Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Power off position - issue with the firmware 01.03.00.20?
1563 17 2019-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JetBeh
lvl.4

Canada

hi, guys

I got my new osmo pocket yesterday, then I updated it with the latest firmware 01.03.00.20. But after that I found the camera couldn't reach the "store mode" position it is supposed to be when I turned off the gimbal. Before I updated it, if I turned off the gimbal, the camera should be perpendicular, so I can put it into the protective case directly. But now the camera is a little bit oblique and I should adjust it manually before I put it into the protective case.

I tried to calibrate or reset the gimbal, but no help~

anyone has the similar issues?

poweroff.gif

2019-1-11
Use props
LionelB
lvl.3

United Kingdom

If you haven’t done so already recalibrate the Gimbal. Also I Believe  you can move the gimbal manually so if you still need to after recalibration our could do the final reposition.
2019-1-11
Use props
djiivan
lvl.1
Hong Kong

yes, same situation here
2019-1-11
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 97402 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No Probs ... my gimbal settles to store mode ... did recalibrating help you
2019-1-12
Use props
Poojap
lvl.3
United States

I'm experiencing the same thing. Before the update, it came to rest perfectly vertical. Now, after the update, it is at this limp odd angle exactly like yours.

I've calibrated several times and several different flat surfaces and it has not fixed the issue.
2019-1-13
Use props
Master.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Maybe calibrate your gimbal?
2019-1-13
Use props
JetBeh
lvl.4

Germany

cgbrian.com Posted at 1-13 15:13
I noticed the speed that it goes into "store mode" was slowed down.. My guess is the same section of code that included extending the time limit from 5-8 seconds also slowed it down by the same ratio. Mine goes into the proper position and then after the 8 seconds it sags a little.. maybe not quite as bad as yours.. are you saying yours is like that immediately or after the 8 seconds hold... as in the product literally uses power to hold itself in the storage position for 8 seconds after shut off... is yours not?

hi, cgbrain
Thanks a lot for your reply. The gimbal goes into this position immediately when I turn off it, and hold for about 8 second. I think the gimbal trying to do the "right thing", but can't reach the "right position" in the first place.
2019-1-13
Use props
fans6a2a2e99
New

Canada

Hey don’t know if this is the right place for this comment as I am being told that I am not authorize to post a new thread ( sorry, might be a rookie move)
Just got my Osmo 2 and when I turn it on ( full battery) nothing happens. No movement, no sound of motor.
Is that normal?
I balanced my phone, downloaded the app, connected the Bluetooth but the Osmo itself doesn’t do anything.
Please help!
2019-1-13
Use props
JetBeh
lvl.4

Germany

Poojap Posted at 1-13 15:54
I'm experiencing the same thing. Before the update, it came to rest perfectly vertical. Now, after the update, it is at this limp odd angle exactly like yours.

I've calibrated several times and several different flat surfaces and it has not fixed the issue.

Poojap
I also tried to calibrate and reset the gimbal several times, and held it in different positions when I turnd it off. but not help!
I contacted with the DJI support yesterday, and sent them a email to report  this problem. I'll let you know iI get any  reply or solutions.
2019-1-13
Use props
lummox
lvl.4
United States

I think what we’re seeing is some magnetic cogging in the motor once control power is removed. It’s not a problem.
2019-1-13
Use props
Poojap
lvl.3
United States

Yes, it is slightly off. exactly like in JetBeh's gif image. Mine stops at that same angle now.
2019-1-13
Use props
JetBeh
lvl.4

United States

hi guys, DJI support can't  determine the cause of the problem at this time. They suggested that I send back my Osmo Pocket. They'll try to figure out what's going on...
Meanwhile, if you are experiencing the same thing, you can provide some pictures or videos.
Thank you guys!
2019-1-14
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

Yes, I've noticed the same behavior since the latest firmware update. It kinda varies though, sometimes it'll almost rotate all the way, sometimes it'll be in the position shown in the gif. The only other thing I've done since the latest firmware update is trying out some ND filters, but they are so lite that they shouldn't affect the gimbal performance.
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, sorry for the inconvenience caused, we have been aware of this issue and will get it optimized in the next firmware, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JetBeh Posted at 1-14 22:15
hi guys, DJI support can't  determine the cause of the problem at this time. They suggested that I send back my Osmo Pocket. They'll try to figure out what's going on...
Meanwhile, if you are experiencing the same thing, you can provide some pictures or videos.
Thank you guys!

Hi JetBeh, no need to send in, we will get it addressed via the firmware, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-1-15
Use props
JetBeh
lvl.4

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-15 05:24
Hi JetBeh, no need to send in, we will get it addressed via the firmware, please wait patiently, thank you.

DJI Mindy,
Thank you for your reply. so it's just an issue caused by the new firmware and will be fixed in the next firmware, right? (I've been using the gimbal just for a couple of days. I‘m worring about this cuz if it's a mechanical issue,  I should exchange the product in 14 days)
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JetBeh Posted at 1-15 17:13
DJI Mindy,
Thank you for your reply. so it's just an issue caused by the new firmware and will be fixed in the next firmware, right? (I've been using the gimbal just for a couple of days. I‘m worring about this cuz if it's a mechanical issue,  I should exchange the product in 14 days)

Yes, it is firmware related and we will get it addressed as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.
2019-1-16
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im still on firmware 01.02.00.20.
I think I'll wait for a fix before I update!
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules