1445 9 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Recieved my Osmo Pocket expansion kit today and curious as to why DJI would include the Samsung 32Gig Evo Plus sd card with the class rating as a 1 instead of a 3?
Did anyone else notice this, i didnt need the sd card but thought it would at least have the speed rating required.
Wireless stand works perfect and so does the Gimbal wheel.
2019-1-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I did notice as it is shown on the expansion kit order page.  I thought it odd as well but at least this time it is shown 'As Is'
2019-1-15
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

FWIW, the online FAQ (referenced in this forum) says a minimum 'write speed of 20MB' for 4k60fps
[ Q: What SD card should I use with the Osmo Pocket? A: The Osmo Pocket renders high quality 4K60 video and up to 12mp stills, so a minimum write speed of 20MB/s is required. And we recommend using micro SD cards with a write speed of 30MB/s or higher. You could see the micro SD cards we tested via the link: https://store.dji.com/cn/categor ... ?from=menu_products ] which has been contradicted on other links...including the one in the FAQ.  I'll be using mine in my MPro if I see some performance issues.

Causing additonal confusion, the online FAQ under the Support section says 15MB is sufficient !  [  10.What microSD card is recommended for Osmo Pocket?

I'll be using mine in my MPro if I see some performance issues.
2019-1-15
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

WebParrot Posted at 1-15 08:38
FWIW, the online FAQ (referenced in this forum) says a minimum 'write speed of 20MB' for 4k60fps
[ Q: What SD card should I use with the Osmo Pocket? A: The Osmo Pocket renders high quality 4K60 video and up to 12mp stills, so a minimum write speed of 20MB/s is required. And we recommend using micro SD cards with a write speed of 30MB/s or higher. You could see the micro SD cards we tested via the link: https://store.dji.com/cn/categor ... ?from=menu_products ] which has been contradicted on other links...including the one in the FAQ.  I'll be using mine in my MPro if I see some performance issues.

But this is where it gets tricky.  The page the card is shown on, there is an overview of the whole package which says
' Overview

Includes the Controller Wheel, Wireless Module, Accessory Mount, and a 32GB Samsung microSD Card to help you create professional footage.'

Although inferred, it does not state that the card should be used with the Osmo Pocket or even an accompanying phone and the phrase 'to help you create professional footage' is equally vague in advertising terms. It's the same as saying 'This car will help make you a professional rally driver'. It might do but there is a lot more to consider than the car.
I think the additional card is just there from earlier stock over-ordering of a product fast becoming irrelevant in both capacity and speed for current DJI model requirements.
They have 32 gig cards for sale of the correct specifications for the Pocket but are not giving those away :-)
[Edit]

More importantly, it allows them to add the value of the total cost of the package to make the 'saving' appear better than without supplying it.

That's proper advertising!

2019-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-15 09:01
But this is where it gets tricky.  The page the card is shown on, there is an overview of the whole package which says
' Overview

I think they have a serious ex stock of SD cards , before Mavic 1 dji always included an SD card, but now everything they release comes without SD card, I have tried the card it seems to work ok, but because of spec I think I will keep is as a spare.
2019-1-15
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-15 09:23
I think they have a serious ex stock of SD cards , before Mavic 1 dji always included an SD card, but now everything they release comes without SD card, I have tried the card it seems to work ok, but because of spec I think I will keep is as a spare.

I'm just glad to see someone finally got a hold of the expansion kit.  I was convinced they didn't exist.
2019-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

WayneMHK Posted at 1-15 09:35
I'm just glad to see someone finally got a hold of the expansion kit.  I was convinced they didn't exist.

They were released 10 days ago.
2019-1-15
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

WebParrot Posted at 1-15 08:38
FWIW, the online FAQ (referenced in this forum) says a minimum 'write speed of 20MB' for 4k60fps
[ Q: What SD card should I use with the Osmo Pocket? A: The Osmo Pocket renders high quality 4K60 video and up to 12mp stills, so a minimum write speed of 20MB/s is required. And we recommend using micro SD cards with a write speed of 30MB/s or higher. You could see the micro SD cards we tested via the link: https://store.dji.com/cn/categor ... ?from=menu_products ] which has been contradicted on other links...including the one in the FAQ.  I'll be using mine in my MPro if I see some performance issues.

All my microSD cards work well with 4K/60fps.

2019-1-16
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fedex just delivered mine, will have to check it out.
2019-1-16
Use props
dewarner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87536 ft
United States

I ordered the Expansion Kit last week, and it was scheduled be delivered by FedEx this coming Monday, 1/28/19.  Today, FedEx has a message on their tracking site that I have never seen before.   It essentially says that Toxic Control Act Certification is required and that the package is pending in Customs.  They emailed me a form on which I must certify that what is in the package does not violate regulations.  They seemed to think there must be some sort of liquid in the package.  I told them the contents are only parts for a small camera.  I am now waiting to hear back from FedEx for them to tell me to whom to email the completed certification.  They said either I could do the certification or the sender (DJI) would have to.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening before?  If so, how long did it take to get resolved?

Thanks -
2019-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules