3717 14 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LaurenOE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 969452 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I have a new Ronin - S, and when I turn the focus wheel, all of a sudden, instead of it being damped, it looses the damping, and almost spins freely!?!
If I wait a few hours...it regains its damping, but as soon as I turn it a bit, goes back to almost zero damping.
It looks like maybe there wasn't enough "grease" when they made mine?
Anyone else?

Lauren
2019-1-12
Use props
fansa605563a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11778 ft
United States

I had to take it apart when it went super loose. Inside is a bolt that was getting loose. Just tighten it and you should be good. It was not worth the trouble to send it in for a $60 part and wait 2-3 wks to get it back
2019-1-12
Use props
LaurenOE
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Ok...now to figure out how to do that.
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Lauren, we are very sorry to read the issues with Focus Wheel and the inconvenience caused, we do not recommend to fix it by yourself since the warranty could be affected. If it loses the damping completely, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket, we will provide the proper resolution according to the diagnosis, thank you.
2019-1-13
Use props
LaurenOE
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-13 20:35
Hi Lauren, we are very sorry to read the issues with Focus Wheel and the inconvenience caused, we do not recommend to fix it by yourself since the warranty could be affected. If it loses the damping completely, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket and send in for further evaluation, we will provide the proper resolution according to the diagnosis, thank you.

Done. Now lets see how much of a hassle it will be.
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LaurenOE Posted at 1-14 05:38
Done. Now lets see how much of a hassle it will be.

Our repair center will get it addressed as soon as possible, if you need any assistance, please feel free to keep me updated, I will do my best to help.
2019-1-15
Use props
LaurenOE
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-15 01:00
Our repair center will get it addressed as soon as possible, if you need any assistance, please feel free to keep me updated, I will do my best to help.

Well, thanks Mindy.

The interaction was fair to inconvenient. I had to make a little video to justify what was going on, then, the repair folks said... "Recently we have received some feedback about the tightness of the Focus Wheel's knob, some of them are very tight, some are very loose, and in response to this, we have optimized the user experience and operation accuracy by adjusting the Ronin-S Focus Wheel's degree of tightness accordingly. Please do not worry, as the tightness does not affect the Focus Wheel's function so it is safe to use. "

With that paragraph, they were basically saying "some are tight" and "some are loose" everything is fine. That means poor quality control and ignores that mine started off tight, but became loose within days. A focus wheel is designed to hold focus, so a loose one is defective. That doesn't bode well for the Ronin -S which is a pro product, and I am a professional.

I said NO, and they said "Just for YOU, we will replace it."

I am sending the old one back for - I hope -  a replacement.

I also ordered the Tilta one.
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LaurenOE Posted at 1-15 01:58
Well, thanks Mindy.

The interaction was fair to inconvenient. I had to make a little video to justify what was going on, then, the repair folks said... "Recently we have received some feedback about the tightness of the Focus Wheel's knob, some of them are very tight, some are very loose, and in response to this, we have optimized the user experience and operation accuracy by adjusting the Ronin-S Focus Wheel's degree of tightness accordingly. Please do not worry, as the tightness does not affect the Focus Wheel's function so it is safe to use. "

We apologize for the improper explanation form our support team on this matter, we will arrange the replacement service for your Focus Wheel and get it sorted out a soon as possible. Hope you will get the replacement soon.
2019-1-16
Use props
LaurenOE
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-16 01:48
We apologize for the improper explanation form our support team on this matter, we will arrange the replacement service for your Focus Wheel and get it sorted out a soon as possible. Hope you will get the replacement soon.

Thanks Mindy. They also said that...in a few days if I was in the USA that I will be getting a UPS shipping label sent to my email address. That has not happened yet.
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LaurenOE Posted at 1-16 04:59
Thanks Mindy. They also said that...in a few days if I was in the USA that I will be getting a UPS shipping label sent to my email address. That has not happened yet.

OK, if you need further assistance, please let us know without hesitation.
2019-1-17
Use props
djiuser_TzvW2Lxytwys
New

Germany

Dear DJI Support,

I had a strange experience with the focus wheel.
I tried out the zoom option with my a6500 and the ronin-s (multi-cable). After 10 minutes of practicing with the wheel, the wheel suddenly lost their strength and just rolled freely.

After short google research, I noticed I am not alone with this problem.

After that I took it apart I found inside really sticky material, kinda like grease but denser and stickier. I think the grease when it heats up goes to the side of the wheel.
With a flat screwdriver I put back the material from the side.

Was working fine, but after using it like half an hour it gets loose. I don't know if it is a serial issue, or it is like it is.

Can you help me solve this problem?
Would be really helpful if you can send me the exact product name of the sticky material.

Best wishes,
Zoltan Roncsek
2019-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_TzvW2Lxytwys Posted at 7-24 16:08
Dear DJI Support,

I had a strange experience with the focus wheel.

Hi Zoltan Roncsek, sorry for the troubles with the Focus Wheel, it is not recommended to disassemble the device by yourself because the warranty could be void. Please contact our support team www.dji.com/support and send back the Focus Wheel to our repair center for the evaluation, our repair center will help you out.
2019-7-25
Use props
djiuser_TzvW2Lxytwys
New

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-25 03:42
Hi Zoltan Roncsek, sorry for the troubles with the Focus Wheel, it is not recommended to disassemble the device by yourself because the warranty could be void. Please contact our support team www.dji.com/support and send back the Focus Wheel to our repair center for the evaluation, our repair center will help you out.

Hi Mindy,

Thank you for your answer.
Reading the previous comments I don't want to send back the Focus Wheel to repair.

I am kindly asking for the name of the sticky material.

Greets
Zoltan
2019-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_TzvW2Lxytwys Posted at 7-25 11:09
Hi Mindy,

Thank you for your answer.

I will verify with our engineers to see if we can provide the name, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-7-26
Use props
djiuser_OpbcGt3102s0
New

Australia

Any update on this? I’ve had my focus wheel do the exact same thing.. what is the grease used? Unless DJI is willing to send a replacement so that I’m not left without one in the interim then I would rather fix this myself
2020-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules