Prop will not release
1452 14 2019-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
takeitin3
lvl.1
United States

One prop will not fully push down and release on a phantom 4 pro.  Thoughts?  
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi takeitin3, we are sorry to hear that you cannot remove the propeller on your Phantom 4 Pro. Please check if the color of the propeller matches the ones on the motors (indicated by silver and black rings as shown below). May i know what happen prior to the issue? Kindly push it in a downward motion and twisting in the direction of the arrows.

1.PNG
2019-1-11
Use props
takeitin3
lvl.1
United States

The blade that doesn't release won't push down all the way.  Here are images of the abnormal vs. the normal amount of push I am experiencing.  The black prop is pushing normally.  The silver is not and cannot be removed.

2019-1-11
Use props
takeitin3
lvl.1
United States

The color of the prop matched the rotor it was seated on.  Thanks.
2019-1-11
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Try pressing down on it a few times, before turning.  You can force it a little, but don't get too  rough with it.
2019-1-11
Use props
takeitin3
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 1-11 13:01
Try pressing down on it a few times, before turning.  You can force it a little, but don't get too  rough with it.

Yeah, tried as many different ways to press as I could think of.  Thinking the blade may need to be excised by cutting off the cap
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

takeitin3 Posted at 1-11 11:11
The color of the prop matched the rotor it was seated on.  Thanks.

Sorry for the difficulties, The best option that we can do is to contact our support team to start up a ticket:  https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav If you need further assistance with your case, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for your support.

1.PNG
2019-1-11
Use props
takeitin3
lvl.1
United States

Popped the top dome off the propeller blade off and found one of the hex screws had started loosening.  This precluded the prop from being able to push down and release.  All fixed.  Less one silver prop.  (Started doing surgery on it prior to seeing the raised screw) Pix below.

2019-1-11
Use props
takeitin3
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-11 13:20
Sorry for the difficulties, The best option that we can do is to contact our support team to start up a ticket:  https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav If you need further assistance with your case, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for your support.

Fixed it.  Please see image and note below.  Thank you.
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

takeitin3 Posted at 1-11 13:43
Fixed it.  Please see image and note below.  Thank you.

I'm glad that you were able to resolved the issue and you don't need to send it in anymore for repair. Just make sure that there is no debris left on the motors before using it again to avoid any issues. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. Enjoy and always have a safe flight!
2019-1-11
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for the post!!  Not something I've thought about.

But all 4 motors/props will be checked in the am.  I do check to be sure all are properly mounted, but due to having the "Props On " case ,   I don't take them off.

That changes tomorrow!

Randy

2019-1-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hindsight and all that but all screws, not just prop mounting, should be checked periodically

Randy, this will mean removing ya props ;)
2019-1-11
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-11 19:53
Hindsight and all that but all screws, not just prop mounting, should be checked periodically

BUUHHHZINGA

Randy
2019-1-12
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-11 19:53

Hey Bashy,  you made me laugh!

For you.....  https://photos.app.goo.gl/tKP24hDaSLxQubcT6
Here is a Pano......stitched pretty badly over the Ocean.....but you get the lay of the land.  Children's Pool,  La Jolla, Ca ( San Diego )  Works on computer and IOS,  not Android.

https://viewer.hangar.com/360?productId=1rAk287Y

Randy
2019-1-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nice
2019-1-12
Use props