sticks.  I ordered the snap on protector, but until it arrives, I'm protecting it that way.  I will give that a shot, but it sure seems like the dimensions of my bag are smaller.  I'm sure it's just an optical illusion, and will fit fine.  

I'm diggin the hard cases, and gazmg, LOVIN that skin!  

Hmm...airbrush artwork on a mavic.  I might have to bust out something.

If I can make the FM case work that would be best thhough.   That way it can fit in my pack for fly fishing.   My pack is water proof.  ;)

Thanks all!!
2019-1-10
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

i just realized this thread is a mash up of Mavic 1 and Mavic 2
2019-1-10
Use props
Graphicjunkie
lvl.2
United States

Wasn't meant to be.  I was asking about the Mavic (1) Pro.  lol.
2019-1-11
Use props
RayZorFist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64793 ft
United States

I too found the Fly More pack to be too small so I got this hard case. Works great!

https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-M ... =8-3&ref=sr_1_3
2019-1-12
Use props
Graphicjunkie
lvl.2
United States

I actually figured I'm good as is.  My biggest concern is when I go fly fishing.  When I'm on the stream, I won't have any need for chargers.  So the existing case will be sufficient, and fits in my pack.  
Thanks for the input everyone.   Going fishing tomorrow, so I will find out for sure.
2019-1-12
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love Case Club cases...  mine fits everything in the fly more package..   I didn't bother with the fly more for my Mavic though....  I realized after the spark. that I would rather buy what I want and the case I wanted..

My only complaint about the case club case I got is that apparently there are two different ones for mavic 2... I saw a picture of the same case I have but with a cut out for a tablet in the top. mine doesn't  have that, but I will probably use my phone most of the time. The case club case I have for my phantom also has a space for tablet.
2019-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules