Ronin S problem with external monitor video
6968 13 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0d3163Mcm2Vz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello, I am new Ronin s owner and setting up my gear I noticed one issue I didn't find any solution. When my Ronin is connected to the camera (Sony a6500) via multi USB cable everything works perfectly and pressing record button starts video. Now I added my external monitor via HDMI and I can see the screen, however when I press record- the picture from the monitor goes plank. It still record in the camera but I'm unable to see anything from the screens. If I disconnect camera from the Ronin the external monitor works perfectly again.
Anybody have similar problem or can help me with it?
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the troubles with the external monitor, may I have the firmware version of your Ronin-S? If it happens to the latest firmware V1.7.0.6, a short video would be appreciated so that we can transfer to our engineers for further tests, thank you.
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_0d3163Mcm2Vz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy,

Thank you for quick response. I found the solution for it while playing around with USB and HDMI settings in camera. No sure which one worked but was wrong but it is working now perfectly
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_0d3163Mcm2Vz Posted at 1-10 04:14
Hi Mindy,

Thank you for quick response. I found the solution for it while playing around with USB and HDMI settings in camera. No sure which one worked but was wrong but it is working now perfectly

That is good to know, please keep us updated if there is any furthet problem, have a good time with Ronin-S.
2019-1-10
Use props
RealityEscape
New

United States

Yes hello I have the same issue with my Ronin and Sony a6500, when adding my Small HD monitor
2019-11-26
Use props
RealityEscape
New

United States

Well I'm experiencing that issue where my external monitor (Small HD) won't work when my Ronin S is connected to my camera (Sony a6500). When connecting the USB cable into the camera everything works great I press record I can use the feature on the phone. Also the monitor works great when plug into the camera, no issues there. But when I connect both cables into the camera my external monitor Is all black. I can still record but can't see. I can view all my setting for the scene but can't see the picture. Only until I unplug the cable connecting to the Ronin. The software I'm using is the new version 2.1.1 please let me know if anyone has the same issue.
2019-11-26
Use props
Fluxonic
lvl.1
Germany

I Have the same issue RealityEscape is reporting. Got the newest Firmware Version.
2019-11-30
Use props
fans30635f90
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2870725 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fluxonic Posted at 2019-11-30 09:34
I Have the same issue RealityEscape is reporting. Got the newest Firmware Version.

Hi, same problem. Anyone figure it out yet? I've got A7iii with new external monitor and Ronin S. Everything is perfect until I hit record, then everything goes black. If I unplug the Ronin, the monitor works again, but then I lose my record button and focus wheel.
2020-1-8
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

fans30635f90 Posted at 1-8 19:55
Hi, same problem. Anyone figure it out yet? I've got A7iii with new external monitor and Ronin S. Everything is perfect until I hit record, then everything goes black. If I unplug the Ronin, the monitor works again, but then I lose my record button and focus wheel.

How did you make your focus wheeel working with ronin s  and A7 iii? pleae I need to know?
2020-1-13
Use props
Adrianz
New

Italy

I Have the same issue guys, i have a desview r7 external monitor and the sony a7r3, when i connect both of them to the ronin via cables the monitor shuts off the image... if i disconnect the cable from the ronin everything is back to normal but i lose the record function from the ronin.
2020-11-6
Use props
AidanRONINuser
New
United States

Hey, did you happen to figure out what settings work? I can't figure out how to use the Mcc cable and use my monitor without it blacking out
2020-11-15
Use props
djiuser_uY1tIHhXUriZ
New

United States

I have a Sony A7III with the same issue. Its there a resolution?
2020-11-23
Use props
djiuser_ZMZZHzoLpMpz
New
Flight distance : 8806 ft
Turkey

i have the same problem with my ronin rs2 and the sony a6600.
when i press record all displays went black. my external monitor is the small hd focus. when i unblug the cable from my ronin rs2 everything works fine. but i loose my remote rec. but when i doubletap the on off button on my ronin the gimbal motors turns off by default an then the usb cable are disconnects to my sony cam. when in press then the manual rec button on my cam the external display doesnt goes black. then idouble tap on the ronin power on/off button and the gimbal motors are active and the usb cable reconnects. and the external display is still working. this is the only fix to me right now. can somebody please explain what i am doing wrong?
2020-12-27
Use props
carcameraguy
New
Netherlands

djiuser_0d3163Mcm2Vz Posted at 2019-1-10 04:14
Hi Mindy,

Thank you for quick response. I found the solution for it while playing around with USB and HDMI settings in camera. No sure which one worked but was wrong but it is working now perfectly

Hi there
PLease share your remedy for the poblem, a lot of people are having the same Issue
kind regards
Pieter
2021-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules