Tello vs Spark
10159 20 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans16501391
lvl.2
Australia

Hey evertone,

I have a Mavic Pro but was looking at getting either a spark or a Tello to fly around the house and backyard or when I want to quickly grab a drone and take it out flying.
I can get a Tello by itself for $90 or in the combo with the controller and extra batteries etc for $175!
The spark I can get with a controller for $345!

What’s everyone’s thoughts and opinions between the 2 of them?!

Thanks,
Ben
2019-1-9
Use props
Keego63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10082 ft
Australia

Hi Ben, personally the Tello is hard to beat in the house,
-  You get a lot of upmarket tech for the price, the Vision Positioning System is really impressive
-  it is easy to control via the phone(there is a little lag with the BT controller),
-  it is nimble
-  it can take a hammering with the Prop Guards on
-  Weighs 80 grams,
-  Props are cheap and easy to replace.

On the downside...
-  weighing 80 grams means the Tello can be hard to fly in the slightest breeze, (switching to fast mode and taking the Prop Guards off can help)
-  batteries take awhile to charge(not a problem if you have multiples)
-  Can be affected by background noise(modems, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices)

2019-1-10
Use props
Keego63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10082 ft
Australia

If you get the Tello this case is a good investment.
2019-1-10
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Keego63 Posted at 1-10 00:44
[view_image]

If you get the Tello this case is a good investment.

Agree, thanks for your valuable sharing : )
2019-1-10
Use props
BRentAP03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74872 ft
United States

I personally would get the spark because i have had one for awhile and you can have fun flying it while also being able to utilize the decent camera for the cost.
2019-1-10
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I would say the spark. I own the Tello which is a great drone for inside very stable packs a lot of technology for the price. It actually does pretty well outside providing there is not a lot of wind. And the photos are quite good for the price you pay.  The videos could be better.
2019-1-10
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

fansf77370fb Posted at 1-10 13:07
I would say the spark. I own the Tello which is a great drone for inside very stable packs a lot of technology for the price. It actually does pretty well outside providing there is not a lot of wind. And the photos are quite good for the price you pay.  The videos could be better.

Thanks for your comment. We listen to all the feedback on social media, very glad to know that it can meet your needs of flying indoor and will keep improving in regard to the downside. Wish you awesome weekends ahead : )
2019-1-10
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

BRentAP03 Posted at 1-10 09:04
I personally would get the spark because i have had one for awhile and you can have fun flying it while also being able to utilize the decent camera for the cost.

Understand,  nice to know that you're enjoying the flying with Tello.  
2019-1-10
Use props
TheGemster18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 359413 ft
United States

It's a no brainer... get the Spark.....every day of the week!  The Tello is a toy..
2019-1-10
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Well tello is more like a toy, and spark is definitely better than it. Depends on how you wanna to use it, for me I will choose the spark  
2019-1-11
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

BTW welcome to the forum mate!
2019-1-11
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Tello has one big disadvantage to Spark. You can't run it beyond VLOS because of absence of GPS and compass. When you lose orientation, you lose the drone.
2019-1-11
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-11 11:50
Tello has one big disadvantage to Spark. You can't run it beyond VLOS because of absence of GPS and compass. When you lose orientation, you lose the drone.

Hopefully a Tello descendant will include GPS.
2019-1-11
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

That depend on what you want to use it for. The Tello is basically just a toy but since you have a Mavic maybe you don't need another drone with everything and the Tello would be easier to fly indoor. Personally I bought a Spark but it is my primary drone so I don't know if I would get one if I had a Mavic.
2019-1-13
Use props
djiuser_B7c3Gfiey9O7
New

Singapore

Hi     So tello has more things like flips and it’s like fun.   Spark ⚡️ is with navigation and more for like business
2019-1-14
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Well for better image and video quality Spark for sure, tello is kinda good for indoor
2019-1-25
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Vlas Posted at 1-11 17:27
Hopefully a Tello descendant will include GPS.

Next thing is its weight and power of motors. Even Spark with 300 g is quite unstaible in moderated and strong wind. You still can fly, but cannot do any satisfactory shooting. Tello just flyaway in the same condition.
2019-1-26
Use props
Sigiel
New
Flight distance : 659 ft
France

I have both. And they rocks both,

i have different use for them,

my spark’is use for taking pictures or video generaly outside, it’s rather loud inside.
I use them both professionaly, to teach kids about programing,

the tello is ideal for kid, it is extremly stable, lightweith. so less dangerous around kids,  as good camera.
the spark is a vastly superior drone in any aspect. but it is dangerous around kid, and a lot noiser and more expensive.

but both can be use with scratch. and have somehow the same autonomy.

I don’t think the tello as just a toy, it a very good drone, with very good features, the EDU, and IBM codding capability put it on a another level
and clearly a Tool.

hope this help.
2019-1-28
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spark is not even close comparison to a Tello.
2019-2-3
Use props
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82169 ft
United States

If you want more stable video I would go with the Spark. If you want a drone to just fly around for fun and mess with the Tello is a nice cheap option. Plus if you crash it there's no fragile gimbal to brake. Then you would have lost $300
2019-2-19
Use props
javistrete22
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9216 ft
Spain

I also had his doubts in his days and at the end I saw this review of the spark droneconcamara.online/dji-spark/and the tello droneconcamara.online/dji-tello/ and in the end I decided on the spark for its characteristics.
2019-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules