No Signal on DJI Inspire 1 - And can't upgrade firmware
6936 31 2015-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vakhochi
New

Georgia

Hello guys. I have a problem on DJI Inspire 1. I 've been flying yesterday and after i landed the drone, i decided to see what i have shot. But suddenly it wrote no Signal. I have tried everything, tried to reinstall the DJI Pilot app on my Ipad Air 2, used an android, checked everything inside the gimbal ( Everything is ok ) But still it says no Signal. I tried to upgrade the firmware but it has no reaction. This idiots from DJI doesnt know anything. So please If somebody of you had the same problem, please help me! Here is a screen shot of app while no Signal

2015-6-4
Use props
Vakhochi
New

Georgia

It also says that needs Battery update, but battery can't be updated if the firmware is not updated. So Is there any other way to upgrade firmware manually?

P.S DJI has the worst service in the world. They don't care about their customers
2015-6-4
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Tell us a bit more.

When you turn on the power to the Inspire, does the gimbal come to life?  It should point one way and then the other as it initializes.  Does this happen?  Do you hear the internal motor sounds from the Inspire when you power it up?  Does the light on the tail come on?  What color is it?  Is it flashing?  What is the pattern to the flashes (steady slow flashing, steady fast flashing, some kind of pattern to the flashes)?

Have you updated the firmware before or is this the first time you have done it?  What process did you follow to update the firmware and exactly what happened?

We need more details before we can help.
2015-6-4
Use props
dlhoiseth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4321745 ft
  • >>>
United States

No signal means the Camera is not communicating with the Inspire.  I have had this happen to both of my Inspires.  I did the process of elimination and have found the source.  First was the inspire fell 2 feet on to carpet floor and the Quick release port cable wire came loose on one end.  Replaced from new ones amazon $11.23.  Second time was a little bit of a hard landing and it just came loose.  Plugged it back in and it works flawlessly.  Symptoms were no signal or signal would come and go.  if everything else is communicating such as battery gps, etc,  then check the Quick release port cables. Takes 5 minutes 4 hex screws nose cone and 2 small screws under the bottom side to get nose cone off.  see link for part below  hope this helps

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2015-6-4
Use props
dlhoiseth
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

This would also explain why you can't update since it has to go through the camera and SD card to update
2015-6-4
Use props
dlhoiseth
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I also had upgrade failure with the the one that had the problem.  replaced Port Cable and it was then able to update firmware for battery.  
2015-6-4
Use props
Vakhochi
New

Georgia

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-5 00:27
Tell us a bit more.

When you turn on the power to the Inspire, does the gimbal come to life?  It sh ...

Hello guys

Thanks for expressing interest to my problem regarding no signal sign and that I can’t upgrade the latest battery firmware. Firmware version 1.2.1.06

The problem history starts like this – we turned the drone on, shot couple of scenes, landed the drone and we decided to see what we have shot. And the problem begins. When we entered playback we couldn’t do anything because it didn’t give us ability to do anything, cause the DJI Pilot app was stuck. We tried to enter playback from another Ipad Air 2 but same problem.

We restarted everything and when everything turned on, It was OK as usual, but we couldn’t see what we have shot. I thought that we forgot to push the record button. We pushed the record button again, recorded a random scene and everything was ok again. I turned it off, than on and instead of camera view we saw a blue screen and after another restart No signal sign appeared.  As we had such kind of problem before, we decided that we could just reinstall the DJI Pilot app and it would work ( it helped before)  but this time it didn’t work.

We have a problem of No Signal sign ( This is not a usual No Signal sign problem which you might see on youtube, when the guys have problems with gimbal contact and etc. In our situation, everything is working as usual, the gimbal is turning on, we hear sounds as usual and the see the flashing lights also. The only problem is that we can’t see the camera view and we can’t control play/stop/record  buttons on Ipad. And we think due to this problem, we can’t upgrade the newest batteries firmware. Everything which is linked to DJI Inspire 1 is upgraded on version 1.2.01.03. As we already had same problem before, we thought that reinstalling the DJI Pilot App on Ipad will help, as it helped before, but now it didn’t work. One more detail – We have never ever seen the gimbal cooler working ( Not now and not in good times, Maybe it is working while the drone is in air, but when it’s landed and the camera is on we don’t see that it’s working) So please if anybody o you guys are experiencing the same problem help us. Maybe anybody of you have connection to this Non professionals  in DJI, who don’t even know English language and are telling stupid things instead of help. I’m really disappointed with this product and DJI service and I’m worried that I have payed so much money on this incomplete product.
2015-6-5
Use props
Vakhochi
New

Georgia

dlhoiseth@yahoo Posted at 2015-6-5 02:26
No signal means the Camera is not communicating with the Inspire.  I have had this happen to both of ...

Yes but why the gimbal and everything is working as usual than? All the cables and schemes are working well and our drone has never ever crashed. We are transporting it in very safe way and all the parts are in safe area. We always land the drone safely
2015-6-5
Use props
Vakhochi
New

Georgia

Vakhochi Posted at 2015-6-5 16:54
Hello guys

Thanks for expressing interest to my problem regarding no signal sign and that I can’t ...

When we put the SD card in gimbal with latest firmware on it, nothing happens. That time the drone must start upgrade itself, but no, nothing happens. We are doing everything according instructions
2015-6-5
Use props
M3SpeedRacer
lvl.2

United States

Vakhochi Posted at 2015-6-5 17:01
When we put the SD card in gimbal with latest firmware on it, nothing happens. That time the drone ...

Same exact problem here. "No Signal" no video feed from camera. Currently at DJI for repair, this is 2nd time it has been returned to DJI for the same issue.
2015-6-5
Use props
Vakhochi
New

Georgia

M3SpeedRacer Posted at 2015-6-5 20:01
Same exact problem here. "No Signal" no video feed from camera. Currently at DJI for repair, this  ...

I hate this DJI idiots. The poorest service in the world. How long did it take to repair the drone first time? What did they tell you what was the problem? I still have a warranty and they don't even want to pay for transporting
2015-6-5
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Vakhochi Posted at 2015-6-5 20:24
I hate this DJI idiots. The poorest service in the world. How long did it take to repair the drone ...

In the U.S., even products under warranty generally have to be shipped for repair at the owner's expense (I don't know what is standard practice in your country).  That is one reason why I've been fairly vocal in my objections to DJI deciding to centralize repairs in essentially one location per continent.  That may be cheaper and easier for THEM, but it adds huge additional costs and delays for their customers.  And nobody ever has nice things to say about a manufacturer who makes things cheaper and easier for themselves by making them more expensive and harder for their customers.

With that said, the information you have been given in this thread is correct.  If the Inspire wakes up when powered on and communicates with the controller, but you can't see the camera's image AND it doesn't recognize a MicroSD card inserted in the camera, that combination of factors strongly suggests that the camera is not communicating with the bird.

There are several possible reasons.  If the ribbon cable is not securely connected or defective, as dlhoiseth suggested, that would explain it.  Remember that there are several pins in that cable, each with different functions.  If the cable is not making proper contact, some pins may be connecting and others not.  This is not an uncommon problem with such cables.  Sometimes removing both ends of a ribbon cable from their connectors and reseating it can solve the problem if that is the cause.  If the cable is defective, it is one of the Inspire items that IS available as a spare part - "Part 17."  ("Loose" is a lot more likely than "defective").

Another potential problem is that there are tiny plastic locator pins in the gimbal mounting bracket on the bird, that are intended to orient the camera correctly so all the pins make proper contact.  One user recently posted a picture showing that those plastic pins can snap off, meaning that the contacts on the camera mount will no longer align correctly with the contacts in the bracket.  That could produce a variety of symptoms including the ones you describe.  To check for this, turn the Inspire upside down with the camera off and look on either side of the rows of contacts inside the gimbal mounting bracket for the plastic locator pins (you will probably need a magnifying glass).  If one or both is missing, or if one of the contacts looks bent or deformed, you need a new gimbal bracket (this, too, IS available as a spare part - "Part 41."

If it's neither of this things then it really will have to be shipped in for service as the next possibilities involve checking for electronic failures in the camera or the board inside the aircraft that the camera connects to.
2015-6-5
Use props
Vakhochi
New

Georgia

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-5 21:58
In the U.S., even products under warranty generally have to be shipped for repair at the owner's ex ...

Thanks mate. I'll try as you advice and if it won't work, all i have to do is to send the drone for fixing. But anyways, customer service of DJI is the poorest in the world
2015-6-5
Use props
Vakhochi
New

Georgia

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-5 21:58
In the U.S., even products under warranty generally have to be shipped for repair at the owner's ex ...

And should the cooler be working everytime? I mean the cooler of gimbal is not working while the drone is landed
2015-6-5
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Vakhochi Posted at 2015-6-5 23:28
And should the cooler be working everytime? I mean the cooler of gimbal is not working while the d ...

I believe it is supposed to power on when the aircraft powers up.  If it doesn't, that's another reason to suspect a break in the connection between the mainboard and the camera, whether due to the ribbon cable, gimbal connector or internal electronic fault.  If I had to guess (and it is ONLY a guess) I would say that the weakest link is where the tiny connection fingers from the camera gimbal connect with the equally tiny fingers in the bracket.  All you have are little pieces of metal gently pressing against each other.  I would focus my attention there as the best chance of solving the problem without having to send the unit in.

With that said, though, we've seen cases of the camera itself failing, so it's not 100% that you'll be able to solve it.  You have my best wishes that one of these simple solutions gets you back in the air soon.
2015-6-5
Use props
danilo rottigni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251732 ft
Mexico

I have a similar problem. Does your aircraft beep? Mine is. I was almost halfway doing the IMU calibration and suddenly it started to beep and the signal got lost, DJI guys could not help just told me to send it to LA ( I am in Mexico.......) let us hope to find someone that knows how to fix it  p.s. On my dji app, the dron got stuck On the same point where it lost the signal
2015-6-6
Use props
danilo rottigni
lvl.1
Mexico

M3SpeedRacer Posted at 2015-6-5 20:01
Same exact problem here. "No Signal" no video feed from camera. Currently at DJI for repair, this  ...

What DJI did you send it to? Where?
2015-6-6
Use props
danilo rottigni
lvl.1
Mexico

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-5 00:27
Tell us a bit more.

When you turn on the power to the Inspire, does the gimbal come to life?  It sh ...

Hi Pete, it looks like you have some knowledge about the I1, so I will tell you about my problem:

I have a strong issue now with the aircraft. I was about to shoot a House 200meters away from the restricted arrea of an airport, a sign came out telling me that, however ir did not say not to fly, therefore I started to calibrate the IMU but when it was at 30% the aircraft started a strong continuous beep and the  signal got lost, but no Light, on the rear of the battery, just the sound I moved away from that location but it kept doing it, so I quit and went Home, nevertheless  the problem persisted so I got in touch with DJI via Chat but after 2 days they could not find the cause and told me to send it to L.A. Before doing so I am asking around to see if somebody else had the same trouble On my dji app, the dron got stuck On the same point where it lost the signal
2015-6-6
Use props
LIME
New

Thailand

Hi Guys. I truly hope someone here can help me. I recently purchased an Inspire 1 from our local dealership here... I have ever since been trying to upgrade the required firmware.
I have successfully upgraded both remotes, but the Inspire itself will not do what it says on the paper. According to the manual, there are so few simple steps to follow that I doubt that I can do anything wrong. However it seems like the Drone dont interact with the SD card and therefore cannot do the upgrade... I have powered everything down and powered up again and waiting for the described beep sounds to indicate progress, but nothing happens. No beeping sound to be heard it just flashed fast yellow light out of the tail... So it is not idle either by looking at the light... Has anyone experienced same problems and if so, how did you get it fixed...
2015-6-6
Use props
M3SpeedRacer
lvl.2

United States

Vakhochi Posted at 2015-6-5 20:24
I hate this DJI idiots. The poorest service in the world. How long did it take to repair the drone ...

I was without my I1 for 8 weeks for the first repair. It was at DJI for 6 weeks and 2 days.
They replaced the flight controller, antenna, and antenna cable but when I got it back the "No Signal" problem was still observed about 9 out of 10 times its turned on so I sent it back on Monday. Both times they sent me RMA with return shipping label. I asked them nicely and they provided, easy.
I understand your frustration, we are both in the same situation, I had to return it to them second time for the same issue, but calling them idiots is not going to help you get your I1 repaired and back to you any faster.
2015-6-7
Use props
Vakhochi
New

Georgia

Guys, I found another DJi Inspire 1 here in Tbilisi, Georgia. I'm planning to attach their gimbal on mine and see what happens. I'll let you know as i get results. Thanks everybody and special thanks to PeteGould
2015-6-8
Use props
Vakhochi
New

Georgia

Hello guys, So we tested another gimbal on our Inspire 1 and it works. So the problem is in gimbal - as it is not connecting the drone. Any suggestions except of sending the gimbal on repair?

2015-6-10
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Vakhochi Posted at 2015-6-5 22:23
Thanks mate. I'll try as you advice and if it won't work, all i have to do is to send the drone fo ...

You've apparently never had to call Comcast.
2015-6-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vakhochi Posted at 2015-6-10 23:02
Hello guys, So we tested another gimbal on our Inspire 1 and it works. So the problem is in gimbal - ...

Call DJI in LA do not email them.  They will set you up with an RMA.
2015-6-10
Use props
guewald
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314888 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi guys

anyone have solved the problem
2015-6-11
Use props
danilo rottigni
lvl.1
Mexico

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-11 01:19
Call DJI in LA do not email them.  They will set you up with an RMA.

I wonder if you can help me.
due to the fact that my previous Inspire 1 had a strong issue, they send me back a brand new one (after 9/10 weeks) nevertheless the aircraft  does nor connect, I turned on the RC, then I turned on the aircraft but a solid blue light shows on the tail of the battery and can not get it off the travel mode. The RC started a beep after a long while after beeing tuned on. What can be the issue here?
2015-9-24
Use props
danilo rottigni
lvl.1
Mexico

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-6 01:13
I believe it is supposed to power on when the aircraft powers up.  If it doesn't, that's another r ...

due to the fact that my previous Inspire 1 had a strong issue, they send me back a brand new one (after 9/10 weeks) nevertheless the aircraft  does nor connect, I turned on the RC, then I turned on the aircraft but a solid blue light shows on the tail of the battery and can not get it off the travel mode. The RC started a beep after a long while after beeing tuned on. What can be the issue here?
2015-9-24
Use props
jon
lvl.1
United States

danilo rottigni Posted at 2015-9-24 12:15
due to the fact that my previous Inspire 1 had a strong issue, they s ...

I have this very same issue new drone and it won't do a thing blue light on back but nothing else.
2015-9-24
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

What I don't understand is why you can't just ship to the nearest dji dealer for repairs ,as you would if buying a car fro m Say ford  also we need to know how to reset sack to factory default
2015-9-25
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

ageelectrical Posted at 2015-9-25 16:33
What I don't understand is why you can't just ship to the nearest dji dealer for repairs ,as you wou ...

A lot of people including myself don't understand it either.

DJI says they had bad experiences with dealers doing a poor job of repairs which were blamed on DJI, so they decided to centralize repairs where they would have 100% control.

From what I can see the effect has been worse.  People are furious about impossibly long turnaround times, overstressed phone lines resulting in people not being able to get through, and QC failures that presumably have resulted from overworked techs.

But apparently they know far more than we do.
2015-9-27
Use props
danilo rottigni
lvl.1
Mexico

jon@faithglobal Posted at 2015-9-25 04:34
I have this very same issue new drone and it won't do a thing blue light on back but nothing else.

Hi Jhon, I finally found out that I needed to re-link the RC to the Aircraft, check it on the manual.
Surprised that they never mention it. Good Luck!
2015-9-28
Use props
jasonmsitz
lvl.2

United States

dlhoiseth@yahoo Posted at 2015-6-4 14:31
I also had upgrade failure with the the one that had the problem.  replaced Port Cable and it was th ...

Hi my name is jason and new to the drone world. I got hooked and started with a syma x5 then wanted to build piece by piece one of the phantoms. After that and bebops i took on the inspire. Boy no parts no instuctions. After intense research im down to only needing a camera. My problem is the controler updated but i cant link to the light bridge. The light keeps flasihing red no matter when and how i turn them both on. I just want thee motor boom jack to work. Well relly conections but to contec to the app with drone for say satus i would need a camera. Alson the antenna wires would you plz look onnyours and see if the blk color ones sshould benon the outside of light bridge (main controller)
Thanks for takeing the time to read and answer i csnt get any help
2016-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules