Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Over exposed Sphere
2380 21 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic_Jay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2113419 ft
United Kingdom

I'm getting proper annoyed with the 360 pano setting

Why do they finish up so over exposed, it really is hit and miss even with heavy ND they are still over exposed
what am i doing wrong, driving me nuts ?????
2019-1-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try shooting in Manual mode.
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding your concern, can you please try to shoot in a different location? So we can check? Also, can you please upload a sample photo of the issue? Thank you.
2019-1-11
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Manual mode and set your lock AE under a button like C1 in settings of the go app.
Now turn your Mavic into the sun and adjust untill +0.7 or 0.3. Now lock with C1.
Now focus on your object and start your sphere
2019-1-11
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

I've had this same issue recently where it never existed before.  I even did a few from different directions with an ND32 filter with the same overexposed result.
2019-1-11
Use props
Mavic_Jay
Second Officer
United Kingdom

MavSpa_user Posted at 1-11 11:23
Manual mode and set your lock AE under a button like C1 in settings of the go app.
Now turn your Mavic into the sun and adjust untill +0.7 or 0.3. Now lock with C1.
Now focus on your object and start your sphere

ill try again tomorrow weather permitting, thank you
2019-1-11
Use props
Mavic_Jay
Second Officer
United Kingdom

MavSpa_user Posted at 1-11 11:23
Now focus on your object and start your sphere

You have to be in auto to lock the ae
2019-1-12
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Netherlands

Not by me, i always fly manual, iso 100, wb sunny or cloudly, UHD 30 fps,ntsc , D-log and syle 0,-1,-1 , i use version 4.1.22
2019-1-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Switch to manual and focus on the ground and get the exposure set before you start the 360 pano.
2019-1-13
Use props
Mavic_Jay
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bing Err Posted at 1-13 00:54
Switch to manual and focus on the ground and get the exposure set before you start the 360 pano.

Why would i focus on the ground, and why would i take an exposure setting from it pointed at the ground
As the second the camera is moved up and towards the sun it would be over exposed and would be out of focus as I would have focused on the floor and not my subject .....

At least you got 2 credits
2019-1-13
Use props
Mavic_Jay
Second Officer
United Kingdom

MavSpa_user Posted at 1-13 00:41
Not by me, i always fly manual, iso 100, wb sunny or cloudly, UHD 30 fps,ntsc , D-log and syle 0,-1,-1 , i use version 4.1.22

App V4.3.9 {4269}
2019-1-13
Use props
Mavic_Jay
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Support

basically, it does not make sense using AE lock in manual mode. That being said we don't have a way toggling AE lock in manual.
2019-1-13
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Netherlands

did you try what I said?, because it look like on your screen that it's automatic change the exposure but the result you see that the sphere is not over exposed
2019-1-13
Use props
Mavic_Jay
Second Officer
United Kingdom

MavSpa_user Posted at 1-13 05:25
did you try what I said?, because it look like on your screen that it's automatic change the exposure but the result you see that the sphere is not over exposed

Yea did everything to the word, yet still over exposed?
2019-1-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mavic_Jay Posted at 1-13 02:48
Why would i focus on the ground, and why would i take an exposure setting from it pointed at the ground
As the second the camera is moved up and towards the sun it would be over exposed and would be out of focus as I would have focused on the floor and not my subject .....

Absolutely right. Sorry I was thinking backwards. Do the exact opposite of what I suggested.
2019-1-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Why would i focus on the ground, and why would i take an exposure setting from it pointed at the ground
As the second the camera is moved up and towards the sun it would be over exposed and would be out of focus as I would have focused on the floor and not my subject .....

Sorry about giving the wrong advice. It was late and I was tired.
2019-1-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aside from ND filters or shooting in RAW and then mass editing all the pics before stitching you could try some placement tricks. Like, place the sun right behind something (building or a hill) so that it doesn't wash out the entire sky.
sunbehindsilo.png
2019-1-13
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Had the same problem. Using a 16ND filter
What works for me is the time of day I take the 360. With the sun straight over head My 360 don't get the glare from the sun but sometimes are slightly out of focus.
2019-1-13
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Netherlands

you can also using Litchi, this software is great for sphere's because the first photo is taken horizontal instead of downwards. (AE is locked after first photo.)
2019-1-13
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Netherlands

example in manual mode , you see also that the mavic pro has vignetting , most in blue skies
2019-1-16
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes, I personally find the overexposure problem more manageable than the vignetting, and kept wondering if it can be fixed with 'smarter' stitching software
2019-1-17
Use props
Nicoricosancho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

Try taking manual setting portrait photos, and do your Pano shooting. Then stitch them with Microsoft ICE (free) or Adobe Lightroom. that's what I do and turns out great everytime. I believe if you take more pictures overlaping each other, that you will be more precise on colors. Let me know !
2019-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules