800 3 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was flying my Spark today with the goggles and I had a blast!   With my phantom 3 the goggles just werent so much fun, but with the Spark in Sport mode I had a great time.
First the goggles limited me to 50 meters altitude, but after an update that went away.  I was 1000 feet away when the screen turned grey and the picture froze.  As far as I can tell there is no GPS screen option.  I couldnt see the drone so I pressed RTH and watched the distance which was still working to make sure the drone was getting closer. I do have a great deal of wireless interference in my area.  Once I heard the drone returning I pressed RTH button again which Im guessing cancels the process. (Ive always had a phone or tablet).  I turned the goggles off and back on and they reconnected with picture. I continued flying without incident.  I didnt like pressing RTH... I didnt even know if a home point had been recorded.. Goggles dont tell you do they?
Is it possible to get a GPS screen on the goggles?   How should I have handled this situation?  (I KNOW. stay in line of sight and should have had a spotter)
Any advice is much appreciated.   I have never completely lost my picture before while using my tablet or phone... (except for one long range flight that resulted in a sudden loss of signal including pic, but RTH kicked in)

Is there a way to sync the flight logs to the DJI app from the goggles?  

2019-1-12
Use props
chips34
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73553 ft
United States

I had the same problem with my P4......maybe 1/4 mile away the screen froze and i had to use the rth to get it back......just hoping the home point was recorded !!
2019-1-31
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for responding... was starting to think I asked a stupid question....  I haven't tried again yet but was going to try to hook up the goggles while also having my phone or tablet connected...   I was trying that initially and it didn't seem to work right until I disconnected my phone and only used goggles and remote..   now I have the mavic 2 as well and sill haven't tried the goggles with that..
2019-1-31
Use props
chips34
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73553 ft
United States

I ordered a usb  splitter so i can have the goggles & tablet on at the same time...I hope something works...lol
2019-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules