Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My PolarPro - Cinema Series filters arrived today (1/14/19)
824 13 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobCass
Second Officer
United States

Vivid Collection | Cinema Series | Osmo Pocket Was not supposed to get till Jan 20th, but came today early US. Feel good and I like they way they attach (magnetic) and are faster to get on/off than the Saprk version (which is not megnetic). Comes with the case, three filters (ND4/PL, ND8/PL, ND16/PL filters), cleaning cloth and a few info cards. I started doing an unboxing video, but since it is not expected to the sunny in the midwest for a few days, I am honding off till I can test the physical filters.

Front

Front
IMG_0381 (1).jpg
IMG_0384 (1).jpg
2019-1-14
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great to know that, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-15
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1142894 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

We also ordered our pocket nd filters from polar pro. 5 day delivery from ordering to popping through our mail box. You can't fault polar pro, every filter we've bought (and we've bought a few) has been exceptional quality and delivered quickly. Top marks for Polar Pro.
2019-1-15
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86220 ft
United States

I am trying to decide if I can get by with just the vivid collection.  I like being able to dial in polarization when needed but don't want to be impacted when it's not needed.  I am very familiar with the use off polarizers and stills photography and I can go all day with a polarizer and not have it impact all of my shooting since I can dial it down when necessary.  is this any different with video? Is there a need to have a set of filters with polarizer vs. no PL?  
2019-1-15
Use props
hedac
Second Officer
Spain

I think polarized filters are good for photography and not polarized filters for video. Because if you change the direction of the camera the light is now different and it can make strange effects like ghost reflections, colour saturation changes etc.
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hedac Posted at 1-15 08:35
I think polarized filters are good for photography and not polarized filters for video. Because if you change the direction of the camera the light is now different and it can make strange effects like ghost reflections, colour saturation changes etc.

Damn it, i pre ordered  the full PolarPro cinema kit and it’s yet to ship, ( I am in the UK I ordered through Amazon)
2019-1-15
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1142894 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-15 09:19
Damn it, i pre ordered  the full PolarPro cinema kit and it’s yet to ship, ( I am in the UK I ordered through Amazon)

Yeah I looked at Amazon as well but ordered direct from polar pro in the end. From past experience cant fault them, fast reliable and guaranteed authentic. Delighted with the service.
2019-1-15
Use props
hedac
Second Officer
Spain

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-15 09:19

but don't worry.. PL filters can also be good for video if you don't rotate the camera too much, adjusting the filter each scene to the optimal position. for some scenes where you want more contrast and saturation in the sky or to eliminate reflections on the water... it is good.  with PL filters you can get an image that you cannot replicate otherwise.
2019-1-16
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have (and will be returning) the set of PolarPro Cinema Series Vivid Collection (CPL's) I have been using for the past week or so.  During several 3x3 Panorama shots, the edges of the CPL ring is visible in the photo.  Video, not so much.  The CPL ring feels very loose.  Another issue I have with the PolarPro's is that the neutral marker (notch) on the CPL is barely visible.    I just received a set of FREEWELL filters and the one CPL it has seems tighter and has a very visible neutral marker.
2019-1-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 1859961 ft
Netherlands

Nice addition
2019-2-1
Use props
John Dek
lvl.3
United States

mikesher.live Posted at 1-31 17:09
I have (and will be returning) the set of PolarPro Cinema Series Vivid Collection (CPL's) I have been using for the past week or so.  During several 3x3 Panorama shots, the edges of the CPL ring is visible in the photo.  Video, not so much.  The CPL ring feels very loose.  Another issue I have with the PolarPro's is that the neutral marker (notch) on the CPL is barely visible.    I just received a set of FREEWELL filters and the one CPL it has seems tighter and has a very visible neutral marker.

Freewell have a CPL I don’t see a CPL filter listed for Polarpro.
2019-2-1
Use props
John Dek
lvl.3
United States

mikesher.live Posted at 1-31 17:09
I have (and will be returning) the set of PolarPro Cinema Series Vivid Collection (CPL's) I have been using for the past week or so.  During several 3x3 Panorama shots, the edges of the CPL ring is visible in the photo.  Video, not so much.  The CPL ring feels very loose.  Another issue I have with the PolarPro's is that the neutral marker (notch) on the CPL is barely visible.    I just received a set of FREEWELL filters and the one CPL it has seems tighter and has a very visible neutral marker.

Farewell have a CPL, I don’t see a CPL Filter listed for Polarpro.
2019-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

Looking forward to review video. Hopefully weather will settle soon.
2019-2-1
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123045 ft
  • >>>
United States

John Dek Posted at 2-1 08:03
Farewell have a CPL, I don’t see a CPL Filter listed for Polarpro.

The set I bought from PolarPro were all CPL's.   Cinema Series ND4/PL, 8 and 16.  I don't recommend them.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MCYRDSP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2019-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules