Rc controller micro usb?
819 14 2019-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc2f5448f
lvl.2
United States

Why didn’t DJI use a STANDARD female micro usb connector on the controller?  I find most OTG cables do not fit tight and have some wiggle,  sometimes lose connection.  I even bought an OTG cable from DJI and it has a standard male end.  Makes NO sense!
2019-1-11
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Which answer do you expect? We have what we have and should live with it. How do you want to improve the thing in the existed product?
2019-1-12
Use props
ssakellaro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28058 ft
Greece

You have the wrong cable, get a micro USB A, the port used by DJI is designed for this standard. It's also reversable and it won't pop off.
2019-1-12
Use props
Warriewoodlad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Maybe in the Spark 2 ?
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback with our Spark's RC. Would it be possible if you could provide us with a short video of this situation? We will forward this feedback with our team for consideration. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-13
Use props
skierman64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168855 ft
United States

Mine works perfectly with a micro usb OTG cable
2019-1-13
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

The spark RC has a standard micro usb the port just looks different because of the unusual shape around the port.
2019-1-13
Use props
Master.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

You can use the usb port on the RC as well?
2019-1-13
Use props
skierman64
lvl.1
United States

Master. Posted at 1-13 16:40
You can use the usb port on the RC as well?

There’s only a micro usb on the Spark RC
2019-1-13
Use props
skierman64
lvl.1
United States

Master. Posted at 1-13 16:40
You can use the usb port on the RC as well?

There’s only a micro usb on the Spark RC
2019-1-13
Use props
fansc2f5448f
lvl.2
United States

Seems to be some confusion on what I tried to report so let me clarify.  The port on the RC controller IS micro usb but it has a square outside, however ‘normal’ micro usc has angled corners.  So this is causing some wiggle with the OTG cable and sometimes get disconnect.

I figured the easy fix would be to order the OTG cable right from DJI.  However they ship a ‘normal’ micro usb.  So why wouldn’t they ship one that matches the plug on the RC?  Or why wouldn’t they put the normal plug on the RC?

I guess China left didn’t know what China right was doing when they designed the usb.
2019-1-13
Use props
fansc2f5448f
lvl.2
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-12 00:17
Which answer do you expect? We have what we have and should live with it. How do you want to improve the thing in the existed product?

DJI should at least sell a cable that matches the port they are using.
2019-1-13
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

The reason for that is that you should get a Micro-A to Micro -B cable.
Because it works just in one direction.
Plugging in the cable upside down makes the phone charges the RC but  that's it!
2019-1-13
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

fansc2f5448f Posted at 1-13 20:01
Seems to be some confusion on what I tried to report so let me clarify.  The port on the RC controller IS micro usb but it has a square outside, however ‘normal’ micro usc has angled corners.  So this is causing some wiggle with the OTG cable and sometimes get disconnect.

I figured the easy fix would be to order the OTG cable right from DJI.  However they ship a ‘normal’ micro usb.  So why wouldn’t they ship one that matches the plug on the RC?  Or why wouldn’t they put the normal plug on the RC?

It is called Micro USB-A, in the RC
And Micro USB-B in phones and such, these days

Anyway, get yourself cable with 90° plugs and all works fine

2019-1-13
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

fansc2f5448f Posted at 1-13 20:01
Seems to be some confusion on what I tried to report so let me clarify.  The port on the RC controller IS micro usb but it has a square outside, however ‘normal’ micro usc has angled corners.  So this is causing some wiggle with the OTG cable and sometimes get disconnect.

I figured the easy fix would be to order the OTG cable right from DJI.  However they ship a ‘normal’ micro usb.  So why wouldn’t they ship one that matches the plug on the RC?  Or why wouldn’t they put the normal plug on the RC?

Seems like your cable or port are loose. My cable doesn't wiggle. Maybe your cable is not good it shouldn't move.
2019-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules