RPAS letter in Canada.
1047 10 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Esurfman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 942 ft
Canada

A word of warning to all interested in flying in the advance operations in Canada starting June 1st 2019.  Do not buy a DJI product because they did not send an RPAS letter to Transport Canada.  Basically this means that starting June 1st any DJI products will only by allowed to be flown in uncontrolled airspace; so for picture or work or even with an Inspire, your stuck in uncontrolled airspace ( G class) in Canada.

This kind of sucks that after spending $3,000 on a product I can’t do anything not even do some work even if I have the valid course and certification.
2019-1-12
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Did you pass the advanced exam?
2019-1-12
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

might as well apply for a licence to pilot a float plane
2019-1-12
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Canada

Picanoc Jack Posted at 1-12 05:41
might as well apply for a licence to pilot a float plane

You could, training could take a bit longer though.
2019-1-12
Use props
Esurfman
lvl.2
Canada

I am looking at advanced training but it would cost me $1,400; I don’t mind but I just don’t want to pay for nothing.
2019-1-12
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Canada

Esurfman Posted at 1-12 06:57
I am looking at advanced training but it would cost me $1,400; I don’t mind but I just don’t want to pay for nothing.

You could probably find a more affordable training program. I did mine online at  http://cqfa.cegep-chicoutimi.qc.ca/pro/index.php?id=1006 the whole thing cost me $428.00 and I have access for two years. It's the Québec national school of aeronautics, they also train airplane and helicopter pilots.
2019-1-12
Use props
Esurfman
lvl.2
Canada

jyc Posted at 1-12 09:04
You could probably find a more affordable training program. I did mine online at  http://cqfa.cegep-chicoutimi.qc.ca/pro/index.php?id=1006 the whole thing cost me $428.00 and I have access for two years. It's the Québec national school of aeronautics, they also train airplane and helicopter pilots.

I actually was thinking about them.  One person at Transport Canada said they were very good.  We’re you able to pass the advanced test?
2019-1-12
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

You really jumped the gun with this post...

The initial list of certified Advanced Operations drones is just the initial one, and DJI, along with most other drone manufacturers, simply haven't submitted their RPAS certifications yet; they have almost 6 full months to do so.

It would be foolish to think DJI, a company with 80%+ market share, with drones encompassing everything from the micro toy model (Tello), to professional models like the Inspire and Matrice, would not submit RPAS certification in order to allow these drones to be used in the capacities they were intended for.

We have to wait and see as manufacturers start submitting their RPAS certifications to see which drones get certified for advanced use, and for what type of advanced use, as there are three types of uses a drone can be certified for.
2019-1-12
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Canada

Esurfman Posted at 1-12 10:16
I actually was thinking about them.  One person at Transport Canada said they were very good.  We’re you able to pass the advanced test?

I am doing a revision before the exam, I am confident it will go well. But yeah, it's a very complete training program.
2019-1-12
Use props
Esurfman
lvl.2
Canada

EdisonW1979 Posted at 1-12 10:19
You really jumped the gun with this post...

The initial list of certified Advanced Operations drones is just the initial one, and DJI, along with most other drone manufacturers, simply haven't submitted their RPAS certifications yet; they have almost 6 full months to do so.

It funny because there are a few company that already submitted there letter.  I’m pretty sure DJI was also consulted by TC on the new law, so they could have prepared for it.
2019-1-12
Use props
Esurfman
lvl.2
Canada

Now April and although DJI said the Mavic 2 Pro will be on the RPAS, nothing on Transport Canada site about those drones.  Real service from DJI.
2019-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules