Inspire 1 Full gimbal control SOLO baby
1812 10 2015-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thetravguy
lvl.1

United States

shots that are pretty much impossible to do by yourself with the track wheel are now possible. up down left right diagonalrequire no effort and are easy to perform. i can track a target moving or fixedflying the aircraft in any direction at any speed. the only tricky shot isgoing strait over the top of a target, spinning the camera 180 up and down at thesame time smoothly.

i grabthe lower knob in-between my index finger and middle finger and it gives mepretty accurate control over the camera. i have the sensitivity turned up to100%

20150604_114513.jpg
20150604_114445.jpg
20150604_114456.jpg
2015-6-4
Use props
shayd93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

In my opinion this is incredibly stupid and irresponsible . People crash drones using just one controller at the time and you are using two.
2015-6-4
Use props
thetravguy
lvl.1

United States

not 2, more like 1 and 1/4th of a second. the second remote is completely pointless and useless except for the left stick, or right stick depending how you program it. the other option would be to rip the second one apart and only use the guts to get the full gimbal control out of it but i didn't feel like destroying a 500 dollar device ya know.

tell dji to put a 3rd stick on 1 remote and then i wouldn't have to use 2 mounted together like this.
2015-6-5
Use props
jsclark89
lvl.2
Flight distance : 210719 ft

Canada

Why use 2 controllers for a shot like this?  Practice and you can do it with one (and be safer in the process)
2015-6-5
Use props
thetravguy
lvl.1

United States

jsclark89@gmail Posted at 2015-6-6 02:58
Why use 2 controllers for a shot like this?  Practice and you can do it with one (and be safer in th ...

you can't do that shot with 1 remote. the track wheel doesn't let you move in 2 directions at the same time or even switch modes to go left right to up and down quickly or smoothly.

my simple 20 second video is impossible for you, me or anyone else to get unless you have 2 remotes and 2 people. now i can do it by myself. the plans are in the picture so you can make your own version and have the same freedom i have, your welcome.
2015-6-5
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recommend you put a pilot cam in the front nose of the Inspire and use a monitor with HDMI
2015-6-5
Use props
kranstonkincaid
lvl.1

United States

Actually I have been doing that maneuver with one controller and the on screen gimbal control for a while now. Listen up get really good at flying then strap up and use your index and pinky fingers to control the Inspire with one hand and use you other hand to on the tablet to control the gimbal. The other option is to yaw the copter while using the tilt wheel. Remember by the time you rotate 180 degrees you will be flying backwards so compensate accordingly. Sounds like you just need to tighten up the nut behind the controls. Hey however you get the shot I guess...just not revolutionary.
2015-6-6
Use props
jsclark89
lvl.2

Canada

kranstonkincaid Posted at 2015-6-7 14:25
Actually I have been doing that maneuver with one controller and the on screen gimbal control for a  ...

Excactly, I do this shot quite often as well so its definitely not impossible.

thetravguy - Its the same as doing a POI flight while changing your camera angle.  You need to compensate the yaw and flight direction to keep your subject centered while rotating around it.  All the while, you can be adjusting the gimbal angle with your left index finger.
2015-6-8
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

jsclark89@gmail Posted at 2015-6-8 22:44
Excactly, I do this shot quite often as well so its definitely not impossible.

thetravguy - Its  ...

That's the way !
2015-6-8
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

I have a never ending supply of people who want to operate the camera.  Everyone from my girlfriend to friends practices and wants to be involved so I do shots like this as they were intended to be done.  With two people.  Find it too dangerous trying to do all things at once.
2015-6-8
Use props
jsclark89
lvl.2

Canada

thetravguy Posted at 2015-6-6 05:41
you can't do that shot with 1 remote. the track wheel doesn't let you move in 2 directions at the s ...

I'm not saying its easy, i'm saying its possible.  You only use the track wheel for up and down.  The aircraft does the left and right.  With enough practice you'll be able to figure it out!  Maybe I'll post a tutorial for yah!
2015-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules