United Kingdom

Interesting filter comparison at around 1 min 50sec

2019-1-31
Use props
Olidammara
lvl.1
Canada

FREEWELL SCRATCHES THE LENS

You need : https://www.amazon.com/Vicstar-DJI-Osmo-Bubble-Free-Installation/dp/B07LBHJ7ZJ to prectect your lens if you buy FREEWELL

2019-3-6
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Olidammara Posted at 3-6 06:51

You need : https://www.amazon.com/Vicstar-DJI-Osmo-Bubble-Free-Installation/dp/B07LBHJ7ZJ to prectect your lens if you buy FREEWELL

Oh no!  Can you please share which filter did this?  It looks like the PL circular ring did that.
2019-3-6
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

PolarPro are the only ones with a rubber strip above the magnets to avoid scratching the lens. I managed to scratch mine with the Skyreat, had to buy a 2nd set of PP to be on the safe side.

Being used to my 2 nikon D750s and B+W filters I've never expected the lens element on the OP to be so prone to scratching. From my experience I guess it is not even some cheap mineral glass but acrylic...
2019-3-13
Use props
Sircoynie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170676 ft
United Kingdom

How do the skyreat filters compare? Also: I am looking at putting a glass lens protector over the lens to reduce the risk of scratching, would this affect quality and also the magnetic mounting security of the filter (do they normally sit inside the lip of the lens surround)?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
2019-3-15
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Sircoynie Posted at 3-15 01:00
How do the skyreat filters compare? Also: I am looking at putting a glass lens protector over the lens to reduce the risk of scratching, would this affect quality and also the magnetic mounting security of the filter (do they normally sit inside the lip of the lens surround)?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Skyreat scratched my lens also... get the PolarPro!

Any sticker, membrane or glass cover that you put in front of the camera in addition to the filter will affect image quality quite a bit. Don't do that.
2019-3-15
Use props
Sircoynie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170676 ft
United Kingdom

El Diabolico Posted at 3-15 04:37
Skyreat scratched my lens also... get the PolarPro!

Any sticker, membrane or glass cover that you put in front of the camera in addition to the filter will affect image quality quite a bit. Don't do that.

I have just read some Polarpro reviews and apparently they scratch as well. Seems DJI have given us all very very poor quality lens protection.

Can anyone at DJi on these forums confirm what the lens is made from?
2019-3-15
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Sircoynie Posted at 3-15 12:17
I have just read some Polarpro reviews and apparently they scratch as well. Seems DJI have given us all very very poor quality lens protection.

Can anyone at DJi on these forums confirm what the lens is made from?

My feeling is that it is some kind of Plexi like the one used in the GoPro Hero 2... it scratches by looking at it...

Can you repost any comments on the PolarPro scratching the lens? Unless debris is catched on the magnetic strip, this shouldn't happen.
2019-3-18
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the limited and shutter filters from polar pro on the OP and do not see any scratches.
2019-3-18
Use props
Ern
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I found using screen proctor first reduced the magnesium of the filter too much - also the protector takes up the recess space making the filter even less likely to stay on
My "fix" Is very fine sticker in each corner - Does not look great but raises the filter just enough and hopefully does not cause any scratches
There in no issue with the picture quality

2019-3-18
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Olidammara Posted at 3-6 06:51

I think the metal vapor coating has been damaged.
I ordered a glass foil for the lens and the display.
I put on and not notice any deterioration in image quality and the filter magnet adheres perfectly.
The display is very good to touch, much smoother than the original acrylic.
I recommend to everyone.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... or/32961524999.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... et/32965090091.html
2019-3-18
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 3-18 13:29
I think the metal vapor coating has been damaged.
I ordered a glass foil for the lens and the display.
I put on and not notice any deterioration in image quality and the filter magnet adheres perfectly.

Can you please post the link to the glass foils you use ?
Tnx
2019-3-20
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

DJDream Posted at 3-20 03:56
Can you please post the link to the glass foils you use ?
Tnx

Youre blind!
See my last post!
2019-4-4
Use props
SchwarzM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59423 ft
Romania

After reading everything in this thread I think I will go with Polar Pro as well. Thanks guys!
2019-4-9
Use props
SchwarzM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59423 ft
Romania

After reading everything in this thread I think I will go with Polar Pro as well. Thanks guys!
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI-FRANK
lvl.2
United States

I'd like see the DJI branded NDs , Polar Pro NDs , Tiffen NDs , Pgy-tech NDs and Freewell gear NDs compared.
I assume Sunnylife NDs aren't in the running.
2019-4-22
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

CasualDronePilot Posted at 1-10 11:33
I think I'll get a kit from Polarpro (whenever they are available from a swedish retailer), since I'm happy with that brand on my Spark.

PolarPro no doubt are the best. I have the polarized ones! Lycka till!
2019-5-2
Use props
Cylou
lvl.4
France

Hello,

Are there any ND 128 are even more filters ? Thanks.
2019-5-8
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Swedrone Posted at 5-2 05:49
PolarPro no doubt are the best. I have the polarized ones! Lycka till!

I bought the PolarPro 6-pack Standard Series and so far, I'm more than happy with them.
2019-5-8
Use props
ianstewart58
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157208 ft

United Kingdom

txtechnonerd Posted at 1-10 06:19
I picked up the Freewell set and they're pretty nice. They're so tiny though...I just worry about dropping one sometime and the filter either getting damaged or never finding it again! :-)

Know the feeling, took my Freewell off at a recent carnival, ever to be seen again. Now down to ND4 and ND16. I'll manage.
2019-6-25
Use props
DogHasTheWheel
lvl.2

I noticed that Polar Pro's Shutter Collection Cinema Series only comes with 4 , 8, 16 ND filters. Is that adequate for bright sunlight?
2019-9-13
Use props
DogHasTheWheel
lvl.2

hallmark007 Posted at 1-10 05:00
Polar Pro but they will be the most expensive, pgy tech I would recommend very good quality and competitive price.

I noticed that Polar Pro's Shutter Collection Cinema Series only comes with 4 , 8, 16 ND filters. Is that adequate for bright sunlight?
2019-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

DogHasTheWheel Posted at 9-13 22:00
I noticed that Polar Pro's Shutter Collection Cinema Series only comes with 4 , 8, 16 ND filters. Is that adequate for bright sunlight?

I’ve bought 4/8/16 before never used 4 very seldom used 8 90% of the time used 16, I now only buy 16/32 and I’m never stuck .
2019-9-14
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>

I use the official ones, though I’m debating getting an ND64 from Polar Pro for those stupid-bright days
2019-9-17
Use props
Tide
First Officer

If you are interested in convenience, Try VND filters from Kase.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-190278-1-1.html
2019-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules