648 6 2019-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
twilight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2113606 ft
Romania

Hello guys!

I was wondering if there is any possibility to activate "video cache" all the time, not only when video shooting.

I had a sudden break from my mavic air, i could hear it's motors start to spin quickly (as when it't trying to compensate a change of direction) and my remote was biping as if somewhat was in front of the drone. This was in a return to home sequence, at 40 m above, with nothing in front of the drone. Could it be some birds? It was cloudy, so no sun rays... The drone came back home after that, with no problem. I tried to view the cached video to understand what happened, but ... there is none! Why? Because i wasnt filming. I wasn't filming my way home. I ussualy make pictures and take panoramas anyways. Would it be very nice to have the video cache option from the starting of the motors until they have stopped! That's a true video cache!

I searched the web for some other people discussing about this and i couldn't find anyone who requested this or wrote about this.

Is there someone else thinking like me?

Best regards,
Marius
2019-1-13
Use props
djiuser_x51Xu9iMtX1y
lvl.4
Latvia

Nope, I havent found a solution to this
2019-1-14
Use props
twilight
lvl.4
Romania

djiuser_x51Xu9iMtX1y Posted at 1-14 05:32
Nope, I havent found a solution to this

No one else cares about this?

What about if the drone has a problem and you don't have any cached videos to show to dji, because you are in photo mode?
2019-1-14
Use props
djiuser_x51Xu9iMtX1y
lvl.4
Latvia

twilight Posted at 1-14 05:47
No one else cares about this?

What about if the drone has a problem and you don't have any cached videos to show to dji, because you are in photo mode?

I had a problem where the drone recorded to cache, but the sd card was empty.
2019-1-14
Use props
twilight
lvl.4
Romania

From my understanding, the remote stores the cache files into the phone/tablet from the live videofeed. Audio can be recorded from the phone/tablet, so there will be voice and bips from the remote.

I still dont understand why the video cache is recorded only when recording video to the drone. Caching video does not has anything to do with the video being recorded to internal or sd card, as the video feed is always transmited to the remote (when connected to the aircraft) and could be easily recorded to the phone/tablet full time, it set so in settings.

2019-1-14
Use props
twilight
lvl.4
Romania

Is this forum in vain? No one reads, no one responds?
2019-1-15
Use props
fans0c60b5e5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315974 ft
United States

I, years later, completely agree. The CPU time cost is minimal for writing to file the video stream that the remote receives. It's already set to loop back over older files.
I think the main obstacle is in the in app interface, with possibly a bunch of essentially orphaned clips(cache clips with no match to clips on drone).
I think in Fly App(Go 5), there is a feature where the last few seconds are stored- disclosed when recovery effort is started. There are some bare diversity video streams, unmuxed, somewhere in the Android app structure.
2022-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules