Would you buy a new protective case that fits accessories
12Next >
4718 70 2019-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Would you buy a new pocket carry case for your Osmo Pocket that is designed to fit the pan and tilt wheel and/or the wireless module?
Single SelectVote, Total 69 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

14.49% (10)
13.04% (9)
56.52% (39)
14.49% (10)
1.45% (1)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-1-13
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

sorry about the double post on the wheel...I can't figure out how to edit that one out.
2019-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I answered No, all dji bags are way over priced and although good quality, many other companies make quality bags and cases of high quality for more reasonable prices. And besides that I expect the best accessory has yet to come for OP and that is the charging cylinder , so will we then be looking for a new holder bag etc .
2019-1-13
Use props
theprisoner6666
lvl.3
Hong Kong

I personally wouldn’t buy a case like this. If I used the wireless module it would only be for the occasional time lapse, so I wouldn’t leave it connected to the OP anyway. As for the controller wheel, again, I’d sooner just use follow mode and the pan feature on the phone via the wireless module on a tripod if I wanted a really smooth pan. To me, the extra accessories are taking away the portability of the device, which defies the point of its design. We may as well call it the Osmo Rucksack!
2019-1-13
Use props
j.r.r.
lvl.4
Canada

I voted YES if OP fits in the case with control wheel and wireless adapter installed on it. The gimbal protector will do for now and if one day better solution appears on the market I will definitely like to try it.
2019-1-13
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

For clarity, I'm not talking about an equipment bag or other large case, I'm talking about something that looks exactly like this but fits the wheel or wireless or both

2019-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Upscaleman Posted at 1-13 14:48
For clarity, I'm not talking about an equipment bag or other large case, I'm talking about something that looks exactly like this but fits the wheel or wireless or both

[view_image]

The problem is it won’t look like that it it will be much bigger and will have trouble fitting in your pocket, so may as well call it Osmo for your hand bag lol
2019-1-13
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
Germany

Upscaleman Posted at 1-13 14:48

[view_image]

Keep an eye on EBay as if there is a market someone will do it
2019-1-13
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

The Rev Posted at 1-13 16:23
Keep an eye on EBay as if there is a market someone will do it

If there's a market I'll do it.
2019-1-13
Use props
nlam514
lvl.2
United States

Yes. I will.
2019-1-13
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

awesome
2019-1-14
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

3. Since I intend to get the expansion kit. Good to have different options.
2019-1-14
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

I'd love one like the original but that can hold ND filters. They are the accessory that I will take with me the most and add little space, but a way to carry them on/in the case to use when out and about would be awesome.
2019-1-14
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

aliexpress.com dealers sell a lot of cases for OP and accesoires from 17x13x7 cm up to 22x16x6 cm
prices from € 3.50 to € 10

2019-1-14
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Cameleon Posted at 1-14 03:22
I'd love one like the original but that can hold ND filters. They are the accessory that I will take with me the most and add little space, but a way to carry them on/in the case to use when out and about would be awesome.

Excellent idea.  Thanks!
2019-1-14
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

BeterBan Posted at 1-14 05:01
aliexpress.com dealers sell a lot of cases for OP and accesoires from 17x13x7 cm up to 22x16x6 cm

This is what Post Number 6, above, says:

"For clarity, I'm not talking about an equipment bag or other large case, I'm talking about something that looks exactly like this but fits the wheel or wireless or both"

2019-1-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Upscaleman Posted at 1-14 09:07
This is what Post Number 6, above, says:

"For clarity, I'm not talking about an equipment bag or other large case, I'm talking about something that looks exactly like this but fits the wheel or wireless or both"

I think you might also be missing the point, if a case was made to hold both wheel and Bluetooth WiFi , it would no longer be pocket size , so the case your looking for may have the effect of defeating the purpose of having a truly perfect fit for your pocket, I don’t believe dji will sell what you are looking for, but maybe you might see aftermarket manufacturers design something close to what your looking for.
2019-1-14
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-14 09:15
I think you might also be missing the point, if a case was made to hold both wheel and Bluetooth WiFi , it would no longer be pocket size , so the case your looking for may have the effect of defeating the purpose of having a truly perfect fit for your pocket, I don’t believe dji will sell what you are looking for, but maybe you might see aftermarket manufacturers design something close to what your looking for.

So, you think that adding a case that holds the wireless module isn't pocket size?   Are you 3'8'?  Any normal human could fit that in a pocket.

You keep shoveling it.....
2019-1-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Upscaleman Posted at 1-14 09:48
So, you think that adding a case that holds the wireless module isn't pocket size?   Are you 3'8'?  Any normal human could fit that in a pocket.

You keep shoveling it.....

I don’t thing height comes into it a Pocket is a pocket and if you continue to make the case bigger then it won’t ever be as comfortable as it is now in your pocket.

For instance when we see the release of the charge cylinder which holds accessories will you need a bigger case for that, like I said I’m sure third parties will design a case that meets your needs.

2019-1-14
Use props
steve1975i
lvl.4
Flight distance : 161847 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How about this OP?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-Storage-Bag-for-DJI-OSMO-POCKET-Camera-Protective-Carrying-Case-Boxes/163483182853?hash=item26105b6705:g:5aQAAOSw7HhcOaM1
2019-1-14
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

You gonna fit that into your pocket?
2019-1-14
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Am I the only one who reads all the comments?
2019-1-14
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-14 10:06
I don’t thing height comes into it a Pocket is a pocket and if you continue to make the case bigger then it won’t ever be as comfortable as it is now in your pocket.

For instance when we see the release of the charge cylinder which holds accessories will you need a bigger case for that, like I said I’m sure third parties will design a case that meets your needs.

You don't need a case for the charge case because IT IS a case.  Oh, that monster won't fit in your pocket either.
2019-1-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Upscaleman Posted at 1-14 10:33
You don't need a case for the charge case because IT IS a case.  Oh, that monster won't fit in your pocket either.

Exactly your right, so don’t be trying to make it bigger without conceding that it may no longer fit in your pocket comfortably.
Others are trying to give you alternatives for carrying your accessories with your OP.
2019-1-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BeterBan Posted at 1-14 05:01

Nice cases, thanks for posting.
2019-1-14
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

My apologies for being harsh today....the day is off to a bad start.

I am trying to design a new case.  Thank you for your feedback.  I am simply trying to poll what the OP owners would like, or if they would like anything at all.

If a new case is not for you, that's great.  The world should be full of individual choice.  Please simply vote "no."
2019-1-14
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

time to bump
2019-1-14
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

Anyone seen this case on amazon.co.uk or amazon.de (shipping to Sweden)? I can find the larger case (few posts above), but not this smaller one.

2019-1-15
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

cgbrian.com Posted at 1-15 12:00
I found it interesting that I was charging the OP in its case via the whole cut for it... I then wanted to plug it into my computer to retrieve the data afterwards but NOPE.. You cant... you have to power the OP on which causes it to go through its articulation process.. then select connect to PC.. then it just kinda goes limp into a random position... U then just have to place it on the table carefully... wish there was a way to simply plug the device in while in its case vs having to put it on the table laying down and all

Wouldn't it be faster just to remove the MicroSD card and insert it into the PC
2019-1-16
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

cgbrian.com Posted at 1-16 14:14
yes.. with the way it currently works

I ordered the gimbal protector from PgyTech and I'm going to use that when I have accessories attached since it will protect the gimbal which is the most fragile part of the OP.
2019-1-16
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Thank you for your input and, more importantly, being the person who actually gets it.
2019-1-16
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

Ditto on a case that would allow the control wheel to be stored away while still attached to the OP. I would only really use the wireless model when dialing Pro Mode settings or using timelapse. Don’t really see the use to have it permanently attached to the OP at all times. I’m going on vacation in a few weeks and been trying to find a way to safely store the OP with the control wheel attached while still easily accessible if I want to capture something quickly.
2019-1-16
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

anyone else?
2019-1-17
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3
United States

Upscaleman Posted at 1-17 12:48
anyone else?

You have have a design in mind already? Hopefully it’s as soft as the DJI case as well. I like the sturdiness of it without feeling like it would be rough against the OP.
2019-1-17
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Trying to get that worked out with my Chinese manufacturers.
2019-1-17
Use props
Essjay
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 1-16 15:55
I ordered the gimbal protector from PgyTech and I'm going to use that when I have accessories attached since it will protect the gimbal which is the most fragile part of the OP.

I looked at the gimbal protector, but I wonder what would be the effect on the gimbal motors or battery if you accidentally switched the camera on with the protector in place?
Can’t be good surely?
2019-1-18
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Essjay Posted at 1-18 10:01
I looked at the gimbal protector, but I wonder what would be the effect on the gimbal motors or battery if you accidentally switched the camera on with the protector in place?
Can’t be good surely?

The OP is able to detect if there is a problem with the gimbal not being able to move as shown in this thread. It won't try to move until you press reset button the screen on the prompt (to prevent burning the motor). The battery might be a different story but just charge it I suppose.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-175400-1-2.html
2019-1-18
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

theprisoner6666 Posted at 1-13 14:41
I personally wouldn’t buy a case like this. If I used the wireless module it would only be for the occasional time lapse, so I wouldn’t leave it connected to the OP anyway. As for the controller wheel, again, I’d sooner just use follow mode and the pan feature on the phone via the wireless module on a tripod if I wanted a really smooth pan. To me, the extra accessories are taking away the portability of the device, which defies the point of its design. We may as well call it the Osmo Rucksack!

2019-1-19
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Thank you for your input.
2019-1-19
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

bump again