1745 7 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Captain
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I know I'm not supposed to compare but I could not help my self comparing the stabilization of OSMO Pocket or GoPro Hero 7 Black out of pure curiosity. The fundamental approach is very fascinating. Do you think Digital Stabilization will be the new black?

2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for sharing your wonderful comparison video, well done. Cheers!
2019-1-9
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nice review Henrik, for us the osmo pocket wins hands down, but for my fishing the go pro purely on a  functional perspective as the osmo would be liable to gimbal damage, otherwise the osmo pocket would be river bound.
2019-1-9
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

watched a ton of stabilization tests and osmo slapped gopro each and every time.  
2019-1-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great comparison video, nicely done
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice comparison video
2019-1-18
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I think that to call the Pocket's gimbal a stabiliser is to miss the point.  If you effectively turn off most of the gimbal's function by setting it to FPV mode, yes, you have downgraded it to something like a GoPro, but as soon as you use the other modes, it's no longer a fair comparison as the GoPro simply lacks those features, because it only has stablisation and not a gimbal.  Like I've set about 50 times on such videos before, these two devices are different tools for different tasks and you have to decide on which is best for the task in hand.
2019-1-18
Use props
j.r.r.
lvl.4
Canada

I'm really surprised how well OP perform when mounted on scooter. I did similar test with my Hero 4 Black and Zhiyun Rider-M gimbal which was installed on the handlebar of my motorcycle. At speed over 50 kph the gimbal wasn't strong enough to resist the wind impact and it was flapping in all direction like a flag. Needless to say the footage was unusable. I sold the Zhiyun Rider-M gimbal and purchased Hero 7 Black and planning to test both, H7B and OP, on my bike but have to wait till spring for warmer weather I think OP will perform much better when attached to helmet or chest-mount, but like Zhiyun Rider-M may be not strong enough to resist wind impact at higher speeds.
2019-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules