Novice to video and DJI
865 6 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jez650
lvl.2
Australia

Hi guys. I have never made a video before but having seen reviews of this device decided to grab one and have a go. Here is my first effort and review from the perspective of a complete novice. I am sure my inexperience will show but thought that it might be interesting to you.

2019-1-8
Use props
JetBeh
lvl.4

United States

Thanks for sharing~
2019-1-8
Use props
Jez650
lvl.2
Australia

JetBeh Posted at 1-8 21:28
Thanks for sharing~

My pleasure. Thanks for looking!
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Nice video. Thank you for sharing.
2019-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job and welcome to the forum..
2019-1-11
Use props
wildlifr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 637815 ft
United States

Unfortunately, it's full of the focus breathing issues that have been reported widely. Most cameras will occasionally hunt for focus, but the big problem is the focus breathing; that is, a slight change in field of view every time the focus hunts. Minus the focus breathing, it would be very hard to even notice the focus adjustments, but with the focus breathing, it's pretty obvious, at least when viewing full screen. When the camera is in motion, the focus issue isn't as noticeable, but when the camera is held still or nearly still like during a stationary panning shot, it's much more obvious. Here are the instances I noted, until I stopped counting. 2:23, 2:33, 3:07, 4:37, 5:53, 6:15, 6:28, 6:47, 6:56, 7:04, 7:21. I guess some people wouldn't be bothered by that behavior, but for me, it ruins the shot.
2019-1-11
Use props
Jez650
lvl.2
Australia

wildlifr Posted at 1-11 16:35
Unfortunately, it's full of the focus breathing issues that have been reported widely. Most cameras will occasionally hunt for focus, but the big problem is the focus breathing; that is, a slight change in field of view every time the focus hunts. Minus the focus breathing, it would be very hard to even notice the focus adjustments, but with the focus breathing, it's pretty obvious, at least when viewing full screen. When the camera is in motion, the focus issue isn't as noticeable, but when the camera is held still or nearly still like during a stationary panning shot, it's much more obvious. Here are the instances I noted, until I stopped counting. 2:23, 2:33, 3:07, 4:37, 5:53, 6:15, 6:28, 6:47, 6:56, 7:04, 7:21. I guess some people wouldn't be bothered by that behavior, but for me, it ruins the shot.

Hi, thanks for your comments. I can see the focus pumping and understand that is not ideal and needs to be addressed, Especially for someone that is trying to do serious work or looking for the highest quality you can get. From my point of view, it is not a deal breaker given that the reason I have this device is mainly for personal use and the very best/no flaw footage is not needed. Having said that, I am glad to see that DJI are aware of the issue and will hopefully have a fix for it soon.
In the meantime, I have a lot of work to do on my editing to get the look I am after given the basic tools and inexperience I am working with.
2019-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules