waiting...waiting....waiting...
1153 20 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

It has been menioned before, but it bears repeating: where is CINE video and STORY MODE?

I wouldn't have been as convinced to buy the Osmo Pocket, if DJI didn't market it with these important features. In fact, DJI even prominently displays a "Story Mode" video in its martketing videos! And, I have seen a DJI rep claim on this forum that it would be released with the "next" update. But that was before the last update! So what is going on?

Having bought a Vision 2 plus and a Mavic, I understand how DJI often releases "extras" after they are expected. But these features were marketed so heavily in direct materials and via reported reviews (which DJI then marketed) so it doesn't seem right to not have the actual features on the device. DJI didn't even note that the features weren't actually available, which seems misleading.
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi miamitv, I know we have mentioned and advertised the Story mode and D-Cinelike video and we sincerely apologize for this. However, this was already noted and we want you to know that we are working on it. We will surely keep you posted and this will be available soon in a future app update. Again we appreciate your patience and we appreciate the feedback. Thank you.
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 1-14 15:56
Hi miamitv, I know we have mentioned and advertised the Story mode and D-Cinelike video and we sincerely apologize for this. However, this was already noted and we want you to know that we are working on it. We will surely keep you posted and this will be available soon in a future app update. Again we appreciate your patience and we appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

What I cannot understand is WHY did all the youtubers that help promote the Osmo Pocket not have any issue using these features? If they worked so Amazing, and Fantastic and Game Changing as they noted then why on earth are they not ready for us beta testers?
2019-1-14
Use props
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

Hi miamitv, I know we have mentioned and advertised the Story mode and D-Cinelike video and we sincerely apologize for this. However, this was already noted and we want you to know that we are working on it. We will surely keep you posted and this will be available soon in a future app update. Again we appreciate your patience and we appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

When you say "this was already noted", what do you mean? I didn't see it "noted" anywhere before I bought the product. Are you saying that people should browse the forums before buying your products, to make sure the ads aren't incorrect?
2019-1-14
Use props
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-14 16:00
What I cannot understand is WHY did all the youtubers that help promote the Osmo Pocket not have any issue using these features? If they worked so Amazing, and Fantastic and Game Changing as they noted then why on earth are they not ready for us beta testers?

Great point. Perhaps the you tubers aren't as objective as they appear?
2019-1-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

miamitv Posted at 1-14 16:16
Great point. Perhaps the you tubers aren't as objective as they appear?

I think that is probably right, for me I am and would prefer to wait until these were working as they should and would expect to see them soon, I’m pretty sure the sky won’t fall in , in the meantime.
2019-1-14
Use props
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-14 16:26
I think that is probably right, for me I am and would prefer to wait until these were working as they should and would expect to see them soon, I’m pretty sure the sky won’t fall in , in the meantime.

No, the sky won't fall in, but that is a separate issue. The product should be as advertised. Period.
2019-1-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

miamitv Posted at 1-14 16:36
No, the sky won't fall in, but that is a separate issue. The product should be as advertised. Period.

Nobody is disagreeing with you, but you got your answer it will be here soon, I’m sure you can exercise your rights and get your money back.
2019-1-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

miamitv Posted at 1-14 16:36

Nobody is disagreeing with you, but you got your answer it will be here soon, I’m sure you can exercise your rights and get your money back.
2019-1-14
Use props
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-14 16:42

You don't know enough about my purchase to know whether or not I can get my money back, do you?  And whether or not the product is returned to the seller, the fact remains that the product is not as claimed. How you feel about that, is up to you.
2019-1-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

miamitv Posted at 1-14 16:52
You don't know enough about my purchase to know whether or not I can get my money back, do you?  And whether or not the product is returned to the seller, the fact remains that the product is not as claimed. How you feel about that, is up to you.

To be honest I don’t even know if you own an Osmo Pocket , and I’m not really bothered.
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-14 16:54
To be honest I don’t even know if you own an Osmo Pocket , and I’m not really bothered.

Why do you bother to post, if your not bothered then you strike me as the kind of  forum addict that can’t resist posting just “because”

If it was ready for the youtubers to promote so highly then it’s ready for sale in my opinion. Not one review that had these features enabled has said they are beta testing.....
2019-1-15
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-14 16:00
What I cannot understand is WHY did all the youtubers that help promote the Osmo Pocket not have any issue using these features? If they worked so Amazing, and Fantastic and Game Changing as they noted then why on earth are they not ready for us beta testers?

Not only that, they all seemed to have the attachments that I'm convinced will never be released.
2019-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-15 09:26
Why do you bother to post, if your not bothered then you strike me as the kind of  forum addict that can’t resist posting just “because”

If it was ready for the youtubers to promote so highly then it’s ready for sale in my opinion. Not one review that had these features enabled has said they are beta testing.....

Ok so you think they have not released it why ? As you said it wasn’t been tested it according to you who knows all , then do you think they just don’t want OP users to have it, do you think they would prefer to have the bad publicity, do you think they forgot to include it even though it was on the app as we all were able to see.

Or just maybe it wasn’t working correctly so in order to release the OP on time they decided it needed more work to get it right.

You have your pick of what is likely to have happened what do you think it was ?
2019-1-15
Use props
fansb30d327d
New

United Kingdom

Glad I seen this comment, I’ve just bought the osmo pocked as an upgrade to the osmo 2.
I’ve searched hi and low for answers as to why I couldn’t get the modes advertised. Now I know, no point watching any more videos on how to work them if they are not there.
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-15 09:37
Ok so you think they have not released it why ? As you said it wasn’t been tested it according to you who knows all , then do you think they just don’t want OP users to have it, do you think they would prefer to have the bad publicity, do you think they forgot to include it even though it was on the app as we all were able to see.

Or just maybe it wasn’t working correctly so in order to release the OP on time they decided it needed more work to get it right.

I didn’t say it was not being beta tested I said  the youtubers certainly did NOT disclose they were beta testing and appear baffled as to why they reviewed a different spec model than release. Which leans ME to assume that the product was ready for mass consumption.

You obviously don’t care about those features and that’s fine, for the record I couldn’t care less about the recording beeps. Therefore I do not post any of my opinions in those threads. I would suggest you do the same.

2019-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-15 10:15
I didn’t say it was not being beta tested I said  the youtubers certainly did NOT disclose they were beta testing and appear baffled as to why they reviewed a different spec model than release. Which leans ME to assume that the product was ready for mass consumption.

You obviously don’t care about those features and that’s fine, for the record I couldn’t care less about the recording beeps. Therefore I do not post any of my opinions in those threads. I would suggest you do the same.

This is an open forum I can comment on whatever I wish to comment on, if you bothered to read what I said you would read that I never said I wasn’t bothered regarding features, but rather I wasn’t bothered about whether poster had an OP or not.
I notice you avoided answering the question I asked. You will also read on this forum that Dji have said storyboard will be released in next app update at the end of January, it seems that people keep asking for information but when they get it it’s not enough.
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I didn’t avoid the question I answered it, for the record I think DJI either didn’t expect the issue to be so bad  or didn’t care. I am  sure the feature will come but they have mislead a lot of people and as they dominate the market in so many areas I don’t think there worried in the short term.

As for Story mode they may have thrown in an approximate release but that’s two months to late, and the trust has been damaged for ME as a first time DjI buyer.
I was and probably still will buy a DJI drone if I feel it fills my needs, but at the moment I am looking at alternative brands, not because of this episode but because DJI don’t seem to really care in general until other drone manufacturers catch up.
2019-1-15
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe story mode is in the works to be released in a future update. My take on this subject, is that DJI is making story mode better and making sure that it is right to be released to the public. DJI keep up the good work, I will be here, when story mode is ready for us to use and be happy that I have the ability to own your products.
2019-1-15
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-15
Use props
mavicfun
lvl.1
United States

Hi miamitv, I know we have mentioned and advertised the Story mode and D-Cinelike video and we sincerely apologize for this. However, this was already noted and we want you to know that we are working on it. We will surely keep you posted and this will be available soon in a future app update. Again we appreciate your patience and we appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

So WHEN will this update happen? It is now past the return window for me, and I have imvested in the accessory pack at well.
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules