Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FAA Spark Registration
2395 11 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StetsonWatkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1871611 ft
United States

Good morning everyone,

I am unsure whether or not I am required to register my DJI Spark with the Federal Aviation Administration in the United States. I found an older thread dated July 2017 but was wondering if you guys knew the current requirements. The FAA website does not seem to clarify my question. I have recently purchased my drone so I have not been up to date with the court decisions on this matter.

Additionally, regardless of requirements, do you guys register your drones and why? I want to ensure that I am in compliance but do not want to jump through hoops if it is not required.

Thanks a bunch,
Stetson
2019-1-9
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Everyone is required to register before flying anywhere outside in the US. Registration is required by US law (see H.R.2810, Section 1092 (d) if you want more details).

If you're flying as a hobbyist (just for fun), register under "Section 336" here. And follow these hobby flying rules.
2019-1-9
Use props
StetsonWatkins
lvl.3
United States

msinger Posted at 1-9 10:33
Everyone is required to register before flying anywhere outside in the US. Registration is required by US law (see H.R.2810, Section 1092 (d) if you want more details).

If you're flying as a hobbyist (just for fun), register under "Section 336" here. And follow these hobby flying rules.

Thanks for the great feedback. I will proceed with registration!
2019-1-9
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

StetsonWatkins Posted at 1-9 10:40
Thanks for the great feedback. I will proceed with registration!

Make sure you are on the oficial FAA website.. there are fakes...  if the cost is more than five dollars, you are on the wrong website.
2019-1-9
Use props
StetsonWatkins
lvl.3
United States

LouisP Posted at 1-9 13:03
Make sure you are on the oficial FAA website.. there are fakes...  if the cost is more than five dollars, you are on the wrong website.

Thanks for the heads up!
2019-1-9
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Is this only for USA citizens? If I am Canadian and travel to the USA with my drone, do I also need to register it?
2019-1-9
Use props
StetsonWatkins
lvl.3
United States

Daniella3d Posted at 1-9 18:06
Is this only for USA citizens? If I am Canadian and travel to the USA with my drone, do I also need to register it?

This if for FAA registration in the United States.. as far as traveling here I am not sure, perhaps someone else could answer this question?
2019-1-9
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Daniella3d Posted at 1-9 18:06
Is this only for USA citizens? If I am Canadian and travel to the USA with my drone, do I also need to register it?

Yes.  You need to register yourself under the hobbyist category because you plan on flying in the USA's national airspace.  That just gives you an FAA registration number you afix to your drone and all of your flying models.  That way they can track you down if your drone winds up somewhere besides your possession.  

2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation and feedback in regards to this query for clarification. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-10
Use props
StetsonWatkins
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-10 12:48
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation and feedback in regards to this query for clarification. Thank you for the support.

We certainly did. Thank you sir.
2019-1-11
Use props
StetsonWatkins
lvl.3
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 1-9 22:55
Yes.  You need to register yourself under the hobbyist category because you plan on flying in the USA's national airspace.  That just gives you an FAA registration number you afix to your drone and all of your flying models.  That way they can track you down if your drone winds up somewhere besides your possession.

Thanks Gunship9!
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

StetsonWatkins Posted at 1-11 14:01
We certainly did. Thank you sir.

You're most welcome. Kindly let us know if you need our assistance. Thank you for the support and always have a safe flight ahead!
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules