DJI GO can't connect
1099 4 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jwhalin
New

United States

The problem I’m having is getting the DJI-Go APP to see (link with) my quad. I have a Google Pixel-2 phone and the Phantom-3 Standard. When I try to open DJI-Go after connecting the P3S WiFi it only opens to the INSPIRE “Camera” panel. I can’t get it to link with the Phantom or disconnect from the Inspire. (It just shows “how to link”.) I have the latest App and have reloaded it may times. It might be a problem with the Pixel 2 as the app worked with my old Samsung phone. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks, Jeff

2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day jwhalin. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in connecting to the DJI Go using your Google Pixel-2 phone. Have you tried to use a different mobile device that is recommended for your DJI Phantom 3 Standard? Actually, there is a  possibility that the Google Pixel-2 phone will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Go application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Go application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2019-1-12
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

The Pixel-2 is not entirely compatible with the current app's WiFI specification... yet.  As DJI Stephen has implied, the app may not perform properly with your model of phone. So be wary of unfortunate results. Perhaps the Pixel-2 is set as default to query for 5.8ghz WiFI devices.

2019-1-12
Use props
jwhalin
New

United States

Thanks guys, Yea the Pixel 2 uses Android v9. The "Go" APP works with my older Android devices, so for now that will be my direction...
2019-1-12
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What version of the Go app do you use and what frequency of the WIFI does your Pixel 2 support?
2019-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules