Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 pro+ shut down in mid air with no warning!
9057 48 2019-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Death 4rm Above Posted at 1-16 18:56
I wouldn't say I lucked out. It was an obvious product defect. If it were at all related to the 57% battery charge, don't you think DJI would have suggested it at least once? They don't even elude to it in the slightest. I stood my ground for what is right and they finally followed suit.  F more people stood up against blatant excuses then more people would get their warranties covered.  I'm baffled by how many people just chalked it up to the battery and placed no blame on DJI. As if they were brainwashed by DJI.  Again, in what other product would that be acceptable? Not even Apple obsessed sheep would take the blame if their iPhones shut down at 57% they'd be all over Apple for it.  

Clearly DJI their product was malfunctioned and finally gave in to the facts.

Hi .... now that you have a successful outcome - you should enjoy flying your quad and all the great videos you are going to make.

With regard to the battery %  - agreed that an issue was made of it earlier in the thread - but that is because it is a fact that people have lost their quads through taking off with partial battery.
There are various theories out there as to why it happens - but I don't believe anyone has 100% nailed it down. But there are facts to take into account.

DJI do actually warn that flight should be with Fully charged battery.

A partial charged battery will suffer a greater voltage drop to supply the required watts for an action, this can cause the failsafe to initiate or if drop is large enough for the ESC's to shut off. I agree that your log shows voltage well above shut off ... but because the shut off itself will cut all data recording - who knows what it was when it occurred.

Regardless - all the posts above should indicate to you one fact - Please play safe and only take off with a fully charged battery...
If you do that ... then land and DO NOT power off - then you can take off again ... but ONLY when you have not powered off ... as the battery % calculation will be continuous from full.

My own personal view - regardless of auto discharge time set on my DJI batterys - if they have stood more than 12hrs, ie overnight since charged - I always switch on the battery and plug in charger to top it back up that little bit ... I will not fly with a battery that has stood overnight.

Its always sad to hear of a model crashing and anything any of us can advise or help to stop others from having crashes ... is all we want.

Nigel
2019-1-17
Use props
FredAstra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

Glad to see you got a good result here !   I'm on you side, I don't go with the 'taking off with 57% battery' is the cause.  If it is, it shouldn't be.  These are supposed to be smart batteries, and smart drones.  If taking of with 57% battery is an issue, then DJI should make it very very clear that there is a problem either with their design or the technology.  I could drive my Tesla for 100 miles, Park it for a few hours and then still drive it another 100 miles without it conking out.  (no i haven't really got a Tesla )  I think you were lucky that you had only done short flights and that you had overwhelming evidence to prove your case.   Many others have not been so lucky.

Congratulations & Happy New Year :-)
2019-1-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

FredAstra Posted at 1-17 13:12
Glad to see you got a good result here !   I'm on you side, I don't go with the 'taking off with 57% battery' is the cause.  If it is, it shouldn't be.  These are supposed to be smart batteries, and smart drones.  If taking of with 57% battery is an issue, then DJI should make it very very clear that there is a problem either with their design or the technology.  I could drive my Tesla for 100 miles, Park it for a few hours and then still drive it another 100 miles without it conking out.  (no i haven't really got a Tesla )  I think you were lucky that you had only done short flights and that you had overwhelming evidence to prove your case.   Many others have not been so lucky.

Congratulations & Happy New Year :-)

Looking back over this thread, no-one said it WAS the cause of the shutdown, we simply warned that it has been proven time and time again that taking off with a less than 100% battery can lead to loss or damage to the aircraft. This is nothing more than a warning from those who have the experience, take it or leave it.
2019-1-17
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

Really, for some reason, you lucked out. People have had data and just as good tenacity.  I have been rooting for you even though some on here were chiding you. I'm happy for you

2019-1-17
Use props
Joe8617
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139587 ft
United States

If you bought it with a credit card, you can report the problem to your card issuer and then they have to deal with DJI and release your money in the meantime.  Or, some cards provide a "purchase protection" feature that will replace your item if it is lost, stolen, or broken within a certain window of time.  Good luck with it.  I would be really disappointed in your shoes.
2019-1-20
Use props
Joe8617
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139587 ft
United States

Joe8617 Posted at 1-20 14:44
If you bought it with a credit card, you can report the problem to your card issuer and then they have to deal with DJI and release your money in the meantime.  Or, some cards provide a "purchase protection" feature that will replace your item if it is lost, stolen, or broken within a certain window of time.  Good luck with it.  I would be really disappointed in your shoes.

Sorry, I missed the end of the last page .  Glad they took care of it for you!
2019-1-20
Use props
Fabio NakedHead
New

DJI support is a joke. I have been waiting for a month for a solution. Obsidian dropped with 98% battery. They have admitted equipment failure but so far have not resolved and do not seem to strive for it.
2019-10-1
Use props
Cuong Chu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55105 ft

Fabio NakedHead Posted at 10-1 06:31
DJI support is a joke. I have been waiting for a month for a solution. Obsidian dropped with 98% battery. They have admitted equipment failure but so far have not resolved and do not seem to strive for it.

I have the same situation with my first flight with Phantom 4 Pro Ob. Sent back to DJI Australia and waiting for their response
2019-10-1
Use props
djiuser_3uKc3VszkLsR
New

Australia

Xvhhbuzb b.vh. Bnb. Nina n nj mmjnn??!!
2022-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules