Canon 7d
5823 8 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MTuccillo84
lvl.2
United States

Hey I know you guys are still in development for canon functionality but I just wanted to know where things stand with the eos 7d. I purchased this gimbal in hopes of using the focus wheel with it as the 7d does not have dual pixel af. Any help would be appreciated.
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi MTuccillo84, thanks for your support to DJI, Canon 7D series can be physically balanced and stabilized by Ronin-S, our engineers are still looking into possibilities to bring more features, please note our website of the future update. Thank you. GTScreenshot_20190115_140837.png
2019-1-14
Use props
Pzooky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377382 ft
United Kingdom

Yep same here, got the wrong idea and was told it would work with 7D, oops just bought the Ronin-s as well, now no way of controlling focus. Got to say though, nice bit of kit this Ronin-s.
2019-6-9
Use props
Pzooky
lvl.3
United Kingdom

First bit sorted, if I've got it right?

Ronin-S Focus Motor
https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-focus-motor

Now just for the Remote Control to start and stop recording.

2019-6-9
Use props
Pzooky
lvl.3
United Kingdom

So I've got myself a cable thinking it may work in some way and nothing. Is this down to an update in firmware or am I not doing something right? If firmware do we have any news on when that may be?

Thanks.

2019-7-17
Use props
Pzooky
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Update, got the IR cable working, was just down to a setting in the phone app
2019-7-24
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 848038 ft
Canada

Pzooky Posted at 7-24 11:48
Update, got the IR cable working, was just down to a setting in the phone app

How did you figure out the settings? Can you do a walk through? I like it to work with 77D with the IR cable but not sure if my settings on the camera or phone?
2019-7-24
Use props
Pzooky
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I read it on here about changing the settings in the phone app, go into creative mode and it's in there, I'm at work at the moment, so can't find the correct way to do it. Turn off Ronin and attach the ir cable, switch on ronin, then go into phone app and creative mode. There is a setting in there for different cameras. If stuck let me know and I'll do a vid when I get back home
2019-7-25
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Pzooky Posted at 2019-7-25 05:35
I read it on here about changing the settings in the phone app, go into creative mode and it's in there, I'm at work at the moment, so can't find the correct way to do it. Turn off Ronin and attach the ir cable, switch on ronin, then go into phone app and creative mode. There is a setting in there for different cameras. If stuck let me know and I'll do a vid when I get back home
Hello with almost 2 years late I will be interested in a video of the Ronin S with the Canon 7D. I want to buy a Ronin S but I'm afraid it doesn't work properly with the 7D. Thank you
2021-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules