Inspire Dual remote control, how it works?
4042 3 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Federico e Luca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1258780 ft
France

I was wondering about Dual Remote control of Inspire 2.
I looked for videos and demos on youtube without success. No video shows clearly 'how to control', so I try to summarize my curiosities in the following questions, hoping that someone that currently use this feature could answer:

• I single remote control mode, flight is controlled with sticks and camera with rotating wheel in front of remote controller like in the Phantom 4? But in the Inspire camera can also rotate not only tilt, so there are 2 control wheels? (and is there another one for FPV one tilt?)
  • In this mode, to manually orbit around a subject, how to do this? In Phantom 4 I have to combine translate and rotation of entire drone to circle around but in Inspire, what is the correct procedure?
  • In case of DUAL remote controller, how to split controls between two remote controller? I think that obviously one remote control flight with sticks but its camera controls are disabled? And second remote controller how control camera movemente, with sticks (now linked to camera and not to flight controls) or with wheels, so its sticks are disabled?

I searched for this answers on youtube without success, I hope that you could satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks

2019-1-14
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Hey, so -

1) operating the drone with 1 remote works the very same as with the phantom 4, you can change the direction of the camera compared to the aircraft by pressing a combination of buttons, or by holding and dragging on your screen (phone or ipad plugged into the controller), but generally you'll have the drone facing the same direction as the camera unless you're doing stuff with spotlight mode (draw around a subject and the camera trys to track it)

2) manual orbits work the same as the phantom's. I guess the one difference is you can change the camera options from "follow" (works like the phantom - the camera follows the direction of the drone) to "free", in which case the camera will point in the direction you set, regardless of the way the drone faces. The "free" mode would make doing a manual orbit with only 1 controller very very hard.

3) with dual controllers, the main controller will have full control over the drone's flight. theres a button you can press on your screen to then allow the second controller to take control of the camera. its fairly straight forwards. its been a while since ive done dual controller flights, but i think the main controller then looses the ability to control the camera until you press the button again to disconnect the second controller.

as for what way the second controller operates to move the camera, you can actually set different buttons to do different things. the default way tho is that it uses one of the joysticks on the controller to change the pitch of the camera, and the other joystick to control the yaw. you can put both of those movements onto one stick if you like, but i havent done it. its actually quite a good system.
2019-1-14
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Adding to what Mike said above, I wouldn't rely too much on FPV camera due to it's mediocre quality. It will barely show where Inspire is heading on, and tilting may eliminate the whole purpose of FPV.
Said that, you have POI mode finally included in Go 4 app fo Inspire 2. It works flawlessly, By all means try to avoid manual orbiting with gimbal in Free mode, it's very disorienting and may be catastrophic. Always Follow mode. Finally dual RC operation is much more effective, allowing camera operator to move gimbal freely around. Naturally pilot must rely on FPV only, and this is not the best scenario unfortunately. Myself I'm ignoring DJI FPV entirely as rather useless feature due to image quality, piloting Inspire 2 in dual RC configuration in close proximity only and by VLOS.
2019-1-14
Use props
Federico e Luca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1258780 ft
France

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-14 16:00
Adding to what Mike said above, I wouldn't rely too much on FPV camera due to it's mediocre quality. It will barely show where Inspire is heading on, and tilting may eliminate the whole purpose of FPV.
Said that, you have POI mode finally included in Go 4 app fo Inspire 2. It works flawlessly, By all means try to avoid manual orbiting with gimbal in Free mode, it's very disorienting and may be catastrophic. Always Follow mode. Finally dual RC operation is much more effective, allowing camera operator to move gimbal freely around. Naturally pilot must rely on FPV only, and this is not the best scenario unfortunately. Myself I'm ignoring DJI FPV entirely as rather useless feature due to image quality, piloting Inspire 2 in dual RC configuration in close proximity only and by VLOS.

Thanks guys for your answers!

But.. during dual operation mode, both remote controllers shows both cameraa in PIP? or maybe only pilot can see both of them or each remote controller shows only "its" camera?
2019-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules