Litchi on a P4PV2 Plus display, no connection, please help
7973 34 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ego^pFe
lvl.2
Italy

Hi folks,
I have a little problem and I hope that you, more experienced than me, can help me.
I have the latest firmware on a brand new GL300K and I can't figure out how to get Litchi "connected" to the P4Pv2+

I do this steps:
- I boot the controller, install from browser Amazon Store
- installed from the store Litchi
- Connected the USB Cable

... nothing happens, no window asking me which default app to use...
I reboot leaving the cable connected... the same... no windows asking me which default app to use.
I tried multiple usb cables and enabling and disabling USB Debugging... nothing...

Litchi starts but does not connect to the drone.
It looks like that recognizes the usb connection like a pen drive, the only thing I see it's the message "USB connected, tap to copy files from/to your computer"

Any help will be strongly appreciated...

Thank you in advance

Federico
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Federico. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue. We do not recommend using 3rd part applications on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0. Like the Litchi application for compatibility and reliability purposes. Actually, there is a possibility that the Litchi application will be able work on the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said application if it will work all the time with no issues while using the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0. Please use the DJI Go 4 application on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0. Thank you.

2019-1-14
Use props
Ego^pFe
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-14 08:28
Hello and good day Federico. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue. We do not recommend using 3rd part applications on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0. Like the Litchi application for compatibility and reliability purposes. Actually, there is a possibility that the Litchi application will be able work on the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said application if it will work all the time with no issues while using the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0. Please use the DJI Go 4 application on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0. Thank you.

Dear Stephen,
I know, but the problem right know is not related strictly to Litchi, it's related to the Android DJI loads on the screen of GL300K.
It's important for me to understand how to make pop up the window to choose what app to use which USB connection as soon as I plug the USB Cable.

this has nothing to do with Litchi,  this is a DJI Issue.
2019-1-14
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Federico,

You are right, it is not a Litchi problem, it is a DJI design.  The GL300K remote controller does not use an external USB cable.  The cable is built in between the 5.5 inch screen and the remote controller.

Try the start-up again, but this time unplug the USB cable completely.  If it does not work, then you may have a problem with Litchi.  I am not sure about the new P4 Pro V2+, but earlier + (plus) versions of the Phantom had problems with Litchi.  The CrystalSky versions of the Phantom 4 Series were able to work out the Litchi problem though as far as I can remember.

You might want to go to the Litchi web site on a computer and see what versions of the Phantom Litchi is compatable with.  So far, I got - Litchi is compatible with: Mavic 2 (Zoom/Pro), Mavic (Air/Pro), Phantom 4 (Standard/Advanced/Pro/ProV2), Phantom 3 (Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional), Inspire 1 (X3/Z3/Pro/RAW), Inspire 2 and Spark.

None of the + (plus) versions are listed.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-1-15
Use props
Ego^pFe
lvl.2
Italy

it seems that DJI wants to lose a lot of customers acting in this way removing the ability of use third party apps :-)
by the way, Do you know if is possible to switch remote?
Maybe I can sell this unuseful GL300K on ebay and buy... which model? GL300E ? Cause V2 has OcuSync...
So I can start again using an external smartphone and third party apps...

thank you in advance

Federico
2019-1-15
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Cetacean Posted at 1-15 01:53
Aloha Federico,

You are right, it is not a Litchi problem, it is a DJI design.  The GL300K remote controller does not use an external USB cable.  The cable is built in between the 5.5 inch screen and the remote controller.

My P4P+ v1.0 works just fine  - https://flylitchi.com/crystalsky (How to install Litchi on DJI monitors (CrystalSky, Phantom 4 Adv/Pro RC with Screen) .
2019-1-15
Use props
Ego^pFe
lvl.2
Italy

P4P+_Brazil Posted at 1-15 02:06
My P4P+ v1.0 works just fine  - https://flylitchi.com/crystalsky (How to install Litchi on DJI monitors (CrystalSky, Phantom 4 Adv/Pro RC with Screen) .

Hi,
as I told you in PM, V2 is different than V1 :-(
2019-1-15
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Ego^pFe Posted at 1-15 04:00
Hi,
as I told you in PM, V2 is different than V1 :-(

Yep.
2019-1-15
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ego^pFe Posted at 1-15 02:04
it seems that DJI wants to lose a lot of customers acting in this way removing the ability of use third party apps :-)
by the way, Do you know if is possible to switch remote?
Maybe I can sell this unuseful GL300K on ebay and buy... which model? GL300E ? Cause V2 has OcuSync...

Aloha Federico,

Yes, that is not a problem.  Even my CrystalSky rig is interchangeable with my nVidia Shield K1 system.  That way, I can use Litchi on my nVidia Shield K1 with other flight systems.  (BTW, it is much sturdier but heavier.)

The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Remote Controller (GL300L) is sold by the DJI Store for USD $319.  Right now it is out of stock though.  Many DJI customers have done as you are suggesting (apparently more so right after Christmas).  You can use the availability notification above the "Out of Stock" notice.  I use it regularly and it is quite prompt.

https://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-pro-v2-remote-controller

Sorry to hear about the problem.  But, DJI and supporting companies do their best to come up with work-arounds to solve problems like you are having.  P4P+_Brazil's use of Litchi originally had problems until Litchi and DJI worked out the solution that he uses.

DJI is expanding the OcuSync flight interface and has a new remote control for the Mavic series.  So, DJI is still working on it.  Hopefully, DJI will solve y our problem like they did P4P+_Brazil's problem.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-1-15
Use props
Ego^pFe
lvl.2
Italy

I hope so, and I strongly suggest DJI so.
Because since you put in the market a product, when you insert some limitation, not only the fact that, right now, it is not possible to use 3rd party apps on the screen to control the drone, which Litchi is only an example, but the fact you CANNOT USE an external smartphone anymore...
I think that you MUST say this the consumers, they have to take the correct decision with all the infromations.

if I had known it before, I would never bought the V2 PLUS, but the normal V2.

2019-1-16
Use props
Drone998
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266818 ft
Poland

On the website flylitchi.com/crystalsky in step 4 it is written:
"By default, Litchi's in-app warning messages are disabled on DJI monitors, so make sure to enable them by going into your DJI monitor 'Settings -> Apps -> Swipe left to see All apps -> Litchi', then check 'Show notifications'
Did you do this step?
2019-1-24
Use props
Ego^pFe
lvl.2
Italy

Drone998 Posted at 1-24 06:22
On the website flylitchi.com/crystalsky in step 4 it is written:
"By default, Litchi's in-app warning messages are disabled on DJI monitors, so make sure to enable them by going into your DJI monitor 'Settings -> Apps -> Swipe left to see All apps -> Litchi', then check 'Show notifications'
Did you do this step?

Sure,
but the GL300K (V2 plus remote) has a different way to manage the USB connection.
In V1 you can make the "loop" as on CystalSky, on V2 seems that USB is only for external storage connection, like an usb pen.
Infact the only way that the pop up asking for which app to use when you plug the usb cable is when you install apps like ES Explorer... so to manage files...
2019-1-24
Use props
Drone998
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266818 ft
Poland

Ok, I understand that you are talking about this method:
But here it is another, more dangerous method:

The first one don't work on GL300K, maybe the second will help.
And here it is a problem, what will happen to your warranty?
2019-1-24
Use props
Ego^pFe
lvl.2
Italy

Drone998 Posted at 1-24 08:22
Ok, I understand that you are talking about this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UCF5PFb0YM
But here it is another, more dangerous method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=425BTow9XHM

Dear Drone998,
thank you for your answer, none of that modes are dangerous since you can reset to factory default whenever your want.

The problem seems to be the differences in USB connection between the GL300E and GL300K.
The first has the ability to transfer data about drone status via USB, so Litchi can connect.
The second no, it seems that the USB connection is ONLY for storage data transfer (Ex. you can connect an USB pen drive to move/copy video and images).

So I think that we've to wait that Litchi developers find a solution or DJI releases a correct SDK for GL300K.

In my opinion it's a shame that on GL300K (which is a silly Android Lollipop OS) you can't use 3rd party apps... this means that the PLUS version is totally unuseful.

2019-1-25
Use props
Ego^pFe
lvl.2
Italy

Drone998 Posted at 1-24 08:22
Ok, I understand that you are talking about this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UCF5PFb0YM
But here it is another, more dangerous method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=425BTow9XHM

Dear Drone998,
thank you for your answer, none of that modes are dangerous since you can reset to factory default whenever your want.

The problem seems to be the differences in USB connection between the GL300E and GL300K.
The first has the ability to transfer data about drone status via USB, so Litchi can connect.
The second no, it seems that the USB connection is ONLY for storage data transfer (Ex. you can connect an USB pen drive to move/copy video and images).

So I think that we've to wait that Litchi developers find a solution or DJI releases a correct SDK for GL300K.

In my opinion it's a shame that on GL300K (which is a silly Android Lollipop OS) you can't use 3rd party apps... this means that the PLUS version is totally unuseful.
2019-1-25
Use props
rick.ehlert.nz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194029 ft
United States

Ego^pFe Posted at 2019-1-25 03:20
Dear Drone998,

Federico,

I agree with you... how silly is it to have a product that can't install 3rd party apps... for some reason, which my feeble mind can't comprehend, DJI is hiding behind a stupid as marketing strategy that doesn't promote sales, rather quite the opposite.

It's been some time since you posted this... have you found a solution yet?

Rick
another owner of the beautiful white P4P+V2 controller paperweight
2020-12-4
Use props
Gladsaxe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23927 ft
Denmark

rick.ehlert.nz@ Posted at 2020-12-4 11:28
Federico,

I agree with you... how silly is it to have a product that can't install 3rd party apps... for some reason, which my feeble mind can't comprehend, DJI is hiding behind a stupid as marketing strategy that doesn't promote sales, rather quite the opposite.

I got the same problem, and still haven't found any solution.
It is useless as it is not possible to make a flight plane and only manuel flying is possible. Dji did not inform about that in their marketing of this drone.
No one have bought the V2.0 plus model if that was informed.

I really hope Dji come up with a solution very soon!

Dji's own flight planning products are also not available for the P4P V2.0.

For now it is a totally wast of money and xero stars to Dji.

2021-6-17
Use props
Borrevang
New

Denmark

Gladsaxe Posted at 6-17 20:40
I got the same problem, and still haven't found any solution.
It is useless as it is not possible to make a flight plane and only manuel flying is possible. Dji did not inform about that in their marketing of this drone.
No one have bought the V2.0 plus model if that was informed.

hi
Thats true about dji's pilot app not working either. it's also a issue for me, as i should have been using the drone for mapping.
What if you use a crossover-cable instead of a usb-datacable?
And can i be able to use a tablet instead by wire it to the controller.

do any of you have discovered any news about the topic
2021-7-20
Use props
Gladsaxe
lvl.2
Denmark

Borrevang Posted at 7-20 23:46
hi
Thats true about dji's pilot app not working either. it's also a issue for me, as i should have been using the drone for mapping.
What if you use a crossover-cable instead of a usb-datacable?

Sadly, no new as I know about, and now answers from Dji on this aspect.
The crossover cable won't work on this version. It seems like Dji have change something with the usb, as it doesn’t work with data anymore.
I hope Dji very soon will add an update to solve the problem, so it will be possible to use other apps including Dji's own planning app.

2021-7-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Gladsaxe Posted at 7-21 00:56
Sadly, no new as I know about, and now answers from Dji on this aspect.
The crossover cable won't work on this version. It seems like Dji have change something with the usb, as it doesn’t work with data anymore.
I hope Dji very soon will add an update to solve the problem, so it will be possible to use other apps including Dji's own planning app.

It's always been the case with the plus model.
You didn't do any research before you bought it, but you blame DJI?
Just find a regular controller and load all the 3rd party apps you want to.
2021-7-21
Use props
Gladsaxe
lvl.2
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 7-21 05:13
It's always been the case with the plus model.
You didn't do any research before you bought it, but you blame DJI?
Just find a regular controller and load all the 3rd party apps you want to.

Actually, the first version of P4 plus do accept using 3rd party apps, but the 2.0 version do not.
I have not seen anything about that change in the setup for the 2.0 version, which should have been informed by DJI in my opinion.
The regular controllers for 2.0 is out of stock, so it's not a option
2021-7-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Gladsaxe Posted at 7-27 22:40
Actually, the first version of P4 plus do accept using 3rd party apps, but the 2.0 version do not.
I have not seen anything about that change in the setup for the 2.0 version, which should have been informed by DJI in my opinion.
The regular controllers for 2.0 is out of stock, so it's not a option

That's odd because ever since the release of the original P4 pro nearly 5 years ago, owners have been complaining that they cannot install 3rd party apps.
I don't believe there was any change between the original and V2.0 in this respect.

The regular controllers for 2.0 is out of stock, so it's not a option.

You could check ebay, etc and find someone who has lost their drone and is selling the controller.
2021-7-28
Use props
Gladsaxe
lvl.2
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 7-28 00:17
That's odd because ever since the release of the original P4 pro nearly 5 years ago, owners have been complaining that they cannot install 3rd party apps.
I don't believe there was any change between the original and V2.0 in this respect.

It is possible to install Litchi on both versions, but it's not possible to get connection from the controller to the drone on version. 2.0. The GL300K controller used on v2.0. is made different and won’t give you access to the 3rd party apps connecting with the drone.
I guess an update from DJI could solve the problem, but so far, no answers/response.

On this Youtube link it is explained how to install both Litchi and PixD4 which works on the first version of P4P Plus. I have tried this on v2.0 GL300K, but I can't connect to the drone from the controller.

2021-8-4
Use props
Egor39
lvl.2
Flight distance : 712320 ft
Russia

I have the same problem. I was able to connect Lithi to DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus V2.0. After connecting the USB port to the MicroUSB in the blind, I clicked on "connect USB debugging" or something like that. True, when USB debugging is enabled, there are no home-made missions in the saved ones. If you turn off USB debugging, it appears, but there is no longer communication with the drone. If, with USB debugging disabled, you open a mission and then re-enable USB debugging, you may be able to fly. While I was trying to create a mission right on the spot, everything worked out, the drone completed the mission and flew. What do you think about all this?
2021-8-27
Use props
Gladsaxe
lvl.2
Denmark

Egor39 Posted at 8-27 06:50
I have the same problem. I was able to connect Lithi to DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus V2.0. After connecting the USB port to the MicroUSB in the blind, I clicked on "connect USB debugging" or something like that. True, when USB debugging is enabled, there are no home-made missions in the saved ones. If you turn off USB debugging, it appears, but there is no longer communication with the drone. If, with USB debugging disabled, you open a mission and then re-enable USB debugging, you may be able to fly. While I was trying to create a mission right on the spot, everything worked out, the drone completed the mission and flew. What do you think about all this?

Hi Egor39
I will try this solution next week. If it is how to get access to the drone with Litchi, it will be the first break thought with P4P plus v.2.0 I guess.
Thank you for the advise :-)
2021-9-1
Use props
Egor39
lvl.2
Russia

Gladsaxe Posted at 9-1 22:42
Hi Egor39
I will try this solution next week. If it is how to get access to the drone with Litchi, it will be the first break thought with P4P plus v.2.0 I guess.

Hi. You have probably been aware of this problem for a long time and have studied it enough. But just in case, I will say that according to the recommendation of this video https://youtu.be/5UCF5PFb0YM developer mode is enabled. I suppose only in this case it will be possible to enable USB debugging mode
2021-9-5
Use props
Egor39
lvl.2
Russia

Gladsaxe Posted at 9-1 22:42
Hi Egor39

Добрый день Gladsaxe. Сегодня провел ряд домашних экспериментов, возможно мой опыт будет вам полезен. Как и говорил ранее я запустил Litchi и замкнул кабелем порты USB-microUSB на контролере. В шторке настроек включил отладку по USB включил дрон и он сконектился с контроллером. Но как я уже говорил нет сохраненных миссий. Далее я отсоеденил кабель от обеих портов контроллера ,при этом связь с дроном не пропала. Далее (имитируя потерю связи) я выключил дрон и снова включил контроллер благополучно сконектился с дроном. Потом я закрыл приложение Litchi и сконектился с дроном через Dji Go4, стоить отметить  что все настроийки камеры выполненые в  Litchi отразились в Dji Go4. Далее я закрыл Dji Go4 и снова включил Litchi (без кабеля USB-microUSB) Litchi  уже не конектился с дроном. В результате всех этих экспериментов напрашивается вывод: если сконектить дрон с Litchi открытым мной способом, то потом можно отсоединять кабель и отключать отладку по USB. При этом будут видны все миссии. В реальных условиях испытания проводить пока не решался.
2021-9-6
Use props
Gladsaxe
lvl.2
Denmark

Egor39 Posted at 9-6 05:57
Добрый день Gladsaxe. Сегодня провел ряд домашних экспериментов, возможно мой опыт будет вам полезен. Как и говорил ранее я запустил Litchi и замкнул кабелем порты USB-microUSB на контролере. В шторке настроек включил отладку по USB включил дрон и он сконектился с контроллером. Но как я уже говорил нет сохраненных миссий. Далее я отсоеденил кабель от обеих портов контроллера ,при этом связь с дроном не пропала. Далее (имитируя потерю связи) я выключил дрон и снова включил контроллер благополучно сконектился с дроном. Потом я закрыл приложение Litchi и сконектился с дроном через Dji Go4, стоить отметить  что все настроийки камеры выполненые в  Litchi отразились в Dji Go4. Далее я закрыл Dji Go4 и снова включил Litchi (без кабеля USB-microUSB) Litchi  уже не конектился с дроном. В результате всех этих экспериментов напрашивается вывод: если сконектить дрон с Litchi открытым мной способом, то потом можно отсоединять кабель и отключать отладку по USB. При этом будут видны все миссии. В реальных условиях испытания проводить пока не решался.

Very interesting Egor and thanks for info.
I have now tried your solution and I have also managed to connect the controller with the drone in Litchi after I enable USB debugger in the settings. I could also see my waypoint missions made in the hub.
When I took out the usb cable from the controller, the missions were still available to see and to load, which was a surprise as you could not see them after the cable was taken out.
I will look further into this and test more. The procedure to do it seem to be very important, as I had trouble getting connection the second time I tried. When ready I will also try to make a short fly. I need to get more into the general Litchi settings first.
Thanks again for your input
Gladsaxe.   
2021-9-8
Use props
Gladsaxe
lvl.2
Denmark

Gladsaxe Posted at 9-8 00:42
Very interesting Egor and thanks for info.
I have now tried your solution and I have also managed to connect the controller with the drone in Litchi after I enable USB debugger in the settings. I could also see my waypoint missions made in the hub.
When I took out the usb cable from the controller, the missions were still available to see and to load, which was a surprise as you could not see them after the cable was taken out.

Today I tried to fly waypoints with Litchi with P4P plus v.2.0.
Everything worked fine, so I can confirm Litchi also works on this model, thanks to Egor39 solution. Thanks again for sharing.
2021-9-15
Use props
Egor39
lvl.2
Russia

Gladsaxe Posted at 9-15 00:04
Today I tried to fly waypoints with Litchi with P4P plus v.2.0.
Everything worked fine, so I can confirm Litchi also works on this model, thanks to Egor39 solution. Thanks again for sharing.

Спасибо за эксперименты. Скажите вы летаете с подключенным кабелем? Или отсоеденяете его после конекта с дрона с контроллером?
2021-9-29
Use props
Gladsaxe
lvl.2
Denmark

Egor39 Posted at 9-29 09:45
Спасибо за эксперименты. Скажите вы летаете с подключенным кабелем? Или отсоеденяете его после конекта с дрона с контроллером?

Hi Egor39
The cable was still connected to the controller, when I was flying/Кабель все еще был подключен к контроллеру, когда я летел.

regards
Gladsaxe.

2021-9-30
Use props
Egor39
lvl.2
Russia

Вчера полетал с Litchi с P4P plus v.2.0. Все делал как и писал ранее, только после конекта с дроном отключил USB накопитель (при этом появилось я увидел созданые дома миссии),  Кабель не отключал. При полете между 3 и 4 точками дрон остановился, я предполагаю из-за GPS, потому что полоска была желтой. Я заново запустил с 3 точки. Вообщем первый раз не очень получилось. Может кто подскажет по связи GPS
2021-10-9
Use props
Gladsaxe
lvl.2
Denmark

Egor39 Posted at 2021-10-9 00:35
Вчера полетал с Litchi с P4P plus v.2.0. Все делал как и писал ранее, только после конекта с дроном отключил USB накопитель (при этом появилось я увидел созданые дома миссии),  Кабель не отключал. При полете между 3 и 4 точками дрон остановился, я предполагаю из-за GPS, потому что полоска была желтой. Я заново запустил с 3 точки. Вообщем первый раз не очень получилось. Может кто подскажет по связи GPS

No I have no solutions to your GPS problems
2022-1-30
Use props
gh_au
New

Australia

Is this method still working for all of you? I have a GL300k, enabled developer options (controller settings -> about device -> tap a bunch of times on system version), turned on usb debugging (and Enable view attribute inspection), and still get no popups when I cross-connect the usb on the back. If I click on Select debug app in Developer Options, I just get a popup saying "Select application: nothing". I have both Litchi and pix4d installed and can open them, just can't connect to the drone. I was really hoping the usb debugging would work, since it sounds like you all had some success with it.
Cheers
2023-1-10
Use props
Borrevang
New

Denmark

Hello you all. I think i found the problem. But i could use some help with a solution.

When you turn on usb debugging there is a setting that says" verify apps over usb"

It is NOT able to turn that on. So you have to go to security settings to do something to make it possible to change the usb setting.

bUT the security setting in the Android 5.1.1 is gone?? Can any of you guys find that.
I suspect dji to have hidden it for some reason..
2023-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules