P3P vs P3Advaned
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Walleye
lvl.4
United States

I’m thinking about these previously owned quads to purchase one. What’s the main difference? Is P3 Advanced worth $100 more then the Pro?
Thanks!!
2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Walleye. Thank you for choosing DJI and thank you for the inquiry. The biggest difference between the DJI Phantom 3 Professional and the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced is in the camera. The DJI Phantom 3 Professional is capable of shooting spectacular 4K video at up to 30 frames per second, and the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced is capable of shooting at resolutions up to 2.7K. Both models shoot 12 megapixel photos. For refrence I will be posting a link where you can check the specifications of both the DJI Phantom 3 Professional and the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. Thank you.

DJI Phantom 3 Professional ( https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pr ... insite_search#specs )

DJI Phantom 3 Advanced ( https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-ad ... insite_search#specs )
2019-1-13
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

The Advanced should actually be the lesser priced of the two. Same phantoms, just different cameras. I have the Advanced myself and considered upgrading several years ago for the Pro, but honestly the 2.7K camera on the Advanced captures amazing footage. For me, there isn't the need for the 4K. Unless you are doing professional work and have the computer to process the larger files and resolution the 4K has, the Advanced should do you well. I honestly shoot mostly in 1980P, and not 2.7K. Just easier for me to deal with and like I said the photos and video are just as good to most of the people as compared to 2.7 or 4K.
I do understand that most of the newer drones released by everyone shoots in 4K, and no question these resolutions provide great footage and more ability for editing, etc.
But as I already mentioned, the Advanced shouldn't be $100 more than the Pro unless the Pro has some damage or something and the Advanced is just in better shape.
2019-1-13
Use props
Walleye
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-13 07:14
Hello and good day Walleye. Thank you for choosing DJI and thank you for the inquiry. The biggest difference between the DJI Phantom 3 Professional and the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced is in the camera. The DJI Phantom 3 Professional is capable of shooting spectacular 4K video at up to 30 frames per second, and the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced is capable of shooting at resolutions up to 2.7K. Both models shoot 12 megapixel photos. For refrence I will be posting a link where you can check the specifications of both the DJI Phantom 3 Professional and the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. Thank you.

DJI Phantom 3 Professional ( https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro/info?site=brandsite&from=insite_search#specs )

Thank you--I was just getting ready to go there.
2019-1-13
Use props
Walleye
lvl.4
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 1-13 07:52
The Advanced should actually be the lesser priced of the two. Same phantoms, just different cameras. I have the Advanced myself and considered upgrading several years ago for the Pro, but honestly the 2.7K camera on the Advanced captures amazing footage. For me, there isn't the need for the 4K. Unless you are doing professional work and have the computer to process the larger files and resolution the 4K has, the Advanced should do you well. I honestly shoot mostly in 1980P, and not 2.7K. Just easier for me to deal with and like I said the photos and video are just as good to most of the people as compared to 2.7 or 4K.
I do understand that most of the newer drones released by everyone shoots in 4K, and no question these resolutions provide great footage and more ability for editing, etc.
But as I already mentioned, the Advanced shouldn't be $100 more than the Pro unless the Pro has some damage or something and the Advanced is just in better shape.

Thank you again!
2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Walleye Posted at 1-13 10:20
Thank you--I was just getting ready to go there.

You are very much welcome Walleye. If you have any other inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to assist and help you.
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules