11855 123 2019-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another example where the fast boot time comes in handy. Walking along the street in Osaka and heard traditional music coming up and manage to get the OP ready just as the Monks leads a small New Year Parade down the street.

2019-1-21
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Another example of how well the OP works in low light condition. Came upon a small Shrine in an alley at night.

2019-1-22
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Late night Tuna cutting on the street of Osaka,

2019-1-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 1-10 22:01
one newer vid is up, Caught the sunrise in between 2 layers of clouds during my descent into HKG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b52z4ZbrYM8

Great capture
2019-1-23
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks, really interesting to read about your experiences from a travel camera perspective. I was in Japan from mid-Oct to late-Nov 2018 and went to many of the places in your videos, nice memories. I have one question. Several of the videos have moments when the focus does not seem to be quite right, .. I am wondering whether this is due to a Youtube streaming problem or that the footage is occasionally soft. Cheers Steve
2019-1-23
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

forbsie Posted at 1-23 03:26
Thanks, really interesting to read about your experiences from a travel camera perspective. I was in Japan from mid-Oct to late-Nov 2018 and went to many of the places in your videos, nice memories. I have one question. Several of the videos have moments when the focus does not seem to be quite right, .. I am wondering whether this is due to a Youtube streaming problem or that the footage is occasionally soft. Cheers Steve

That must be fun! I need to plan a trip to stay there for a a month or so. I had people that have never been to Japan tagging along for this trip so we're just hitting all the major sites with the time we have. Even after 15 visit to Japan in the last 20 years (but only 1 week at a time), I still have not see everything I want.
What you saw was the focus bumping issue that some of the user is complaining about. It does happen from time to time when there's a lot of movement or in low light situation. It's partly a problem with a contrast based autofocus system but no system is perfect and they all have their flaws in certain situations. There are probably ways to improve this issue so hopefully we'll see that in the future firmware updates.

2019-1-23
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Waiting for our bullet train at Kobe Station

2019-1-23
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Wiz33 Posted at 1-23 08:11
That must be fun! I need to plan a trip to stay there for a a month or so. I had people that have never been to Japan tagging along for this trip so we're just hitting all the major sites with the time we have. Even after 15 visit to Japan in the last 20 years (but only 1 week at a time), I still have not see everything I want.
What you saw was the focus bumping issue that some of the user is complaining about. It does happen from time to time when there's a lot of movement or in low light situation. It's partly a problem with a contrast based autofocus system but no system is perfect and they all have their flaws in certain situations. There are probably ways to improve this issue so hopefully we'll see that in the future firmware updates.

Thanks for the reply. I think the benefits of the OP outweigh the disadvantages. I travelled with the Osmo Mobile 2 and found it was cumbersome and consequently rarely used it.
2019-1-23
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

forbsie Posted at 1-23 15:14
Thanks for the reply. I think the benefits of the OP outweigh the disadvantages. I travelled with the Osmo Mobile 2 and found it was cumbersome and consequently rarely used it.

Yea, having something in your pocket that you can take out and be ready to shoot in 10-15 seconds is just great. I bought along my Panasonic FZ1000 and it sat in the hotel rooms the whole trip after the first couple days.
2019-1-23
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Wiz33 Posted at 1-23 15:28
Yea, having something in your pocket that you can take out and be ready to shoot in 10-15 seconds is just great. I bought along my Panasonic FZ1000 and it sat in the hotel rooms the whole trip after the first couple days.

BTW, meant to say, you got some cool video footage. Japan is an awesome place to visit!
2019-1-23
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Asakusa Temple Thunder Gate at night. Some focus bumping issue due to the moving crowd and low light but still really happy with the results

2019-1-24
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Past the 1st gate and continue on Nakamise to the 2nd gate then main hall. Even with the focus bumping once in a while, still impressed by how well the OP does in low light.

2019-1-25
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This is another example of how the fast boot up time helps me catch a shot that I would have missed with most other setup. Heard the loud exhaust noise coming behind me, didn't know what's going on (the guy with the phone next to me seems to though as he was ready to shoot). I did have the op in hand but I did not boot up till the 1st motorcycle was already passing me but was still able to catch most of the gang riding through the main intersection at Shibuya

2019-1-26
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Outside the newly restored Tokyo Station at night

2019-1-27
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

360 night shot of Tokyo Station and the surrounding area

2019-1-28
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

People feeding deers at Todaiji Temple, Nara, Japan

2019-1-29
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Closer look at the sulfur smoke coming out of the volcano and what seems to be a sulfur mining operation

2019-1-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 1-28 08:17
360 night shot of Tokyo Station and the surrounding area

https://youtu.be/iQj8OGLd31I

Great video!
2019-1-30
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have not post any video from a home environment since most of of them are personal but I just found a clip that's just food. So here it is:

2019-1-30
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A shot of the platform and interior of the new High Speed Train in Hong Kong

Couldn't get a shot of the front of the train on the Hong Kong side platform but did managed to get a quick picture once I arrived

2019-1-31
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This video shows what you can expect when shooting from a moving vehicle.

2019-2-1
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My only 4K@60 clip from the trip. Shot from the new Hong Kong High Speed Train, not bad considering that we are traveling at 150-200kph

2019-2-2
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I also shot a 1080@120 clip on the same trip

2019-2-3
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Daytime shot from the plane from Hong Kong to Taipei

2019-2-6
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A bit of history that's not widely told in the western world. The Opium War Museum in Humen., China.

2019-2-7
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Interior of the Opium War Museum. While there were very little signage in English on the exterior. There're very good English translation for all the display inside the museum. I'm also constantly surprised by how well the OP works in low light situation. Video noise while present, did not really distract you from watching the video.

2019-2-9
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

More interior of the Opium War Museum.

2019-2-11
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Taking the Yurikamome line onto Tokyo Bay to Odaiba.

2019-2-13
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Not really a scenic vid but only for those that enjoy plastic models, especially Gundam kits by Bandai.

2019-2-15
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

These are pretty much all the videos I shot on my trip. I hope they will give potential buyer an idea of what they can expect from the OP with no post processing. All the video was shot between Dec 13th 2018 to Jan 8th 2019 so before the latest firmware updates. I then lend it to a friend for his trip to Asia so I just got it back a couple weeks ago but I have been busy so have not shot any new footage yet even though I got some new graduated and clear night filters to play with. I'll add to this thread when I manage to try those out.

I do have a few more video to add but they are only for the foodies in the group. It's the complete Kobe beef dining experience at Royal Mouriya in Kobe. Arguably one of the best Kobe beef restaurant in Japan. It's quite expensive but really worth the experience if you are in Kobe (and they are at least 30% cheaper than having the same meal in Tokyo). We ordered 2 sets of Kobe A5 and 2 set of Japanese A5 for the 4 of us. The price difference is quite a bit and to tell the truth. If I'm not having them side by side, The Japanese A5 is more than good enough. You can check out their website here:

https://www.mouriya.co.jp/en/royal

I have not have a chance to join all the video into one and it would be over 40 mins so I'll be posting them as OP split them into about 5 mins segments. Here's the first video where the chef start by frying sliced garlic until they are crispy:

2019-2-25
Use props
AndyUS19
lvl.2

United States

Just curious. Which AF mode did you use for these videos?
thanks.
2019-2-25
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AndyUS19 Posted at 2-25 14:35
Just curious. Which AF mode did you use for these videos?
thanks.

All done in AFC before the firmware update. the focus bump is due to low light and low contract except for the chef and my plate so it keep bouncing back and forth between the two, especially when the chef moves. The placement of the OP prevent me from seeing the screen all the time. If I would have notice during filming, I would have place it further away or move my plate towards me a bit more.
2019-2-25
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Part 2 is up. It took almost 10 minutes just to get the garlic done. The chef constantly flip them till perfection.

2019-2-28
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

Did you use a filter with all/most of your shots?
2019-2-28
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

Wiz33 Posted at 2-25 15:23
All done in AFC before the firmware update. the focus bump is due to low light and low contract except for the chef and my plate so it keep bouncing back and forth between the two, especially when the chef moves. The placement of the OP prevent me from seeing the screen all the time. If I would have notice during filming, I would have place it further away or move my plate towards me a bit more.

2019-2-28
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

cEQtBhqjyKJB Posted at 2-28 15:30

ND16/32 on some of the daylight shots. Especially the sunset on MT Fuji.  But not all, sometimes I would forget.
2019-2-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome collection of videos
2019-2-28
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2-28 23:37
Awesome collection of videos

Thanks. Most of the footage that the more professional user put up on the web have been edited and color graded. I just want to let potential buyer know what they can expect from the OP right out of the box with a set of ND filters from a casual user POV.
2019-3-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 3-1 08:36
Thanks. Most of the footage that the more professional user put up on the web have been edited and color graded. I just want to let potential buyer know what they can expect from the OP right out of the box with a set of ND filters from a casual user POV.

Which, IMO, are always the best reviews - keep up the good work.
2019-3-1
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cooking the veggies and the steak finally got on the Tepan at the end:

2019-3-1
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced