Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket Screen Wont Turn On!
23573 30 2019-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_eT2LHK2KPEqr
lvl.1

United States

I been having issues where the screen wont turn on at all with nothing attached etc.   From powered off to powered on the screen wont turn on. I have to play with it for hours then all off a sudden the screen will work again. Its almost like it thinks its hooked up to my phone so the display turns off.

I also updated to the latest firmware last night and same issues.... Any suggestions?
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. If it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video of the issue for further check. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your support.
2019-1-11
Use props
djiuser_eT2LHK2KPEqr
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-11 08:49
Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. If it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video of the issue for further check. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your support.

Here you go! https://www.dropbox.com/s/lf76qrik0ydz6zz/IMG_9245.MOV?dl=0
2019-1-11
Use props
andyboyduk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 903576 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had just the same issue in London yesterday, following several successful shots without a mobile device attached.  I turned OP on and off several times. Each time the gimbal startup motions were as normal but blank screen. In the end I pressed both buttons together to start-up. The screen came back to life. If it shows the same fault in future I I will try connecting my mobile phone to see what happens.
2019-3-16
Use props
JohnnieClark
New

United States

I am having this same issue as of today. Has there been a fix for this?
2019-3-16
Use props
Syaz217
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136040 ft
Brunei

I'm having the same issue, the screen lights up but the logo won't show and the display remains black. It requires a few restarts to finally have the display show the normal screen.
2019-4-14
Use props
robomaniac
lvl.2
Canada

remove the SD card and try again.
2019-4-14
Use props
robomaniac
lvl.2
Canada

to be more precise, try to power ON osmo WITHOUT the SD card.

I had some weird issue where the camera would power ON then OFF and cycle like that until I stop it. It was a problem with corrupt SD card. Corrupted for the osmo but all other camera (gopro) had no problem. Files on SD cards where good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALpIMB2k4jc
2019-4-14
Use props
robomaniac
lvl.2
Canada

and could you please try plug into your phone.
2019-4-14
Use props
Syaz217
lvl.1
Brunei

Tried it with and without the sd card, the built-in display won't turn on. Using the wireless module and plugging it to the phone works fine. Its updated to the latest firmware so I'm not sure what to do anymore.
2019-4-14
Use props
Syaz217
lvl.1
Brunei

Anyone?  This has been happening quite often now.
2019-4-17
Use props
vanzyl
lvl.3
South Africa

I posted on 4-21 in new thread about the same issue - lots of views but absolutely no reply.  Seems this is a general issue with OP.  Gimbal does start routine but screen stays blank - tried to get another OP in UK but none of the Argos stores had any stock so I had to make do with a osmo mobile2, which worked OK for the job.  Now  I need to get the OP fixed - only 4 months old!!  I did try to plug into phone but does not connect to Mimo app.  it is as if there is no comms at all.
2019-5-17
Use props
mobiteddy
New
Israel

DJI, sometimes screen flashes or glitches, sometimes black, sometimes partial, sometimes works.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TC4RbDErluQ_qACCRgfv2EASCy_VEpc2

2019-6-30
Use props
mobiteddy
New
Israel

mobiteddy Posted at 6-30 03:41
DJI, sometimes screen flashes or glitches, sometimes black, sometimes partial, sometimes works.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TC4RbDErluQ_qACCRgfv2EASCy_VEpc2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwRLaChVTco
2019-6-30
Use props
mobiteddy
New
Israel

mobiteddy Posted at 6-30 06:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwRLaChVTco

So everyone knows, DJI seems good at responding thru facebook messenger, and I'm told that their tech people will be looking at the video I posted above.  I didn't know google drive would be such a hassle with viewing permissions, so the yt link seems to work fine, for anyone here who is wondering what's going on with the screen.
2019-6-30
Use props
fansa965d10e
lvl.1
United States

Syaz217 Posted at 4-17 03:59
Anyone?  This has been happening quite often now.

Did you get this sorted ?
2019-7-23
Use props
Jeff.tang.jf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74928 ft
Switzerland

Anyone solved this yet? I'm having same issue
2019-8-8
Use props
xobin
New

Mexico

Same issue. Sometimes it would resume after turning on and off a few times. However, as of this moment, it won't work anymore; I get a black lit-up screen. (doesn't charge battery, green indicator light doesn't work, camera functions don't work besides the power button)
2019-8-27
Use props
johannessutedja\
lvl.2
Indonesia

I also experienced the same problem, can you give me input
2019-10-22
Use props
bartourist
New

Switzerland

[url]Ok, guys, I`m getting quite ANGRY right now. I`ve just got my DJI Osmo Pocket today. I`ve not managed to capture even one sequence. I`ve installed the latest update and this problem with the black screen occurs and the camera doesn`t work AT ALL!  Not to mention, I`ve also recently bought the DJI Osmo Action... it was supposed to be water-resistant to 11m without the waterproof case, it wasn`t. First attempt to jump into the water with it (5ft deep!), aaaand it doesn`t work anymore. I mean COME ON guys!  Two out of two, your products have failed so hard so far! And it`s not just me! I read all these comments in FAQ and I just get more mad! What`s wrong with You?!?!  I`m spending now time on my day off to write this complaint, then I`ll have to go to the store and return ANOTHER of your devices and wait for the extra 3 weeks for the response and MAYBE I`ll get my money back !! This is NOT the quality that I expected when I decided to buy your products ! ! I can send You the link to the video I`ve recorded so You can see the great performance of your DJI Osmo Pocket.
2019-12-3
Use props
Kelvintat
New

Iceland

xobin Posted at 2019-8-27 22:36
Same issue. Sometimes it would resume after turning on and off a few times. However, as of this moment, it won't work anymore; I get a black lit-up screen. (doesn't charge battery, green indicator light doesn't work, camera functions don't work besides the power button)

hi there, I'm facing the same issue just about few days ago... now i can't even turn on my osmo pocket...
do you how know to fix it? or you just send back for an exchange?
2020-2-2
Use props
djiuser_jqyVRqOn8Fwn
New

New Zealand

My first osmo pocket overheated in the water proof case. I could hardly hold it, it  was so hot. I have just received the replacement under warrenty and this one dosnt work either. The gimble starts but no screen and no power on led. So looks like another $40,00 to return this one. I wonder if the third one will work or if I have to send that one back too. NOT HAPPY.
2020-2-22
Use props
LTrain
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91919 ft
  • >>>
United States

My DJI Osmo pocket does the same thing. I called customer service a few months ago and they said it was the memory card. But that doesn't seem to be the case now. And I'm seeing lots of people with the same problem. Is this in inherent design flaw?
2020-5-2
Use props
Shang Alf
New

Vietnam

this piece of junk work randomly black screen also ...  hey DJI are you trying your overpriced product before selling them .. ?
2020-5-23
Use props
cafeinbed
New
Flight distance : 1814918 ft
United States

same problem, did you get it fixed?
2020-9-13
Use props
cafeinbed
New
Flight distance : 1814918 ft
United States

same problem, did you get it fixed
2020-9-13
Use props
djiuser_SyP5PrQqlPqv
New

Kenya

Syaz217 Posted at 2019-4-14 05:47
I'm having the same issue, the screen lights up but the logo won't show and the display remains black. It requires a few restarts to finally have the display show the normal screen.

Hey...did you ever get to solve this problem? I just got mine and it's been powering on quite well with the display coming up well then all of a sudden it powers on but the display with the logo don't show.Just a dark screen.
2020-11-30
Use props
djiuser_ODHQzLFxTN0Y
New

United States

robomaniac Posted at 2019-4-14 13:30
remove the SD card and try again.

Thanks, tried that several times without success.
2020-12-27
Use props
James Rosca
New

Philippines

Weird I just remove the sd card and tried to charge the dji pocket now don’t know if it charging and I can’t turn on just experiencing red blinking light when I try to turn it on. Won’t turn on as well. I just charge last Saturday and used it yesterday
2021-4-5
Use props
Saveitforparts
New

United States

I just got a new old stock Osmo Pocket and am experiencing the same issue, nothing on the screen at the back. This is AFTER I replaced the dead battery (massive pain thanks to the horrific design), disabled Android security to install the outdated Mimo app (which isn't on Google Play), upgraded the firmware, and tried different memory cards. From the lack of meaningful reply by DJI in this thread, it sounds like a common problem and they've abandoned this product completely. I assume they're hoping everyone throws them out and buys whatever the new version is.

I bought the Osmo Pocket on a whim and am glad I didn't pay much for it. I can't think of a worse "feature" for an "action" camera than the dangling-off-your-phone USB nonsense. The app itself is laggy even on a modern phone. The microphones placed in the handle with advice to "not block them" is idiotic. Nothing about this product seems to have been thought through beyond "lets stick a drone head on a handle".

I have one of their drones and it's fantastic. I think they should have stuck to drones instead of this failed experiment.
2021-12-18
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

"From the lack of meaningful reply by DJI in this thread, it sounds like a common problem"

It's quite common to those who post this problem on this thread. However, there are thousands that haven't had this issue.

I think you might be better off sticking to drones ...
2021-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules