Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI A2 flight controller Automatic TakeOff without any user input
1054 3 2019-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msm1122
lvl.1
Pakistan

Good Day,

We are using DJI A2 flight controller with its datalink and ground station software in our hex-rotors (refered as bird in this discussion) for more than 3 years.
Today, we experienced something new for the first time i.e the drone automatically takes off randomly without any input from ground station software or RC and starts hovering at an altitude of 6-7 meters until we take over control via RC and land it manually.
The  behaviour was similar to clicking 'one click takeoff' button. But in this case no button was clicked.
Also, on our iOSD display, the flight mode displayed was 'Toff' during these automatic takeOffs.

The phenomena occurred 9 times in a row. The details are as follows

First Incident:
  • Bird was powered on as always with battery at 24.5 Volts and GPS satellites of  12
  • Ground station software was opened and connected to bird via datalink
  • Editor tab was opened to make a waypoint mission
  • While the operator was making the mission, the bird took off automatically and started hovering at height of 6-7 meters
  • We took over the control via RC and landed it

Second Incident:
  • We closed ground station software and opened it again
  • Again tried to connect to bird but this time the software could not connect to bird
  • Meanwhile (while we were trying to connect to bird), the bird took off to a height of 6-7 meters and started hovering
  • Again we took over the control via RC and landed it

Third Incident:   
  • We restarted the bird by disconnecting the battery and connecting it again
  • Laptop was also restarted
  • Ground station software was opened and connected to air end
  • The bird again took off to a height of 6-7 meters and started hovering
  • Again we took over the control via RC and landed it

Fourth Incident:

• Just after 1-2 minutes of landing after third incident, the bird again took off and started hovering
  • Again it was landed via RC
After the fourth incident we removed the propellers to avoid any mishap and started checking the flight controller configurations

FifthIncident:  
  • We connected the bird LED with laptop via android cable and opened A2 Assistant v1.9 to check for any errors or calibrations
  • Meanwhile the ground station software was running in background and DJI datalink connected.
  • Again the bird armed it self and motors started rotating very fast. However, no props were installed so we simply disconnected the battery

SixthIncident:  
  • We did RC calibration just to be sure if may be due to RC calibration the bird was behaving this way
  • We disconnected the cable between LED and laptop and closed A2 assistant software.
  • Ground station software was opened and again we connected the air end
  • Again the bird armed it self and motors started rotating very fast. However, no props were installed so we simply disconnected the battery

SeventhIncident:  
  • Ground station software was opened and again we connected the air end
  • We made a small mission of two waypoints and uploaded to the bird
  • After successful uploading of mission, the 'GO' button turned red (means it is ready for take off)
  • Before we press 'GO' button, again the bird armed it self and motors started rotating very fast. However, no props were installed so we simply disconnected the battery

EightIncident:  
  • When we connected Ground station software to air end the motors got armed.

NinthIncident:  
  • Actions of seventh incident occurred again.and same problem faced.

Based on above incidents,
  • can someone please guide us what could have gone wrong with our configurations?
  • Also, during these rehearsals, we changed the bird and found out that the phenomena occurs with that one special bird only. So there must be some problem with that flight controllerler?
  • How to solve this issue of automatic TakeOffs?
  • How to avoid this problem if it occurs in future with some other bird?

2019-1-10
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sooo...it only happens when you open GS or after you load a mission? Have you tested without GS?
2019-1-24
Use props
msm1122
lvl.1
Pakistan

DennisMurry08 Posted at 1-24 20:34
Sooo...it only happens when you open GS or after you load a mission? Have you tested without GS?

Yup, tried without GS and Datalink. The issue does not replicate.
2019-1-24
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

ok..a long time ago I had what sounds like the same issue..all of a sudden one of my 1000's just took off after uploading. At least, like you, it only went up a few feet. I'm not sure which of these were the culprit but I did this...(should have tried one at a time then would have an answer)...anyway, it never did it again...but I did put bricks on the landing gear. I unlinked and relinked my radio. I changed the arming in my assistant to inwards instead of outwards (the sticks). Then, thinking that wasnt enough, I ensured my A2 Mixer Type was set on Octo-Rotor V (2 red arms in front)...there is an Octo-Rotor 1 choice (1 red arm in front) and that is wrong...has to be V. While on the assistant I changed to a Hexa and let it go haywire then back to Octo V (I think I disconnected the battery and reconnected then reset and duplicate with the correct Octo. Next I rechecked my mapping and especially the RC tab in the assistant for DR16 and next to it I changed it from Manual, Atti, GPS to Atti, Atti and GPS. Make sure your switch isnt out of the parameters...meaning when you switch to GPS then the GPS is highlighted in blue and the black arrow is in the middle..same with both Atti's. I did a compass calibration and somewhere in the above I must have fixed it as I never had the problem again...not that I still trust it but thats what I did....I hope its something you just do a face slap because it was obvious and not more to it. Good luck
2019-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules