Beginner mode off....WOW! Gestures? :(
1972 2 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Graphicjunkie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43022 ft
United States

So I took it out of beginner mode today for the first time.  Been wanting to test out the different intelligent flight modes and all.
I flipped the switch and was really shocked at how touchy it became.  Played around with that for a while, and finally got adventurous flipping it to sport.   LOL... I was flyin like a drunk driver.  At one point, I came rippin through the yard, and hit the brakes....I thought it was going to flip upside down.  Scared the crap out of me.
I've been really apprehensive about going outside the yard.  (1/2 acre)  But today I got adventurous.   I thought it was really far way...flying by vision, not cam.  Seemed like it was super far away.  So I brought it back.  Later reviewing the footage, I only went to the far side of the parking lot behind my house.  lol.   Pathetic.

I had some fun with the flight modes.  I thought that there were more hand gestures built in.  I thought you could control height, distance, and direction by hand.  As well as of course taking the pictures.  I don't even see where to shoot video with it.  that's quite a let down, as it was the big reason I decided to upgrade from the spark.   But that's ok.  The difference in flight time alone is worth it, not to mention the speed!  lol.

2019-1-12
Use props
Gazmg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Graphic watch these two videos might help you out....theres loads out there but these two guys are good....

2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience with the aircraft, and about the Gesture mode, unfortunately, there are only a few gestures that you can do. Only from the Spark and Mavic Air has a lot of gesture mode that you can. By the way, Fly safely. Cheers!
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules