Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FREEDOM / Inspiration comes at first light
588 17 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LUX.aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1787402 ft
United States

What I had intended as a simple video, meant to be a gift for my sister’s birthday (she shares the same name as this video’s title), may have turned out to be my best one to date. In addition to my gradually improving shooting methods, LumaFusion (an excellent iOS video editing platform) recently added the ability to render 4K videos at 150Mbps. All together, these things have enabled me to create something subtle but beautiful, and I wanted to share it with you here. Experience a bare deciduous forest in winter as it is bathed in the warm, golden glow of first light.

I am unsure that embedded YouTube videos can be viewed in 4K resolution, so would kindly encourage anyone interested in viewing to please visit YouTube’s site or use your device’s YouTube app. You can reach my channel here: http://bit.ly/2SpZIC1

Thanks all! I hope y’all have a great one!
2019-1-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work.
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Lux, nicely done! Thanks for sharing.
2019-1-12
Use props
LUX.aerial
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-12 07:54
Hi Lux, nicely done! Thanks for sharing.

It’s my pleasure, Paladin. I hope you have a great day.
2019-1-12
Use props
LUX.aerial
Second Officer
United States

Thanks as always, Woe. Stay well, friend.
2019-1-12
Use props
flightlogicRV9
lvl.3
United States

You must get up VERY early..... to catch the perfect light.   I went to your home page to view a few more productions.  It is apparent you are putting in countless hours to realize your creativity.
Any photographer wanting to improve will do well, to absorb your techniques.  Well done LUX !
2019-1-12
Use props
LUX.aerial
Second Officer
United States

flightlogicRV9 Posted at 1-12 08:58
You must get up VERY early..... to catch the perfect light.   I went to your home page to view a few more productions.  It is apparent you are putting in countless hours to realize your creativity.
Any photographer wanting to improve will do well, to absorb your techniques.  Well done LUX !

You’re too kind, FlightLogic. Thank you very much. I’ve yet to arrive to the level of professional, by that I mean I’ve yet experience any financial increase personally. I’m still rather green concerning aerial photography and filmmaking, only flying for about 4 or 5 months now - so I still have much to learn. It is my hope that my stubborn, stick-with-it mindset, meshed with the creativity gained through many years of artistic pursuits (primarily drawing and painting), will eventually yield opportunities to do this sort of work for a living. An important note about retaining originality - I’m very careful not to attempt to emulate anyone else’s work, despite wanting to on occasion because there are so many incredible artists using DJI drones, instead I prefer to discover what works for me personally and helps covey the theme or emotion I’m currently highlighting in a given film. Thanks again for your encouragement! Stay well!
2019-1-12
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Very nice homage to Winter.  Happy Birthday to your sister.

And to realize Winter leads to Spring, I noticed new buds on my walk through the park yesterday.
2019-1-12
Use props
LUX.aerial
Second Officer
United States

ff22 Posted at 1-12 11:13
Very nice homage to Winter.  Happy Birthday to your sister.

And to realize Winter leads to Spring, I noticed new buds on my walk through the park yesterday.

Indeed so, and I for one will be elated when spring arrives in earnest. These dark, cold winter months can be a drag on even the most upbeat and positive person. I lived in Southeast Asia for most the past 15 years, and when I moved back to the US last year I was sure the weather wouldn’t be a problem for me. Man, was I ever wrong. Despite growing up here in rural Virginia and loving the snowstorms of my childhood, my perspective on the winters here now is quite a different one. The cold months just seem to go on forever. It’s dark more than light, which makes days and weeks blur together. Most folks hide at home unless they’ve got to be out for some good reason.

But it is as you said. I too have noticed the earliest motions from the local flora that yes, spring is coming. Thank goodness!
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

LUX.aerial Posted at 1-12 08:40
It’s my pleasure, Paladin. I hope you have a great day.

Enjoy and always have a safe flight!
2019-1-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

LUX.aerial Posted at 1-12 08:41
Thanks as always, Woe. Stay well, friend.

You're welcome and keep them coming
2019-1-12
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nicely done, amazing work!
2019-1-13
Use props
Sky Carrier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Very well done. Thanks for sharing
2019-1-13
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

You and the trees had a really nice visit, and the light slowly waking up and sharing it presence, you all do so well together.  Check out  http://nga.gov  (National Gallery of Art in the states)  Look for "Ships In Distress off a rocky shore."  Look at the colors.  You'll like it.
2019-1-13
Use props
LUX.aerial
Second Officer
United States

HH1 Posted at 1-13 14:24
You and the trees had a really nice visit, and the light slowly waking up and sharing it presence, you all do so well together.  Check out  http://nga.gov  (National Gallery of Art in the states)  Look for "Ships In Distress off a rocky shore."  Look at the colors.  You'll like it.

I love it! Yes, colors like those are the sort which inspire me the most. Thank you for recommending I look for it. Very thoughtful!
2019-1-15
Use props
Steeve Labrie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 455919 ft
Canada

Very good, nice transition
2019-1-15
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

That painting is my favorite, and glad you enjoy it, the artist really had an eye for colors.  Also, on the computer you can pick out the people on the one boat deck  I've been all through it on the computer.  I figured you would like it in that you work with colors.  I told an art student about it, and she thought the colors to be odd, she will learn.
2019-1-15
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now