Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin- S Motion Tracking
14955 32 2019-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3f7385a4
lvl.2
Argentina

When will the app for DJI Ronin-S allow tracking of movement of people or objects activating camera movement? The Zhiyum application has these options ...
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry that Ronin-S doesn't support the Active Track function currently, your need will be forwarded to our engineers for attention in the future development. Thanks for your suggestion.
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi there, I have got the feedback from our engineer that we will support tracking feature via the future firmware, please note the release notes, thanks for your attention.
2019-1-16
Use props
fans3f7385a4
lvl.2
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-16 02:59
Hi there, I have got the feedback from our engineer that we will support tracking feature via the future firmware, please note the release notes, thanks for your attention.

Thanks for the update
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans3f7385a4 Posted at 1-16 11:21
Thanks for the update

No problem, welcome to share us more suggestion, we will keep improving our products.
2019-1-17
Use props
maisen20
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

any news about that?
2019-2-23
Use props
djiuser_LucrqmYE5Zwq
New

India

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-11 02:11
Hi there, sorry that Ronin-S doesn't support the Active Track function currently, your need will be forwarded to our engineers for attention in the future development. Thanks for your suggestion.

Camera need any software, for active tracking facility? Like osmo 2 , we use mobile phone dji software and we select on mobil screen. In camera how it can do?
2019-3-20
Use props
fans3f7385a4
lvl.2
Argentina

djiuser_LucrqmYE5Zwq Posted at 3-20 09:05
Camera need any software, for active tracking facility? Like osmo 2 , we use mobile phone dji software and we select on mobil screen. In camera how it can do?

The zhiyun crane 2 can do it with a phone.
2019-3-21
Use props
fans3f7385a4
lvl.2
Argentina

You have to mount the phone and the software use de phone's camera to track and give direction to the Ronin
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_LucrqmYE5Zwq Posted at 3-20 09:05
Camera need any software, for active tracking facility? Like osmo 2 , we use mobile phone dji software and we select on mobil screen. In camera how it can do?

Hi there, Active Track is not available for Ronin-S, Ronin-S can only provide the stabilization to the camera and control it but there is no image transmission via the Ronin-S APP, if there is any update in the future, we will post in the website, thanks for your support.
2019-3-21
Use props
CreeU1
New
Germany

There are Tracking Modules like the Taro M1 (www taro.ai)  which use an infra red signal detection. You put the tracking module on top of your DSLR in the flash mount. Then you wear an infrared wrist band and the tracking module sees it, then it can move the gimbal via bluetooth.  Unfortunately the Taro M1 doesn't support the Ronin S yet.
2019-4-3
Use props
CreeU1
New
Germany

2019-4-3
Use props
djiuser_y1oP5nDltP3v
New

Germany

With Ronin-SC just released comes ActiveTrack and Force Mobile. Are these features also available for Ronin-S now then?
2019-7-17
Use props
Asidhowz
lvl.2

Ireland

So any news on the Ronin S getting the same modes as the New Ronin SC active track, remote control from phone etc
2019-7-17
Use props
webvamsi666
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hopefully, Ronin S Should get this update.. please please do a release asap
2019-7-17
Use props
Elvis Presley
lvl.1
United States

Please add these features to the Ronin S. I'll buy an adapter or pay for the upgrade.
2019-7-17
Use props
djiuser_YkJOm2WCC2aS
New

Canada

Question? Us Ronin S user not the new SC, are we going to receive a update for the new active tracking and forced motion to our current Ronin S? Or are we forced to buy the new SC model and new camera? Us running with a professional grade camera with heavy payload sims to find out that having a heavy payload lens push the camera far back and hits the rear motor. It will be nice if we ronin s user would receive a update for this features to our gimbal, specially for active tracking and force motion will help us for more better creative shots.
2019-7-17
Use props
djiuser_YkJOm2WCC2aS
New

Canada

djiuser_YkJOm2WCC2aS Posted at 7-17 19:08
Question? Us Ronin S user not the new SC, are we going to receive a update for the new active tracking and forced motion to our current Ronin S? Or are we forced to buy the new SC model and new camera? Us running with a professional grade camera with heavy payload sims to find out that having a heavy payload lens push the camera far back and hits the rear motor. It will be nice if we ronin s user would receive a update for this features to our gimbal, specially for active tracking and force motion will help us for more better creative shots.

Well I guess it won’t happen not in a few months. I do understand that Ronin SC models just came out and its targeting smaller camera like M4/3 users, won’t likely effect marketing sales. But if DJi thinks that way I do understand. However for what I can say is that not to loose that sale at least add it to the software app like for a price range for a bolt on software features. Like if you want this feature you pay this $ amount . Lol “hopefully NOT” but at least market sales wouldn’t go down just saying. For 1$ or something, imagine let say Ronin s sold about 310,000 units across globe and people pay for extra $ features for the app let’s say half of the unit that’s that was sold it still 150,000$ in bank profit lol. Hahaha. Please dji would love to have that new features
2019-7-17
Use props
RAN
New
Belarus

Unfortunately, I do not hope that Ronin-S will receive this update and Active Track function. If they could do this, DJI would have released an update for Ronin-S before Roinin-SC release. I want to be wrong, but it looks like DJI is just making money on a new product. Probably support Ronin-S came to an end. Who wants Active Track function must buy a new product)))). Exactly the same situation was with shooting modes when Mavik Air relesed. They probably could have added the same shooting modes in MavikPRO, but did not do it. This is marketing.
2019-7-17
Use props
fansc34963e8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8524 ft
Italy

im very disappointed for what happen.... ill go for zhiyun crane the best gimbal ever
2019-7-17
Use props
djiuser_YkJOm2WCC2aS
New

Canada

RAN Posted at 7-17 22:06
Unfortunately, I do not hope that Ronin-S will receive this update and Active Track function. If they could do this, DJI would have released an update for Ronin-S before Roinin-SC release. I want to be wrong, but it looks like DJI is just making money on a new product. Probably support Ronin-S came to an end. Who wants Active Track function must buy a new product)))). Exactly the same situation was with shooting modes when Mavik Air relesed. They probably could have added the same shooting modes in MavikPRO, but did not do it. This is marketing.

True! that’s just a lame marketing sale strategy. I think Ronin SC will not make any much sale for this guy like the DJi spark, dues to limitations use for this gimbal payload & lens Capacity, people might end up just baying the Ronin s instead, a lot of people already have reviews in YouTube saying this payload issue and heating the rear motor. And only mirror lens camera can be use or small DSLR.

Ps. DJI take my advice lol
2019-7-18
Use props
aeroazores
lvl.1
Flight distance : 234478 ft
Portugal

RAN Posted at 7-17 22:06

RAN I make my words from yours. I'm very disappointed. I was hopping and waiting for an upgrade to Ronin-S for the active track. Now I think I choose the wrong brand of guimbal. DJI, please respect your clients and make some upgrades to the Ronin-S. It's a great product but could be better.
2019-7-18
Use props
fansc34963e8
lvl.2
Italy

To all Ronin S users there is nothing to make have active track motion features because ronin sc is bluetooth 5.0 im sure...
2019-7-18
Use props
GHT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 575574 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-21 23:03
Hi there, Active Track is not available for Ronin-S, Ronin-S can only provide the stabilization to the camera and control it but there is no image transmission via the Ronin-S APP, if there is any update in the future, we will post in the website, thanks for your support.

Why would you need image transmission?  Just use the phone’s camera with the phone mounted to the top of the cameras hot shoe like it’s done on the new SC.  DJI already do this on the Osmo Mobile for tracking.  This has more to do with getting sales on the SC rather than serving existing gimbal owners.
2019-7-18
Use props
GHT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 575574 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Force motion would be any easy addition for S owners.  Please look after your existing customer base and add these features?
2019-7-18
Use props
MaxBull
lvl.1

United States

Shame on you DJI!
Just sold my Ronin S and got zhiyun crane 3
2019-7-19
Use props
fansc5b5a19f
New

Poland

How is things going with this update? We're waiting for active tracking for Ronin S. Question is not are you gonna make it but when. It's been a half of a year since this topic started. So when ot will be implemented?
2019-7-22
Use props
Roman Horwarth
lvl.1

Cyprus

First of all, note from "DJI Mindy" at the begin of this threat states: Hi there, I have got the feedback from our engineer that we will support tracking feature via the future firmware, please note the release notes, thanks for your attention. Which indicates it at least "was" on the development pipeline for the S.

Secondly, of course they will hold this kind of update until sales start to plateau on the SC. And why wouldn't they they invested millions to build the device and software they want to make sales otherwise they will go down just like any other company.  

Thirdly, anyone who says they sold their gimbal or wont buy a DJI gimbal is talking crap, regardless of this upgrade or not the Ronin S is a ton better than any other gimbal out there. And if this feature is SOOO important to you then buy an add-on that will support it. Will still be a better option than getting another brand....

last but not least... time for a Coke Zero
2019-7-23
Use props
Shervin Koushan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196037 ft
Norway

Does the Zhiyun Weebil Lab have tracking features?
2019-7-23
Use props
fans51aaa104
New

Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-11 02:11

hi its been 7months any news that active track is coming?
2019-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans51aaa104 Posted at 7-25 11:24
hi its been 7months any news that active track is coming?

Hi there, please check the announcement by our engineers here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-194208-1-1.html Thank you.
2019-7-26
Use props
fansc34963e8
lvl.2

atlast the firmware is arrive i update my ronin s
2019-9-26
Use props
fans872221e6
lvl.1

Finally there’s a firmware and app update! Thanks DJI.
2019-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules