2254 57 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good news, my Mavic Air hasn’t asked for a compass calibration all day and it’s been traveling with me 200 miles round trip and multiple flights today.  Been perfectly stable.  It appears that the mavic air’s in app compass calibration instructions are incorrect.   

Follow step 1. of the app, then Step 2 pioint the drone so camera facing the sky and spin it around... seems to fixed my issues.  It didn’t even mind the normal problem launch spots like on the street and top of my wagon.
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-12 13:24
And I thought I was here for the beer

You come visit our koolau mountains?
From heli there exists unreachable perches for heli landing. The grass is waist high but the elevated perch is flat, almost as if manmade. But here its inaccessible and pristine. I had this opportunity (younger) being shown the flumes cut by primitives to convey abundant windward and koolau perches of water to the arrid leeward plains of ewa agricultural flats.
Maybe our best friend is a heli!
Then pristine access is realized.
2019-1-12
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl Posted at 1-12 13:32
You come visit our koolau mountains?
From heli there exists unreachable perches for heli landing. The grass is waist high but the elevated perch is flat, almost as if manmade. But here its inaccessible and pristine. I had this opportunity (younger) being shown the flumes cut by primitives to convey abundant windward and koolau perches of water to the arrid leeward plains of ewa agricultural flats.
Maybe our best friend is a heli!

I Have not visited much of Hawaii unfortunately only been once.   
2019-1-12
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl Posted at 1-12 13:20
Hey! That's waialae iki ridge. Those are five million USD homes, steep car strain ascend on my Honda fit sport, chewn brake pads descent too!
Gotta covet arriving spare batteries and Honda cigarette lighter port AIRCRAFT battery charger that says it will not stop itself even if Honda battery is depleted too much as to incur loss of engine cranking amperage.

I HIGHLY recommend AGAINST non-DJI batteries.

Chargers?  Meh.

Don't worry about the neighborhood.  I used to drive my beat-up 1998 Isuzu up there no problem.

I'm looking forward to you getting up there and posting some great footage.

Hell, why not post now?  I miss that place.
2019-1-12
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-12 13:24
And I thought I was here for the beer

You are so long as that's your handle.

All kidding aside, I'm loving this thread.  Pretty sure I cracked the code and this guy's legit.
2019-1-12
Use props
Tomsbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 633901 ft
Canada

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-11 13:15
makes makes ya wonder what is causing it if its sampling compass telemtry from smart device as some form of reference or if its really a firmware/software issue.

side note:  i just took my mavic air outside and recalibrated the compass doing the normal first step of rotating it 360 degrees flat then next step ignoring the app and turning the drone so camera faces the sky and spinning it around and guess what..it accepted it!  and compass seems just as accurate as always.     makes me further wonder if the instructions in the app are incorrect or something..  only time will tell, tomorrow ill be on the road so ill take ill see if it nags me as always or what.. gotta give it a few days, because compass errors are so random.

I too had much better success if I held the drone camera up during step 2.
2019-1-12
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-12 16:12

All kidding aside, I'm loving this thread.  Pretty sure I cracked the code and this guy's legit.

haha, take my upvote
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-12 13:38
I Have not visited much of Hawaii unfortunately only been once.

It's expensive at 750,000 USD house average family 2 kids sized, commutes workdays traffic flow improperly engineered wasting oodles petro polluting air space too.

The racial equilibrium is saturated, no more pure breeds.

Influx to densify is driven by those democrats handfeeding the broken and freeloaders forever, and the accompanying cronies in for the scoop from housing construct, trans construct, military boondoggles, and MONSTER poor homes!
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

Gosh, I came across as an intruder aimless of drone captures of the unobtainable
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

Tomsbird Posted at 1-12 16:17
I too had much better success if I held the drone camera up during step 2.
It's not wrongful instruct, it's ambidextrous for those two demanded planes.

But I tried battery bay skyward horizontal plane to tarmac and failed, so their 1st instruct is accurate. You do know rotational direction is moot here. Well same moot applies for vertical plane. I succeed 2nd instruct regardless butt or nose skyward (can you see the butt lite led held skyward? No!)
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-12 16:11

Chargers?  Meh.
Hush, genuine, coveted batteries, car charger is the same lookalike as dji's but connects two bats in forty five minutes and lacks stoppage should Honda deplete beyond start capacity. Lemme get that pic, stndby
CarChrgrMavicAir.jpg
CarChrgr2.jpg
CarChrgr3.jpg
CarChrgr4.jpg
2019-1-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

You cracked code alright.  

But why the code, when someone is seeking help and people were trying there best to help?

2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-12 22:31
You cracked code alright.  

But why the code, when someone is seeking help and people were trying there best to help?

rooted the dji cage? meaning?
2019-1-13
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-12 16:11

Chargers?  Meh.

why "Meh" brand  for the car charger?

or is that a typo?

must examine the schematic if deemed superior this "Meh" company china

you can't harm battery choking starving energy into it.

but you will harm it if you flood energy into it against what rate it is happy accepting energy
2019-1-13
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-12 12:38
Bruddah, go here:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wiliwilinui+Ridge+Trail,+Honolulu,+HI+96821/@21.3092934,-157.7618521,259m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x7c0012d5a8ef6873:0x9989e9810164806f!8m2!3d21.3140598!4d-157.7598181

i gotta chk with usgs folks about the rogue upwelling then downwelling of variable winds (doldrums day),

the koolau contour of windward cliffs on one side and relaxed (less eroded billions years) on the leeward side acts to amplify upwelling and downwelling.

the aircraft can be entrained away, upwelling, downwelling. the cusp of the koolau is analogous to treacherous zones "cape of good hope africa" or "tierra del fuego south america" that negotiate imbalanced ocean energies enjoin
the powerful solar energies (ignoring predominant tradewind convection) and terra albido determine furthered bouyant air currents, normally expected to rise upwards being less dense will introduce yet another risky encountering. think about it. does bouyant air cycle in its rising by bouyancy principle? does it speed up and cool down? is that because of cloud cover transients? are dark colored terrains of greater hazard assuming dark surfaces heat up more quick?
2019-1-13
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl Posted at 1-13 13:35
why "Meh" brand  for the car charger?

or is that a typo?

"Meh" means I'm mostly indifferent to aftermarket chargers.

If there's a company called "Meh" they should change their name.
2019-1-13
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl Posted at 1-13 13:46
i gotta chk with usgs folks about the rogue upwelling then downwelling of variable winds (doldrums day),

the koolau contour of windward cliffs on one side and relaxed (less eroded billions years) on the leeward side acts to amplify upwelling and downwelling.

If it's a doldrums day you'll be fine.  There's not enough of a heat differential in the surface temp to cause updrafts like that.
2019-1-13
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

I covered my ma with aluminum heat tape and i get virtually no magnetic interference anymore and it helps with heat deflection and cooling efficiency of the batteries and the craft !
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules