7813 47 2019-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
absvlsu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7388 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I just recevied my Expansion Kit, but my wireless module is not working at all. Although Pocket screen will show wireless module connected, it’s not showing any light, and I cannot connected to it. I tried to reset module and pocket multiple times, still no light. What should I do? Or maybe it’s a bad one?
7F07B3D5-8B6D-4412-AD75-905A3B67B4DD.jpeg
2019-1-11
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft

It should have a red light on the bottom as soon as you turn it on so sorry to say it looks like its DOA
2019-1-11
Use props
absvlsu
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The Rev Posted at 1-11 20:55
It should have a red light on the bottom as soon as you turn it on so sorry to say it looks like its DOA

I can see it in menu>Accessories>Wireless Module, but it just not working
2019-1-11
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer

As soon as I connect mine the red light comes on and it turns green once the Phone is connected. Make sure there is nothing in your bottom port such as fluff and that its firmly connected but other than that I’m sorry to say it will have to be returned
2019-1-11
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

As soon as I put my osmo pocket on the module the red light came on. I hope you get yours to work, because it is a very nice feature.
2019-1-11
Use props
Marcel_V
lvl.1
Netherlands

Think I read somewhere you need to have the phone connector removed for it to work, can you try?
2019-1-12
Use props
j.r.r.
lvl.4
Canada

If smart phone adapter is installed you will see message on OP display which says to remove it. The adapter can be remove or just installed so the connector part is facing right as shown below:
2019-1-12
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The light should come on what ever way the adapter is
2019-1-12
Use props
absvlsu
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Marcel_V Posted at 1-12 03:51
Think I read somewhere you need to have the phone connector removed for it to work, can you try?

I tried, nothing happened. I feel bad that I have to wait till Monday to get them exchange this bad unit for me.
image.jpg
2019-1-12
Use props
Peter Fickling
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mine is not working either.

The Osmo P. Recognizes the wireless module and the module lights up.

The mimo app recognizes the module and occasionally triggers the accept request on the Osmo.

It never gets beyond that point and the wireless connection doesn't work either despite the phone showing a connection.

It's annoying.
2019-1-12
Use props
twozh
New
Hong Kong

Peter Fickling Posted at 1-12 07:28

Check your phone's wifi setting, make sure your phone's wifi is connecting OsmoPocket's hotspot.
If your phone cann't find OsmoPocket's hotspot, make sure your phone's wifi supporting 5GHz or change OP's band setting to 2.4G
2019-1-12
Use props
Peter Fickling
lvl.1

United Kingdom

twozh Posted at 1-12 07:36
Check your phone's wifi setting, make sure your phone's wifi is connecting OsmoPocket's hotspot.
If your phone cann't find OsmoPocket's hotspot, make sure your phone's wifi supporting 5GHz or change OP's band setting to 2.4G

Thanks . My phone supports both frequencies and I did select 2.4.

I got a connection and tried the Mimo app. again and no luck.

Also the Osmo keeps defaulting to 5.8 mghz

Given that the phone and Osmo are both dual frequency it is frustrating.

2019-1-12
Use props
b6gug1JrnFob
lvl.1
United States

My Osmo doesn't charge through the wireless module
2019-1-12
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Germany

b6gug1JrnFob Posted at 1-12 09:42
My Osmo doesn't charge through the wireless module

It should charge but I have been unable to connect to a PC through it and dont know if that is correct
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. Did you manage to reach out our team regarding this situation? We will forward this concern with our team for further help. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you.
2019-1-13
Use props
Mark Simlo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I just took delivery of the expansion pack. Wireless adapter works to my girlfriends iPhone X and my iPad but refuses to work with my Samsung galaxy note 9. Is my phone incompatible (which as a market leading device I find really hard to believe)??

I've tried resetting the network settings on the phone and clearing the cache, deleting and reinstalling the Mimo app. All with no joy.

Many thanks.

Mark
2019-1-13
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

Mark Simlo Posted at 1-13 12:40
I just took delivery of the expansion pack. Wireless adapter works to my girlfriends iPhone X and my iPad but refuses to work with my Samsung galaxy note 9. Is my phone incompatible (which as a market leading device I find really hard to believe)??

I've tried resetting the network settings on the phone and clearing the cache, deleting and reinstalling the Mimo app. All with no joy.

I'm having the same problem as Mark.
Please note that my phone is not listed as supported (it's a HTC U12+)

Problem is that the phone does not see the OP's wifi access point.. Nothing on 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz.
Other (none supported) phones I tested it with do see the OP on the 5 Ghz band and work fine with it.

My phone (the HTC U12+) does connect fine to other 2.4 and 5 Ghz access points!
Only real different is that the phone in question is rooted, but I do not think that this is causing the wifi problem.
I'm going to do some more testing here and see if I can fix it.
2019-1-14
Use props
Artista1981
lvl.2

Ireland

Peter Fickling Posted at 1-12 07:27

I have issues with the wireless module and Android phones. I figured out how to make it works. You have to go to the wireless module settings in your op, change the WiFi settings from 5,8 to 2,4mgz, then you should be able to connect via WiFi but not bt
2019-1-14
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

That worked. Thank you!
2019-1-14
Use props
Peter Fickling
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Artista1981 Posted at 1-14 04:52
I have issues with the wireless module and Android phones. I figured out how to make it works. You have to go to the wireless module settings in your op, change the WiFi settings from 5,8 to 2,4mgz, then you should be able to connect via WiFi but not bt

I got it to connect by WiFi but the Osmo P doesn't show in the Mimo app
2019-1-14
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

cgbrian.com Posted at 1-13 15:33
and here we go again.. we are the beta testers..

Not helpful.  If you have suggestions, share them.  Do you have the product that the OP is asking about for help?
2019-1-14
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think that falls into the "oh crap" category.  If you haven't already, scroll to the bottom of this forum page, click on "Support" then "Product Support" and the Osmo Pocket within.  You'll see an "online support" option which will start a Chat session.  Include a link to this thread in your reply as it has your photo and photos of other units that work.  You'll get a Case# and most likely a replacement if they can't help.  Let us know how things progress.
https://www.dji.com/support/product           [ After you get here, scroll to the bottom of the page to see the "online" link ]
2019-1-14
Use props
willybob
lvl.1

France

Same issue here on OnePlus 6 (OxygenOS 9.3) :

Red light is on on module, module is detected by Osmo Pocket

Bluetooth connection : no way
Module is detected but never connects.

WiFi connection : now way
Can connect the phone to the module through WiFi 2.45 GHZ but DJI Mimo does not see the module at all and does not activate video feed...
2019-1-14
Use props
willybob
lvl.1

France

Contacted support, mentionned BT/WiFi connection issue to Android device, straight answer is DOA, return, exchange, no further informations given.
2019-1-14
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

For me it was like this.

Turned on OP and plugged it into the wifi module. Red light on wifi came on.
I turned the bluetooth from phone on (wifi was already on) and started the MIMO app.
Mimo app found the OP bluetooth. I clicked connect in the MIMO app. After this nothing happened.
I did a wifi scan with the phone and it did not find the OP. Not on 2.4 and/or 5 GHz wifi. My laptop and other phones DID see the OP's wifi.

After Artista1981 tip I changed the WiFi setting (only selectable when WiFI module is attached to OP) from 5 GHz to 2.4 GHz (swipe down / tap / swipe left / select Accessories / select Wireless module)
Now the phone did find the OP's wifi and is working great with it.

No lag at all. I'm happy with it.
I even made a little script for Tasker (an automate app for Android) to start MIMO when connected to the OP by Wifi

Note: The dongle needs to be facing to the right OR it needs to be removed to make the Wifi work!

2019-1-14
Use props
willybob
lvl.1

France

Ok, did not take what the support guy said for an answer,

tested the Wireless Module on some iPhone 6s and it works perfectly in BT mode with no issue....

It then means that at least OnePlus6 and maybe some more Android devices are just not working with this wireless module.

It's for now a very expensive  useless stand for Osmo Pocket...
2019-1-14
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

Did you try it when the OP is set to use 2.4 GHz wifi?
2019-1-14
Use props
Theibault
New
United States

My issue happens on a Pixel 2 XL. Everything works fine till I hit connect. Then the app sits on the Found Device screen. Yes I've tried 2.4 and 5ghz. Yes I get the accept message on the OP. Any help?
2019-1-14
Use props
fans6984d62d
lvl.1
United States

I've tried everything and can't get it to work. Followed the DJI Support video on YouTube. My Osmo Pocket recognizes the module. I tap "Connect" on the app, then "Accept" on the Pocket, but the app never gives the confirmation dialog that it is connected. Instead it shows my device with the same blue "Connect" button I started with, and that's not even tappable anymore. The app never connects and never proceeds.

I've tried resetting the module in the Pocket under Settings>Accessories>Wireless Module and connecting to its WiFi network manually, but still no luck. I've also tried 2.4Ghz, and nothing. Sooooo frustrating.

Some others on YouTube have noted they have Google Pixel devices, which I have, too (Google Pixel 2XL), so I'm curious what phone's you all are having trouble with here. I suspect it's an issue with Android and/or Google phones. Android folks always seem to get shafted by DJI while iPhone users usually have little to no problems. SMH.
2019-1-14
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

Try to connect to the OP as you would connect to any other wifi station. Enter the password to access the wifi 12341234 after this start MIMO and see if you get a working connection.
2019-1-14
Use props
willybob
lvl.1

France

Tried that, Phone is then detected as connected to OP WiFi, but MIMO does not launch video feed...
2019-1-14
Use props
Theibault
New
United States

willybob Posted at 1-14 10:51
Tried that, Phone is then detected as connected to OP WiFi, but MIMO does not launch video feed...

Same. Stays on Device Found screen.
2019-1-14
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

To bad. I'm out of things to think of.  It's working on my HTC U12+
2019-1-14
Use props
Theibault
New
United States

Tried it on my Asus Z8 tab and it works fine. Odd. Must be an issue with the app and Pixels?
2019-1-14
Use props
Ryz55
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176519 ft
United States

Can't get it to connect on my Oneplus 6t also.
2019-1-14
Use props
Peter Fickling
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Theibault Posted at 1-14 10:26
My issue happens on a Pixel 2 XL. Everything works fine till I hit connect. Then the app sits on the Found Device screen. Yes I've tried 2.4 and 5ghz. Yes I get the accept message on the OP. Any help?

I have exactly the same experience on the pixel 2 XL

The new DJI controller runs Android so you would think this wouldn't come up or happen
2019-1-15
Use props
absvlsu
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-13 12:31
Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. Did you manage to reach out our team regarding this situation? We will forward this concern with our team for further help. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you.

Hi Tony, I send the bad unit back to DJI, and I still didn't receive any update after that. I chatted with DJI Online Support some days ago, he told me that my return has been received, and will send out my exchange out. But I'm still waiting for the update, no shipping notice, no E-mail...
2019-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

absvlsu Posted at 1-31 10:17
Hi Tony, I send the bad unit back to DJI, and I still didn't receive any update after that. I chatted with DJI Online Support some days ago, he told me that my return has been received, and will send out my exchange out. But I'm still waiting for the update, no shipping notice, no E-mail...

Hi, we're sorry to know about the delay for your replacement unit. No worries, we will coordinate this situation with our team for further help. Please wait for our advice for further assistance.
2019-1-31
Use props
WizardOfFrobozz
lvl.1

United States

here's a work-around. Use a USB-C extension cord between the Osmo phone adaptor and the phone.  it's corded, but you have a lot of freedom depending on the extension length. I use a 6 foot cord.
2021-2-1
Use props
WizardOfFrobozz
lvl.1

United States

The Rev Posted at 2019-1-11 20:55
It should have a red light on the bottom as soon as you turn it on so sorry to say it looks like its DOA

here's a work-around. Use a USB-C extension cord between the Osmo phone adaptor and the phone.  it's corded, but you have a lot of freedom depending on the extension length. I use a 6 foot cord.
2021-2-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules