Black Screen of Doom!!
1241 11 2019-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LiveWildMedia
New
United States

Hey everyone. Hoping for a little assistance. I have a Mavic Pro, and just picked up a Samsung Galaxy Tab A to use to run the DJI go app. When I connect everything up, start up the drone, etc. All I get is a black screen. It has all the data overlays, like the map, image/video controls etc. but doesn't show what the camera is seeing. (see attached photo) Anyone else have this problem? If so, what did you do to correct it? I did connect my old device (apple iPod) to make sure the drone is functioning right, and it is. The drone does record images/photos, but I'm sorta flying blind, and can't tell what I'm filming.

Thanks in advanced.
IMG_0371_sm.jpg
2019-1-13
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Had similar issue with my phone , almost exact. It turned out my phone was not compadable with the go4 app. It showed what yours does but that was it. Try borrowing a friend or family I phone  or pad and load app and try out. Hope this little info is helpful.
Cheers
2019-1-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nope, but it is worrying, since I'm investigating a Samsung Tab S3 as a possible new device.
(iPhone SE now)
2019-1-13
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Try installing a much much older version of the DJI go 4 app, then it should work.
Black screen means that your device is not powerful enough to run the latest app version.

Fly safely
Alex
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day LiveWildMedia. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the  DJI Go 4 application using your Samsung Galaxy Tab A device. Have you tried to use a different mobile device that is recommended for your DJI Mavic Pro? Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Tab A will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Go 4 application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2019-1-14
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Tab A doesnt seem to support dji 3 or 4 app?
Screenshot_20190114-165614_Samsung Internet.jpg
2019-1-14
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
United Kingdom

List here...i went for Huawie t3 media good price works perfectly.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18
2019-1-14
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

Gazmg Posted at 1-14 08:58
List here...i went for Huawie t3 media good price works perfectly.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18

Yes I was worried also when I been flying on my Android for 2 years and then no more same black screen. Still have phone but going to go iOS instead. Been Flying on iPad instead for now and have not looked back. You can get pretty decent pad used for not too much
2019-1-14
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
United Kingdom

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 1-14 13:43
Yes I was worried also when I been flying on my Android for 2 years and then no more same black screen. Still have phone but going to go iOS instead. Been Flying on iPad instead for now and have not looked back. You can get pretty decent pad used for not too much

Does the i pad well any of them charge via remote control ? as Android does....
2019-1-15
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use both an iPad mini2 and Nvidia Shield for my Mavic Pro and P4P and both perform well but give the nod to the Shield. You can't buy these anymore
2019-1-15
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

Gazmg Posted at 1-15 11:04

To be honest I don’t think so , but with my Android when I used it or pad , both would last the 3 batts I have so it didn’t matter to me about that. I think it shows like it’s charging just cause another kind of device is plugged in but it really doesn’t do anything ?
2019-1-15
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

Gazmg Posted at 1-15 11:04

To be honest I don’t think so , but with my Android when I used it or pad , both would last the 3 batts I have so it didn’t matter to me about that. I think it shows like it’s charging just cause another kind of device is plugged in but it really doesn’t do anything ?
2019-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules