Dji Spark 2
12Next >
41851 56 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drone_lover
lvl.2
Canada

Now expectation from Dji getting higher and higher, Dji is not only a drone company, it turned as a love.
We are eagerly waiting for Dji SPARK 2 under 250 gram and that is the most important thing what we are desperately looking towards Dji. also more range, more flight time,  3 axis gimbal 4K 30 or 60 FPS and foldable Spark,

For that if Dji asks  more money i believe people won't hesistate to pay.

Please Dji keep  those in your mind. personally i am desperately  waiting for spark 2

2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day drone_lover. Thank you for this inquiry and for your interest in the said product. As of the moment we do not have any information on the said product. For the latest news development with this product. Please visit our official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you for your support and patience.
2019-1-12
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

i would rather it be 300-350g+
being lighter means less wind tolerance and less battery if they make it smaller

60fps that would be nice 4k too
3 axis gimbal  back sensors or upward sensors
and maybe ocusync
2019-1-12
Use props
Jezmo
lvl.4
United States

When you add features such as, for example, a three axis gimbal, you add weight to the package. Since it's already over 250 grams something must be removed in order to maintain the current weight. DJI has done a spectacular job of getting it as small and light as it is while offering as many features as this little guy does. While I am not saying there isn't room for improvement, the current battery technology doesn't leave much room for any significant weight savings IMHO. One thing I would like to see improved is the move to ocusync control. WiFi is great for some things, flying a copter isn't one of them IMHO.
2019-1-12
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Jezmo Posted at 1-12 11:49
When you add features such as, for example, a three axis gimbal, you add weight to the package. Since it's already over 250 grams something must be removed in order to maintain the current weight. DJI has done a spectacular job of getting it as small and light as it is while offering as many features as this little guy does. While I am not saying there isn't room for improvement, the current battery technology doesn't leave much room for any significant weight savings IMHO. One thing I would like to see improved is the move to ocusync control. WiFi is great for some things, flying a copter isn't one of them IMHO.

I second that. Ocusync. it would be much safer to fly the Spark.

Less weight would be nice but not at the expense of less flight time. It's already short.

I am not sure it is possible for the current technology to build a spark under 250 grams with all those requirements. More flight time = heavier battery.  Maybe in 10 or 20 years? geee, will we even be able to fly drones in that future?
2019-1-12
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Here, here.... <250g for sure
2019-1-12
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

SAADHERO Posted at 1-12 10:40
being lighter means less wind tolerance and less battery if they make it smaller

Not if you live in Canada!
2019-1-12
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

My Spark is already under 250 grams.  I think the carbon fiber stickers on it make it so light.  
2019-1-12
Use props
drone_lover
lvl.2
Canada

There is a drone named c fly dream , it's less than 250 grams .

Dji is the market leader in this field,  if other can make it then definitely Dji as a market leader they can make it in a far better way IMO

Dji please make Spark 2 less than 250 grams.. ..
2019-1-12
Use props
drone_lover
lvl.2
Canada

i already have dji spark fly more combo, but i need spark 2 below 250 grams. because globally below 250 grams doesn't fall under any regulations. so if Dji make that then that will be great for us.
2019-1-12
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

Well except if theres is a battery technology that can make more efficient and lighter battery it will be very difficult to make the spark lighter with more autonomy. Maybe use a lighter material than plastic for some part but that would be more expensive.

Ultimately it is possible but the price of the material would be so much expensive that it wouldn't sell as much as the spark.
2019-1-12
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

I would also like to see an evolution, for example, a new calibration of the ESCs and better performance and silent propellers like those implemented in Mavic Platinum (and later in the Mavic 2 line), as well as gimbal of three axes, anyway ...
But then I see that Spark is positioned in an "entry model" market with few competitors, so in theory such changes are feasible, but in practice it would involve an investment of a few thousand dollars. So I ask if it was DJI, Spark today continues to sell well, why change? And like all DJI model developments, the price will go up which I believe could get close to Mavic Air.
I'm sure that DJI has thought about it and only the future will be able to answer what will come or what can not be produced.

Hugs

2019-1-12
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

ssylca44 Posted at 1-12 14:48
Not if you live in Canada!

lol forgot about the rules but the sacrifice needed could be big for the weight

perhaps a spark lite without front sensors and built with lighter materials smaller battery
i dont know
2019-1-13
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Isn't it Mavic Air (without ocusync)?
2019-1-13
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

When you add features such as, for example, a three axis gimbal, you add weight to the package. Since it's already over 250 grams something must be removed in order to maintain the current weight. DJI has done a spectacular job of getting it as small and light as it is while offering as many features as this little guy does. While I am not saying there isn't room for improvement, the current battery technology doesn't leave much room for any significant weight savings IMHO. One thing I would like to see improved is the move to ocusync control. WiFi is great for some things, flying a copter isn't one of them IMHO.

They definitely can include 4k also. With one that you've mentioned there isn't any things to anticipate in next generation of Spark.
2019-1-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing your suggestion!
2019-1-13
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

SAADHERO Posted at 1-13 01:30
lol forgot about the rules but the sacrifice needed could be big for the weight

perhaps a spark lite without front sensors and built with lighter materials smaller battery

Lighter material would help, 50g is not very much.
S.
2019-1-13
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

ssylca44 Posted at 1-13 05:53
Lighter material would help, 50g is not very much.
S.

You know that lighter material would be whether fragile or more expensive. You want to reduce weight by 1/6 what isn't that a little.
2019-1-13
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-13 01:56
They definitely can include 4k also. With one that you've mentioned there isn't any things to anticipate in next generation of Spark.

Yes 4k wouldn't change the weight just increase the price a little.
2019-1-13
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-13 06:42
You know that lighter material would be whether fragile or more expensive. You want to reduce weight by 1/6 what isn't that a little.

Carbon fiber might do the job. Cheers
2019-1-13
Use props
grin factor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14580 ft

United Kingdom

Not sure if they would do that. Too much like the Air, apart from weight.
2019-1-13
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Canada

drone_lover Posted at 1-12 16:11
There is a drone named c fly dream , it's less than 250 grams . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3vIDLs-Fz8

Dji is the market leader in this field,  if other can make it then definitely Dji as a market leader they can make it in a far better way IMO

Here, here, I agree!
2019-1-13
Use props
drone_lover
lvl.2
Canada

if Dji  makes it then that will be a game changing step  for Dji
2019-1-13
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I still love my Spark.  I would settle for a three axis gimbal and be quite pleased.  
2019-1-13
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

ssylca44 Posted at 1-13 08:26
Here, here, I agree!

Drone less than 250 gr would be a real dream.
2019-1-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

The "Spark 2" got released last year.

Under the name "Mavic air"

At least that is what specs are telling and a lot of drone pilots thinking,  about a mavic with just single wifi.
2019-1-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

drone_lover Posted at 1-12 16:36
[view_image]

i already have dji spark fly more combo, but i need spark 2 below 250 grams. because globally below 250 grams doesn't fall under any regulations. so if Dji make that then that will be great for us.

I hate to kill your "globally" dreams, but the 250 g. is often totally irrelevant, in case the drone has a camera on it.
2019-1-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

When you add features such as, for example, a three axis gimbal, you add weight to the package. Since it's already over 250 grams something must be removed in order to maintain the current weight. DJI has done a spectacular job of getting it as small and light as it is while offering as many features as this little guy does. While I am not saying there isn't room for improvement, the current battery technology doesn't leave much room for any significant weight savings IMHO. One thing I would like to see improved is the move to ocusync control. WiFi is great for some things, flying a copter isn't one of them IMHO.

And that was it, what DJI did. They added features plus weight and named it Mavic Air!
Just my2c  ;-)
2019-1-13
Use props
Master.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

I don't think spark to is going to be under 250g. Even if they are under 250g, new regulations will probably come out.
2019-1-13
Use props
drone_lover
lvl.2
Canada

Master. Posted at 1-13 13:46
I don't think spark to is going to be under 250g. Even if they are under 250g, new regulations will probably come out.

hahahahaah.. well said
2019-1-13
Use props
navigato
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264495 ft
Italy

A Spark weighing less than 250 g. it would be an exceptional product for the world drone market given the limitations in many states. It would be enough a full hd camera with a better quality than the current, perhaps with 60 or 120 fps. We cross our fingers ... (Italian way to say: "hopefully...").
2019-1-14
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93865 ft
United States

just need an air that folds lol
2019-1-14
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hate to tell the truth, but I honestly dont think this will happen. The spark two, in theory, would essentially be the spark pro, which is pretty much just the mavic air, as it is a step up from the spark with most of the things you described.
2019-1-14
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

i trust DJI to make the spark 2 more efficient than the first spark however im more concern about the price rather than the drone because i'm an spark owner and the price its all that matters.
2019-1-14
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think they should make a Spark Pro.
If DJI used the same Spark and added:
1) new improved camera similar to the Osmo Pocket;
2) Ocusync 2;
3) 2 or 3 axis gimbal 4K 60fps camera;
4) and it can eek out 20 minute flight time

The new Spark Pro would be amazing.
2019-1-15
Use props
kd_sudarwika
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1609678 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

in fact dji spark has 4K sensor (same 4K Sony sensor as the Mavic) but the "unused" resolution is used to stabilize the YAWing camera process because there is no mechanical YAW stabilizing being done.
The 4K image that was recorded got punched in and cropped to produce the stable 1080 image we end up with. so if Spark 2 still uses 2axis stabilization, I'm not sure you got the video recording option at 4k. and that means there will be additional weight ... full carbon fiber frame maybe an advanced solution...
2019-2-22
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Suggesting graphene material for the Spark 2....  very strong and very lightweight..... and size.... it's like 1 atom thick.
The best part.... graphene batteries should have the best energy density of them all known to humanity right now and they charge so quickly.
2019-2-22
Use props
Fido Gogo
New

Canada

hello, it's soon my birthday and I would have liked the dji spark but with the new law, people under 14 years old no longer have the right to control a drone of more than 250 g. So please, create the spark 2 which weighs less than 250 g please! Thank you, a disappointed child.
2019-3-20
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

The spark range is and will always be DJIs stepping stone into the prosumer market..
The specs your asking for is a ultra portable mavic 2 Pro..

If they where to do that, I believe it will be a Mavic 2 Air, not the spark range.

The things that I believe the spark 2 need to keep up with current line are.

360 obstacle avoidance.
120fps 1080
Active track 2.0
15min of actuall fly time .. so 20mims by DJI books
Battery on top.
Better tech for linking RC to remote ..
2019-3-21
Use props
BRentAP03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74872 ft
United States

I would love all this too, but this drives the price up and I doubt DJI would want to give up their claim on the $300-$500 range of the market, so that way they can own all levels of the market.
2019-3-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules