Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GPS data to external transmitter
2261 4 2019-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HeloMan64
lvl.1

United States

I have a M600 Pro and I have a sensor attached to it to detect methane gas. I have a transmitter attached to send out the sensor data to a reciever and a laptop. I also need to to grab the GPS data from the M600 and send it to a transmitter so that it can send it to another receiver and the same laptop so that the software on the laptop can marry these two data streams. How can I "pick off" the GPS data and wire it to a transmitter??
2019-1-11
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

Hi HeloMan64,

I have no experience on this specific topic, but I am almost sure you cannot download a GPS data stream from the M600P (i.e. through NMEA messages) during the flight in the default configuration. Nevertheless there is a chance of doing it writing some code using  the DJI SDK.

After landing  you can dowload the flight log data (.DAT files) stored into the A3 flight controller using the DJI Assistant 2 software and read them with the DatCon/CsvView softwares ( https://datfile.net/ ).

Cheers, Maurizio

2019-1-21
Use props
HeloMan64
lvl.1

United States

mbuonanno Posted at 1-21 02:53
Hi HeloMan64,

I have no experience on this specific topic, but I am almost sure you cannot download a GPS data stream from the M600P (i.e. through NMEA messages) during the flight in the default configuration. Nevertheless there is a chance of doing it writing some code using  the DJI SDK.

Thank you for the response Maurizio. Unfortunately, the GPS data has to be captured simultaneously with the data from my methane detection equipment and transmitted to my laptop so that the combined data can be used to create a map with the methane data points overlaying the GPS.
Also, DJI has confirmed that GPS data can be obtained from the CAN1 bus on the A3 controller.
I just do not know how to tap into that data and take it to a transmitter.
2019-1-23
Use props
HeloMan64
lvl.1

United States

Also, I am trying to use these Freewave radios. Model FGRIO-M and FGR2-IOS-C-U
2019-1-25
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Hi HeloMan64,

did you find a way to obtain GPS data from the CAN1 bus on the A3 controller ?

Cheers, Maurizio
2019-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules