Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin S focus wheel control more than one motor?
2408 7 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_KiMrKPLTnbXM
New

United States

I saw a video from last year's NAB show in Las Vegas where someone described that the focus wheel will be able to control more than one focus motor.  Is this true?  Also, now that I have the focus motor, I can't control zoom on my Sony a7sii.  The wheel only controls the motor.  Any ideas how to remedy this?

2019-1-12
Use props
GoldenSun
lvl.4
Poland

Changing zoom changes balance so it's not recommended when the gimbal is operating. Though it may depend on the lens if it's really bad or not as much.
2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, the current firmware doesn't support multiple Focus Motor, please note the future firmware update.
The Ronin-S's firmware only supports F (Focus) mode currently, when the Focus motor is turned on, if the mode is switched to I (Aperture) mode or Z (Zoom) mode, the LED will be solid red.
However, the gear ring can be mounted to the lens' zoom ring to control the zoom. The issue will be solved by a firmware update, thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-1-13
Use props
ilijahmora
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-13 22:18
Hi there, the current firmware doesn't support multiple Focus Motor, please note the future firmware update.
The Ronin-S's firmware only supports F (Focus) mode currently, when the Focus motor is turned on, if the mode is switched to I (Aperture) mode or Z (Zoom) mode, the LED will be solid red.
However, the gear ring can be mounted to the lens' zoom ring to control the zoom. The issue will be solved by a firmware update, thank you for your understanding and support.

Any update here?  I talked to someone on the phone at DJI and they said they weren't sure if it would work.  But that I could try buying a separate focus wheel and motor.. and try that way.  Will that work?
2019-7-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ilijahmora Posted at 7-29 13:25
Any update here?  I talked to someone on the phone at DJI and they said they weren't sure if it would work.  But that I could try buying a separate focus wheel and motor.. and try that way.  Will that work?

Hi there, Ronin-S still doesn't support multiple Focus Motor, if there is any update, we will make it announced in the firmware release notes. Thank you.
2019-7-30
Use props
fansa617ca6d
lvl.1

Estonia

Hi! Any update on this? It would be a lovely feature that would sell more equipment ;)
2019-12-17
Use props
radthrillfilms
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Hi there, does in year of 2022 DJI Ronin S supports multiple(two) focus motors attached simultaneously ? If yes which firmware update version allows it?
2022-3-9
Use props
sargentpilcher
lvl.1

Singapore

Is there any update to this? I'd like to have a 2nd focus motor on a single lens focus ring for extra strength
2022-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules