Osmo Pocket Gimbal Error
20662 39 2019-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeepSilent
lvl.1
Turkey

Does anyone experiencing a gimbal error ? which I have uploaded . I bought it from DJI Shanghai Store and I am living in Istanbul at the moment. Dont know how to fix it or what to do.
2019-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That’s odd have you tried gimbal calibration, if not according to your warranty you will have to ship back to Shanghai, you could also try resetting to factory settings, not sure if you can do this in dji Assistant 2, but maybe some mod around can further help you.
2019-1-11
Use props
DeepSilent
lvl.1
Turkey

I tried gimbal calibration several times as well as resetting, so far nothing helped.  
2019-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DeepSilent Posted at 1-11 07:39
I tried gimbal calibration several times as well as resetting, so far nothing helped.

Did you do a full factory reset ? If so you may need to return as a DOA.
2019-1-11
Use props
DeepSilent
lvl.1
Turkey

How do we perform a full factory reset on OP?
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello and Good day DeepSilent. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your new DJI Osmo Pocket. This is not the experience we want you to have with your new DJI Osmo Pocket and with DJI. Please refer on ther screenshot below on how to factory reset and let me know if the issue persists.

1.PNG
2019-1-11
Use props
DeepSilent
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-11 08:51
Hello and Good day DeepSilent. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your new DJI Osmo Pocket. This is not the experience we want you to have with your new DJI Osmo Pocket and with DJI. Please refer on ther screenshot below on how to factory reset and let me know if the issue persists.

Hello DJI Paladin. I performed resetting and calibrating the gimbal two times. The gimbal is getting worser and is not stable anymore. I think that I should send it back to you. Please help me with sending back.  I am really sorry to experiencing this.

2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DeepSilent Posted at 1-11 10:18
Hello DJI Paladin. I performed resetting and calibrating the gimbal two times. The gimbal is getting worser and is not stable anymore. I think that I should send it back to you. Please help me with sending back.  I am really sorry to experiencing this.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Please email our support team to start up a ticket: support@dji.com . if you need further assistance with your case, please don't hesitate to contact us. Again, I am very sorry for the unpleasant experienced.
2019-1-11
Use props
djiuser_E8jq9ItXMCd9
New

Thailand

Hi,

I just started my 6-12 month trip in Asia and the dji osmo pocket stopped working the second day

Same issue with the gimbal, it's not possible to calibrate it and also factory reset or updating the firmware does not work (turns off by 50%).

Any help? I have not really an idea what to do now.

Best, Lennert
2019-1-12
Use props
DeepSilent
lvl.1
Turkey

Dear Lennert, you just need to contact dji support for a solution. I am sure that they will help you right away.   
2019-1-13
Use props
Yani223
New
Norway

I have the same issue. Just got the osmo pocket from the post. I bought it from an enterprise dealer authorized by DJI here in norway. Had i known this problem beforehand, i wouldn’t have purchased it. I am so disappointed.
2019-1-18
Use props
Spazz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86588 ft
United States

Yani223 Posted at 1-18 14:51
I have the same issue. Just got the osmo pocket from the post. I bought it from an enterprise dealer authorized by DJI here in norway. Had i known this problem beforehand, i wouldn’t have purchased it. I am so disappointed.

I had the gimbal error....  and mine is in for repair.  Luckily I am in the Western US and they have a repair facility in CALIF. I will have it back within 10 days.  Starting a case with DJI Support was very easy and painless.
2019-1-22
Use props
phoby85
New
Singapore

Their support is unacceptable i got this error and one week since i emailed to their support i got no replies at all i am from singapore btw.

2019-1-22
Use props
Spazz
lvl.2
United States

phoby85 Posted at 1-22 16:47
Their support is unacceptable i got this error and one week since i emailed to their support i got no replies at all i am from singapore btw.

[view_image]

Phoby... get online ... go thru the steps on starting a repair request and then chat with one of their techs... this is what i did and my case was started that very same day... shipping labels received 2 days later.
2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

phoby85 Posted at 1-22 16:47
Their support is unacceptable i got this error and one week since i emailed to their support i got no replies at all i am from singapore btw.

[view_image]

Hi phoby85, sorry for the unpleasant experience with our support team, I managed to get the email via your forum account, your concern has been escalated and we will have someone to reply as soon as possible, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Spazz Posted at 1-22 19:29
Phoby... get online ... go thru the steps on starting a repair request and then chat with one of their techs... this is what i did and my case was started that very same day... shipping labels received 2 days later.

Hi Spazz, thanks for sharing, glad to know everything goes smoothly, please keep us updated with the case number if you need any assistance during this process.
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_E8jq9ItXMCd9 Posted at 1-12 00:44
Hi,

I just started my 6-12 month trip in Asia and the dji osmo pocket stopped working the second day

Hi Lennert, we apologize for what happened and the trouble caused to your trip, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for the further assistance, the device may need to be sent in for further evaluation, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Yani223 Posted at 1-18 14:51

Hi Yani223, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Pocket, please contact your dealer or our support team www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We will keep improving our product to make you have a better experience.
2019-1-23
Use props
Spazz
lvl.2
United States

Just an update for all....

My Case with Gimbal is is now closed.   Painless and Seamless process in my opinion.   Being the USA, I am fortunate to have a DJI Service Center located in Cerritos, CA.   It took exactly 10 DAYS from start to finish to close my case....

I spoke online in a chat with DJI Support, they started a case for me....  2 days later...  shipping label received...  shipped out on Friday, 18 JAN... they received it on Tuesday, 22 JAN... repaired and shipped back to me and received it yesterday.... 25 JAN.

Can't thank DJI Support enough for a smooth and painless process of taking care of me.
2019-1-26
Use props
fans3c1fbd75
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi,

I am sorry for post on this thread as they did not allow a new member to start a new one.

I also have this Error, I bought this from the official DJI store. I think I had a lemon set as I only use this for 20min upon testing some of the shots.

I am getting anxious now as this costs $500.
2019-2-23
Use props
ZH Tang
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI Support team,

PLEASE REPLY MY EMAIL TICKET #1983812!

I just received my Osmo Pocket on the 14 Feb from the official DJI online store. I use it for 20 MINUTES and I got an Error of "gimbal protected, tap to resume" message. I tried reset, connect it to my phone and the problem persisted. I have been contacting for support via email on 16 Feb for a replacement. I got a reply on the 19th, ask for my informations and a video to show them the problem. I sent them the requested info (serial, address and video). After that, you guys just went QUIET. It have been 4 days and I updates, no reply... The exchange program is only valid for 15 days. and i am thinking are you purposely prolong the period until 15 days is up and tell me exchange is no longer valid!?

I have all the videos on youtube, reddit post for prove it!

please get back to me ASAP!!!!
2019-2-23
Use props
ZH Tang
lvl.1

Singapore

Just an Update, I finally got a reply from the support team regarding the replacement. Thanks.
2019-2-23
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

It hapenned to me when I tried to remove an ND filter without powering off the OP. Only hapenned once since I learned my lesson
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

El Diabolico Posted at 2-25 07:40
It hapenned to me when I tried to remove an ND filter without powering off the OP. Only hapenned once since I learned my lesson

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience here. If you need to attach the accessory to the gimbal of the Osmo Pocket, we would recommend turning off the unit as the force that we may apply can cause obstruction to the gimbal of the Osmo Pocket. Please let us know if you need our assistance. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-25
Use props
Maximinus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 359665 ft
Portugal

My Osmo Pocket have finished( gimbal error) before a small accident. Can be repaired or I need to by a new one or forget them?
2019-4-25
Use props
Maximinus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 359665 ft
Portugal

My Osmo Pocket have finished( gimbal error) before a small accident. Can be repaired or I need to by a new one or forget them?
2019-4-25
Use props
Adam “dOMiAND-” Ostrozlik
New

Netherlands

Hey guys, I have a slightly different issue but almost the same. I was using mine for a month without any issues but today suddenly I took it out from the case and I saw that gimbal is not doing that regular startup calibration, right from the startup I am getting 'Gimbal protected, tap to resume'. Tapping is not working at all, I've tried reset, re-calibration, nothing works. On touch it looks like there should be nothing wrong with the gimbal. I'm from Slovakia and tomorrow I am taking it to my local electro store where I bought it to apply my warranty. I was just wondering what the hell could happen to the gimbal? I am also afraid they will reject my warranty and will blame me as the responsible person for this issue.
2019-5-9
Use props
TriniYeah
New
United States

SO I AM NO MEANS SURE THIS FIXED IT. BUT AFTER DROPPING IT AND TRYING COMBINATIONS WITHIN THE APP TO ATTEMPT TO RE-CALIBRATE, I GOT FED UP! MY GIRLFRIEND WAS TRYING EVERYTHING ALSO BECAUSE SHE KNEW I LOVED THIS GIMBAL SO MUCH. I THEN TOOK THE GIMBAL OUT OF HER PHONE AND (WHILE OFF) BECAUSE SHAKING IT BACK- AND- FORTH IN SUCH A RHYTHM IT MADE A SYNCOPATED CLICKING SOUND. MY THEORY WAS MAYBE MOTORS WERE OFF TRACK AND SHAKING THEM INTO PLACE WOULD FIX IT! BOOOM! LIKE MAGIC I TURNED IT ON AND NO MORE GIMBAL PROTECTED SCREEN. I AM GOING TO TAKE MORE CARE OF THIS THING AND PURCHASE A COVER CASE FROM A THIRD PARTY SUPPLIER THIS WEEKEND. TRY THE SHAKING THING ( IN LIKE A MARACA, OR WHIPPING MOTION)
2019-5-23
Use props
Vegasdad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3471283 ft
United States

I got a  case number and an email does the ra come in the mail or am i missing something its been almost a week.
2019-5-26
Use props
Max B
lvl.1

Thailand

I am in a remote area of Thailand trying to raise money for a school. This isn't helping. I am a volunteer and not even paid to be here so you can imagine how disheartening it is to spend over 500 dollars in equipment and accessories to have this suddenly quit working. I have tried resetting the camera, calibrating, everything I have read on this forum so far. I cant afford to throw money like this and I am losing time to raise money for the school.
2019-7-17
Use props
Max B
lvl.1

Thailand

Max B Posted at 7-17 19:55
I am in a remote area of Thailand trying to raise money for a school. This isn't helping. I am a volunteer and not even paid to be here so you can imagine how disheartening it is to spend over 500 dollars in equipment and accessories to have this suddenly quit working. I have tried resetting the camera, calibrating, everything I have read on this forum so far. I cant afford to throw money like this and I am losing time to raise money for the school.

2019-7-17
Use props
Max B
lvl.1

Thailand

TriniYeah Posted at 5-23 11:28
SO I AM NO MEANS SURE THIS FIXED IT. BUT AFTER DROPPING IT AND TRYING COMBINATIONS WITHIN THE APP TO ATTEMPT TO RE-CALIBRATE, I GOT FED UP! MY GIRLFRIEND WAS TRYING EVERYTHING ALSO BECAUSE SHE KNEW I LOVED THIS GIMBAL SO MUCH. I THEN TOOK THE GIMBAL OUT OF HER PHONE AND (WHILE OFF) BECAUSE SHAKING IT BACK- AND- FORTH IN SUCH A RHYTHM IT MADE A SYNCOPATED CLICKING SOUND. MY THEORY WAS MAYBE MOTORS WERE OFF TRACK AND SHAKING THEM INTO PLACE WOULD FIX IT! BOOOM! LIKE MAGIC I TURNED IT ON AND NO MORE GIMBAL PROTECTED SCREEN. I AM GOING TO TAKE MORE CARE OF THIS THING AND PURCHASE A COVER CASE FROM A THIRD PARTY SUPPLIER THIS WEEKEND. TRY THE SHAKING THING ( IN LIKE A MARACA, OR WHIPPING MOTION)

I just want to say . . I love you. I read this and i thought for sure this would just do more damage but i had nothing to lose since i am in rural eastern Thailand. I shook the heck out of this thing. I mean i whipped it pretty good and like magic it worked! I am volunteering at a school and it was a heartbreaker when it quit working because i will be posting their videos to youtube.  Thank you again. I just hope all the squeezing and manual manipulation i tried before hand didnt mess it up.
2019-7-17
Use props
Max B
lvl.1

Thailand

Never mind. It only worked 3 times and now it's just as bad as before.
I'll be vlogging about this wonderful product soon on my channel with my trusty 3 year old Samsung smartphone.
2019-7-20
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Let me get this straight. You headed off to a remote area, planning to do "promotional" videos, and the lack of the Osmo Pocket crushed that project?
BTW, did the school secure you a work permit?

2019-7-20
Use props
Franklin Rauhofer
New

United States

So  I had the problem with the gimbal not centering itself. I took a chance and cleaned it, lo and behold it works wonderfully. Go get yourself a can of electric contact cleaner or if you have a can of air you use to clean your computer keyboard, hold the gimbal so it doesn't flop around clean in the cracks where the motor supposed to be turning see if this helps. Because it helped with mine.
2019-7-29
Use props
TomC3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21283 ft

I was fortunate enough to be in Southern California when the same thing happened to my OP. Took my chance and sent it to their Cerritos facility. After a couple of days assessment, I was informed that it will be replaced but I need to shell out $100. It was damn if you do, damn if you don't so I made the payment via ..... One day after, I got an email that my OP was on its way back to me. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the unit, because it was a brand new one. So all in all, this took less than a week. Good luck to everyone with the same issue. Hope DJI fixes this.
2019-9-12
Use props
Cheeweilum
lvl.1

Hi.

I was using my OSMO Pocket for 2-3 months now but recently, d gimbal vibrates with filters when d filter hooks on. Tried calibration and it is still d same. It also vibrates occasionally wihout the filters. I m using this Sunnylife filters. Is there any solution?

Thanks
2019-9-23
Use props
djiuser_kXnb5ozxuYPH
lvl.1

Italy

DeepSilent Posted at 1-11 07:48
How do we perform a full factory reset on OP?

Hi there my DJI osmo says “GIMBAL PROTECTED tap to Resume” when I turn it on and makes a strange ticking sound. When I plug it into my phone through the app it doesn’t connect properly and says gimbal error. I have used it the past few days with none of these issues please help me if you can
2019-12-28
Use props
bmw2000csi
New
South Africa

TriniYeah Posted at 2019-5-23 11:28
SO I AM NO MEANS SURE THIS FIXED IT. BUT AFTER DROPPING IT AND TRYING COMBINATIONS WITHIN THE APP TO ATTEMPT TO RE-CALIBRATE, I GOT FED UP! MY GIRLFRIEND WAS TRYING EVERYTHING ALSO BECAUSE SHE KNEW I LOVED THIS GIMBAL SO MUCH. I THEN TOOK THE GIMBAL OUT OF HER PHONE AND (WHILE OFF) BECAUSE SHAKING IT BACK- AND- FORTH IN SUCH A RHYTHM IT MADE A SYNCOPATED CLICKING SOUND. MY THEORY WAS MAYBE MOTORS WERE OFF TRACK AND SHAKING THEM INTO PLACE WOULD FIX IT! BOOOM! LIKE MAGIC I TURNED IT ON AND NO MORE GIMBAL PROTECTED SCREEN. I AM GOING TO TAKE MORE CARE OF THIS THING AND PURCHASE A COVER CASE FROM A THIRD PARTY SUPPLIER THIS WEEKEND. TRY THE SHAKING THING ( IN LIKE A MARACA, OR WHIPPING MOTION)

Thank you so much for your suggestion, TriniYeah. My Osmo got knocked off a table outside it’s case at Heathrow Airport on the way to a family holiday in South Africa. I was devastated when the gimbal error appeared. Your suggestion appears to have fixed it!!!! We are so relieved that we can capture the memories fully.  Many thanks, once again.
2020-2-10
Use props
AMokDuke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188730 ft
Singapore

bmw2000csi Posted at 2-10 09:26
Thank you so much for your suggestion, TriniYeah. My Osmo got knocked off a table outside it’s case at Heathrow Airport on the way to a family holiday in South Africa. I was devastated when the gimbal error appeared. Your suggestion appears to have fixed it!!!! We are so relieved that we can capture the memories fully.  Many thanks, once again.

Hi,

I have the same issue too. tried all sorts of methods. Contacted DJI support and informed me to send it in but told me to pay for my own shipping and do my own custom clearance...

May I know if you have video of some sorts to show how do you shake it?

Cheers~
Dylan
2020-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules