Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-S drifting issues and wanted features by mistake
3211 12 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TishDirector
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

So like some of you I'm also having drifting issues where upon turning on the gimbal it descides to tilt down. I've done all the calibrations  in the app / joystic tap button 4 times. It solves the issue untill you reboot it and then it does it again.

To bypass this since the job was to follow the subject / no panning invovled etc.. I went into the app and disabled the joystic Up and Down channels that controls the tilts. That fixed the issue or rather bypassed and was able to do the job. That setting was saved to M1... If I switched to M2 then the settings go to its standards and Up and down on the joystick is re-enabled, which brings me to an idea.

Not sure if other gimbals do this but upon experimenting I felt it was rather cool that the gimbal just drifted down while I was moving up to give to give the shot some kind of reveal effect whitout having to press on the joystic.

Wouldnt it be cool to have automated tilt / panning movings where all you have to do is move the gimbal physically and not have to press on the joystic to get the effect you want.

I also was wondering can the focus wheel be assigned to joystic movements maybe tilts / rolls /pans etc.. I think that would be cool. I think we can all agree the zooming on the wheel is kinda useless since its either too fast or too slow.

I just my ramblings let me know what you think....  Thank you all for reading.
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi TishDirector, sorry for the drifting issue, may I verify the following info?
1. Was the gimbal balanced properly before powering on? Does the issue persist after Auto Tune? If you have changed any settings, please restore the gimbal to the default via the APP.
2. If there is no luck, could you please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered? Please press 'More' and show us the whole settings especially the Stiffness and the joint angle and the Smooth Track settings as well.

If you would to physically move the gimbal, please close the SmoothTrack.
The Focus wheel is used to control the focus or the zoom, it cannot be assigned to joystick movements, thanks for your understanding.
2019-1-11
Use props
TishDirector
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-11 03:28
Hi TishDirector, sorry for the drifting issue, may I verify the following info?
1. Was the gimbal balanced properly before powering on? Does the issue persist after Auto Tune? If you have changed any settings, please restore the gimbal to the default via the APP.
2. If there is no luck, could you please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered? Please press 'More' and show us the whole settings especially the Stiffness and the joint angle and the Smooth Track settings as well.

hello @DJI Mindy thank you for your response - Ive tried everything yes the gimbal was balanced before I tried.

Joystick calibrations work until I turn it off an back on.
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TishDirector Posted at 1-11 11:20
hello @DJI Mindy thank you for your response - Ive tried everything yes the gimbal was balanced before I tried.

Joystick calibrations work until I turn it off an back on.

Could you please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered? Please press 'More' and show us the whole settings especially the Stiffness and the joint angle and the Smooth Track settings as well. Thank you in advance.
2019-1-13
Use props
Nikolaichik.pho
lvl.1
Belarus

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-13 23:25
Could you please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered? Please press 'More' and show us the whole settings especially the Stiffness and the joint angle and the Smooth Track settings as well. Thank you in advance.

Hi!
I have the same problem. Previously gimbal works fine may more then 7 month, but at some moment start drifting. May be this issue can start after last firmware update (update was done without any errors). Also i was tried downgrade firmware, but it doesn't help.
First time turning off joystick helps me, but after power off and power on again issue start again.
Then i was read about joystick calibration and few times it help me until I turn off gimbal and turn on again.
Now nothing helps me - reseting gimbal, turning off and turning on joystick in app, joystick calibration, system calibration...
Also sometimes movement of gimbal is now smooth. Today i was tried control gimbal by joystick in app and it's not smooth - it's moving by shaky steps.

In attached photos:
Calibration is Excellent

Motor parameters

Control settings. Here you can see that joystick do something, but i don't touch it it.

Here is firmware info and battery status

Here is after joystick calibration

And finally after advanced system calibration
2019-3-4
Use props
fans1022a4b6
New

United States

Not sure if this will help but check out this drift fix...
youtu.be/hpP1vo3IKrc
2019-3-5
Use props
Nikolaichik.pho
lvl.1
Belarus

fans1022a4b6 Posted at 3-5 15:24
youtu.be/hpP1vo3IKrc

it helps sometime, but after some time it can start again. I tried this before and it help for 1-2 days. Now it helped and i will check how long it will be work fine.
Biggest problem that it can start at shooting time
2019-3-6
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Italy

I have the same issue, and DJI asks me to send my gimbal to repair...
2019-3-6
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Italy

you can try to do joystick calibration and then pull of battery without powering off gimbal, for me it works for a some time...
2019-3-6
Use props
Nikolaichik.pho
lvl.1
Belarus

fans1022a4b6 Posted at 3-5 15:24
youtu.be/hpP1vo3IKrc

few hours later i turn on gimbal and drifting start again
2019-3-6
Use props
Nikolaichik.pho
lvl.1
Belarus

Mikex Posted at 3-6 07:25
I have the same issue, and DJI asks me to send my gimbal to repair...

I asked store where i bought my gimbal and they said the same. But problem is that store located in different country and i must bring them my gimbal. That's difficult and expensive This reason i'm searching fix gimbal by myself
2019-3-6
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Italy

Nikolaichik.pho Posted at 3-6 12:36
I asked store where i bought my gimbal and they said the same. But problem is that store located in different country and i must bring them my gimbal. That's difficult and expensive This reason i'm searching fix gimbal by myself

absolutely the same  issue, so I guess DJI will just ignore this issue
2019-3-6
Use props
Nikolaichik.pho
lvl.1
Belarus

Mikex Posted at 3-6 23:38
absolutely the same  issue, so I guess DJI will just ignore this issue

I found the time and, having spent the money, went to give Ronin-S to Lithuania where I bought it.
After 2.5 weeks of waiting, the service sent a video and the conclusion that Ronin-S had no problems and it works well . In response, I sent a video which clearly shows the problem on different days [/url].
After half a week, Ronin-S arrived at the store ... They turned out that my old Ronin-S ... In the shop they turned it on in the store for a check and ... what a surprise - IT'S DRIFTING!
Now the store will send it to the service again and it will again be 3 weeks. That is, I bought myself a Ronin-S in order to be able at any time to take everything I need and not spend money on rent, but in the end I cannot take it off and I have to spend money on rent. In addition, I rent my Ronin-S and due to sending to the service I have already lost more than $ 200, and now another 3 weeks and this will be an even larger amount ...

I am very inspired by what the DJI company is doing, but I am extremely disappointed in the service it provides.
2019-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules