problem saving user settings
2295 6 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ned F.
lvl.1
United States

Ronin S newbie question.
I am using the Ronin app with my Ronin-S and I can’t seem to find a way to save my user settings. When I power done the gimbal and restart it goes back to the mfg. defaults. How do I save my adjustments?
That is, setting changes in the app do not stick or remain after I power down the Ronin S. When I turn it back on, it defaults to the manufacture default settings.
I assume that this behavior is not normal, and this is a big problem for me using the Ronin S.
I have tried the App on both my iPhone SE and iPad model A1474. Same results.
Both iOS devices are running iOS 12.1.1 (latest version) my Ronin app is version 1.1.6 (115) and my Ronin S firmware is 1.7.0.60
Is anyone else having this problem, or am I missing something?
Thanks for your responses.

2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ned, sorry for the troubles with Ronin-S, if you would like to save the settings, please make sure powering on and powering off the Ronin-S in order. When power off, please turn off the gimbal first and then the grip. When powering on, grip first and then gimbal.
Please keep us updated if the issue persists, thank you.
2019-1-10
Use props
Ned F.
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-10 02:21
Hi Ned, sorry for the troubles with Ronin-S, if you would like to save the settings, please make sure powering on and powering off the Ronin-S in order. When power off, please turn off the gimbal first and then the grip. When powering on, grip first and then gimbal.
Please keep us updated if the issue persists, thank you.

DJI Mindy,

Thank you for the reply. Indeed I was powering off the grip and not powering off the gimbal first. DJI Support clarified this for me as well. I suggested they add a note to that effect in the next version of the manual to avoid confusion,

- Ned
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ned F. Posted at 1-11 10:28
DJI Mindy,

Thank you for the reply. Indeed I was powering off the grip and not powering off the gimbal first. DJI Support clarified this for me as well. I suggested they add a note to that effect in the next version of the manual to avoid confusion,

Hi Ned, you are welcome, may I know if the issue persists after power off in the right sequence?
2019-1-11
Use props
Ned F.
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-11 22:55
Hi Ned, you are welcome, may I know if the issue persists after power off in the right sequence?

If I follow the sequence power off gimbal, then grip, all is well and settings are saved.
2019-2-10
Use props
djiuser_UFj9lfWlxVkR
lvl.1
Portugal

I have upgrade to last version v1,2,2(1785) and all settings are saved , unless the camera settings, i need to put a sony and when i restart de gimbal reset to canon...
2019-8-31
Use props
jocabap
lvl.1
Portugal

djiuser_UFj9lfWlxVkR Posted at 8-31 13:34
I have upgrade to last version v1,2,2(1785) and all settings are saved , unless the camera settings, i need to put a sony and when i restart de gimbal reset to canon...

the same with me
2019-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules