RC Signal lost
940 6 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmoe
lvl.1

United States

Bought a second hand DJI Phantom 3 Standard (from what the box says) with RC and an extra board and frame due to the original being damaged. RC has the face of a Advanced RC but there is no USB port in the back just micro usb. I put everything together and also did the Standard firmware update successfully. Now I'm getting RC signal lost. I've re linked RC to drone but still it says RC signal lost. So here are a few questions....

Do I have the right RC? Standard RC has the toggle switches which I don't have. Advanced has the press On button with micro usb and standard usb. The RC I have has the face of the Advanced but is missing the standard usb port in the back. Model: GL358wB

Does my RC need to updated? And if so how would I do that? (I only have a Micro USB to Standard USB cable)

Will my RC (Model: GL358wB) work with the Standard Phantom drone? This drone does not say Phantom 3 4K on the frame or box. It's a Standard phantom.

Am i downloading the right firmware and doing the right steps? When on, drone will constantly blink yellow and it will say RC is connected on the home page of app but say RC Signal lost when in the camera/flight mode

HELP PLEASE! I really just wanna fly this thing!

2019-1-9
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The latest FW for the P3S is all in one for upgrade. You only need to power on RC AC and Mobile with enough charge of power in batteries. The mobile must be connected to the P3S system via WIFI,wires are not required or in use for that. GL358 says that the control signal is in frequency of 5,7 to 5,8 GHz.
The micro USB port is for charging the battery only.
2019-1-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You have the P3 4K RC.  What is the model number of the AC?  Isn't there a gold or silver label on the front?  Does it have the VPS module?  How about a photo?  
2019-1-9
Use props
jmoe
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-9 03:38
You have the P3 4K RC.  What is the model number of the AC?  Isn't there a gold or silver label on the front?  Does it have the VPS module?  How about a photo?

On the drone it says Phantom standard on a silver label. Model number for AC is W321. Not sure where the VPS module, help me out?
2019-1-9
Use props
jmoe
lvl.1

United States

Peterx Posted at 1-9 03:32
The latest FW for the P3S is all in one for upgrade. You only need to power on RC AC and Mobile with enough charge of power in batteries. The mobile must be connected to the P3S system via WIFI,wires are not required or in use for that. GL358 says that the control signal is in frequency of 5,7 to 5,8 GHz.
The micro USB port is for charging the battery only.

Ok thanks. So I did that firmware update through the DJI app. It loaded successfully. Only after that update RC Signal Lost popped up on the top left of the camera view. What do you think i should do next? I can't control the drone at all yet it's confirmed that they are linked together. Can you confirm with me that the RC (Model: GL358wB) can work with my AC (Model: W321)
2019-1-9
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The standard does not have any VPS module. The other P3s have their VPS module in rear of the gimbal . The original controller for the standard is a GL358a. I can´t fully  confirm that the GL358wB does link to the W321. You can try it.
2019-1-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

+1

It isn't clear from the OP whether your system was working correctly before you started doing FW updates - or not.  From your description, you have the controller for a P3 4K and your AC is a P3S.  I'd imagine it might be possible to fly a P3S with a P3 4K controller since it's the same wifi type system but I don't know for sure.  The missing S (toggle) switches makes me think that maybe the controller and AC are not compatible.  And you're saying the AC won't link with the RC.  Personally, I would have a conversation with the seller.  Good luck

2019-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules