USB-C to lightening cable?
688 8 2019-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yeowie
lvl.1
Australia

I normally use an SD card reader with my iPad Pro (2017) to import vids and photos from my Mavic Air, today I forgot to put the sd Card back into my drone,
“no problem I’ll just use the internal Memory” I thought.  

So on my way home I stopped at a shop and bought a USB-C to lightening cable. When I attached my cable to the mavic Air and the ipad Nothing happened. Normally I’d get a pop up to import the data. All that happened was that it now said “not charging” in the top Right hand corner of my iPad.

Am missing something?

Why wouldn’t the USB-C to lightening cable work to transfer the data?

2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that may I ask have you tried connecting the Aircraft to your PC/Laptop and see if you can see the storage of the Aircraft.
2019-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Could it be the iPad ?
2019-1-13
Use props
Master.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Ios probably dostn't support that.
2019-1-13
Use props
Yeowie
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-13 08:34
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that may I ask have you tried connecting the Aircraft to your PC/Laptop and see if you can see the storage of the Aircraft.

The usb cable supplied with the drone works with my PC just fine
2019-1-14
Use props
Yeowie
lvl.1
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-13 08:57
Could it be the iPad ?

Doubtful, the ipad is fairly new (4 months) and it works fine when using an sd card reader connected to the lightening Port
2019-1-14
Use props
Yeowie
lvl.1
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-13 08:57
Could it be the iPad ?

Doubtful, the ipad is fairly new (4 months) and it works fine when using an sd card reader connected to the lightening Port
2019-1-14
Use props
Yeowie
lvl.1
Australia

Master. Posted at 1-13 13:44
Ios probably dostn't support that.

Possible but ive read ios Supports USB-C to Standard USB then an adaptor from standard USB to lightening port just fine. It makes no sense that it wouldn’t work with a single cable instead of a cable and an adapter.
2019-1-14
Use props
PUMMY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 376450 ft
United Kingdom

The Mavic identifies itself as a hard drive, not a card reader which is why the Mavic annoy be seen on iOS. DJI have to change the type of device in the Mavic to allow iOS to see the internal drive. Over to DJI to fix or upgrade in the next version or firmware unfortunately
2019-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules