Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Port of miami cruise ships - can i fly?
1037 5 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leafar1988
lvl.1
United States

Hello experts, I am a part 107 holder and I am trying to figure out if I am allowed to fly near the port of miami to take pictures of the cruise ships as they are docked. I checked sky vector maps but im not able to zoom in enough to see specifically. I also checked the air map app and it doesnt look like there are any restrictions to me flying in that specific area. As it is outside the Miami Int'l restricted zone.  Id like to photo them from a distance not directly on top of them. Can anyone help me confirm please?

2019-1-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

As a 107 pilot myself ports are a no no. just outside a restricted zone that should answer your question.

Why risk accidentally flying into that zone and risk not being able to recover your drone. I'm sure

Miami has plenty of legal places to fly.
2019-1-14
Use props
leafar1988
lvl.1
United States

edit - i was able to get a better view of skyvector on the pc and it looks like the area is only  class b from 1500 to 7000 so i answered my own question.
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day leafar1988. Thank you for the inquiry. I will be posting a link where you can check if the the area you wanted to fly your drone is a NFZ or if it is safe to fly your drone. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2019-1-14
Use props
leafar1988
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-14 07:44
Hello and good day leafar1988. Thank you for the inquiry. I will be posting a link where you can check if the the area you wanted to fly your drone is a NFZ or if it is safe to fly your drone. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

Thank you for the link. According to the Fly Safe geo map the area I'd launch from is an "Altitude Zone" with a max altitude of 120ft. That is more then enough for me to go up, snap some shots and come down.  Sky vector also shows that area class b from 1500 to 7000.
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

leafar1988 Posted at 1-14 09:19
Thank you for the link. According to the Fly Safe geo map the area I'd launch from is an "Altitude Zone" with a max altitude of 120ft. That is more then enough for me to go up, snap some shots and come down.  Sky vector also shows that area class b from 1500 to 7000.

You are very much welcome leafar1988 and thank you for the update you have given us. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules