Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Opposite motors sputtering
952 4 2014-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michael.haws
lvl.3

United States

My phantom 2 has two motors (diagonally opposite from each other ) that are sputtering at start up and will not go to full power.   Also the lights below these motors go off once I try to start all motors.    The lights work during the power on phase but not once the motors have been started.    any ideas?
2014-11-8
Use props
rethuringer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

ESC's (Electronic Speed Controllers) going south. Could be a number of things. Motors usually don't go bad except for bearings but then again they could have been stressed and cooked some of their windings.
2014-11-8
Use props
michael.haws
lvl.3

United States

rethuringer@icl Posted at 2014-11-9 06:31
ESC's (Electronic Speed Controllers) going south. Could be a number of things. Motors usually don't  ...

Thanks for the reply Rethuringer.     I think I figured out what happened.     I had taken apart the drone to add a IOSD Mark 2 and when I put things back together I forgot to put the prop guards back on which means that I used screws that were too long and they damaged two of my motors.    I hope others can learn from my mistake!!!!!!!
2014-11-8
Use props
josephbobowicz
Second Officer

United Kingdom

michael.haws@ya Posted at 2014-11-9 06:52
Thanks for the reply Rethuringer.     I think I figured out what happened.     I had taken apart t ...

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that Michael.
2014-11-8
Use props
michael.haws
lvl.3

United States

josephbobowicz@ Posted at 2014-11-9 06:54
Ouch! Sorry to hear about that Michael.

Yeah,  there is definitely a learning curve :-)
2014-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules