SMART CONTROLLER ?$649?CRAZY!!??
1480 11 2019-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Risky.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 848133 ft
Japan

Who wants to pay $649 for DJI Smart Controller?
ya, i know, it can be used to play games....
What does 1000 nitt brightness really mean?
Is there any other hidden features?
click the video to know more.「Chinese Video」
_RIS5099-2000PX.jpg

The overall size of the smart controller is a little larger than the size of the standard version, similar to the size of the unfolded standard controller with cellphone.

_RIS5103-2000PX.jpg
_RIS5100-2000PX.jpg

_RIS5105-2000PX.jpg
_RIS5110-2000PX.jpg
The top is USB , SD card , HDMI output.
HDMI supports maximum 4k 60 frame output.

_RIS5116-2000PX.jpg

2019-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I wouldn’t say crazy, we already pay around €350 for RC add a Crystalsky to that €500 so for similar but old tech we pay €200 more, so not easy to define Crazy.
2019-1-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Depending on your needs it is crazy indeed.
If you think of it as a CrystalSky plus a controller (the last one you already have....) it is not that strange.
There is no reason for me to buy btw. I rather buy a tablet or something like it, that I can use for other things too.
2019-1-16
Use props
Todd Harper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180669 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-16 01:09
Depending on your needs it is crazy indeed.
If you think of it as a CrystalSky plus a controller (the last one you already have....) it is not that strange.
There is no reason for me to buy btw. I rather buy a tablet or something like it, that I can use for other things too.

I agree.
Having had the chance to see and use one, in person, I think cost wise its a tad rich for most users.

Other then that, I think to stay in the "compact" arena, it may have better if DJI made it so that the monitor could be split from the controller end of things so that it then would be 2 separate pieces making much easier to fit into existing pre-cut cases, backpacks, etc..  . A simple click in connector could have made this possible.
2019-1-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Todd Harper Posted at 1-16 04:26
I agree.
Having had the chance to see and use one, in person, I think cost wise its a tad rich for most users.

Yes I think that is right.
But that would have been very similar to the ChrystalSky solution.
2019-1-16
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If I buy a Mavic Pro 2 I will purchase it with the Smart Controller.  If I already had the Pro 2 with it's original controller it would be a tougher decision.  I have the Phantom Pro 4 with the integrated controller.  To me, the simplicity of this arrangement combined with the brighter monitor was worth the extra cost.  I think the Mavic Pro2/Smart Controller combination when bought together will (for me) be my choice.  I want to purchase this package now but the Smart Controller is not in stock.  Why does DJI continue to announce the release of new products; generate a lot of interest...and then are unable to deliver?
2019-1-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RandyHat Posted at 1-16 07:12
If I buy a Mavic Pro 2 I will purchase it with the Smart Controller.  If I already had the Pro 2 with it's original controller it would be a tougher decision.  I have the Phantom Pro 4 with the integrated controller.  To me, the simplicity of this arrangement combined with the brighter monitor was worth the extra cost.  I think the Mavic Pro2/Smart Controller combination when bought together will (for me) be my choice.  I want to purchase this package now but the Smart Controller is not in stock.  Why does DJI continue to announce the release of new products; generate a lot of interest...and then are unable to deliver?

It is available to most the rest of the world, it has not been passed by FCC because of America’s governments furlough .
2019-1-16
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Is that confirmed?....or just the rumor?  In any case it seems to me that FCC approval should have been obtained prior to release.
2019-1-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RandyHat Posted at 1-16 09:02
Is that confirmed?....or just the rumor?  In any case it seems to me that FCC approval should have been obtained prior to release.

, Dji have announced that this is a problem with US FCC and they announced it at CES , I suppose if you don’t believe it take it up with dji, but would seem strange that the country they do the most business with, that they would forget to get FCC Approval, or they would be late applying for it, I don’t believe that , but I’m sure some will..
2019-1-16
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 1-16 09:31
, Dji have announced that this is a problem with US FCC and they announced it at CES , I suppose if you don’t believe it take it up with dji, but would seem strange that the country they do the most business with, that they would forget to get FCC Approval, or they would be late applying for it, I don’t believe that , but I’m sure some will..

Wonder if this applies to Canada
2019-1-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Visual Air Posted at 1-16 11:27
Wonder if this applies to Canada

I’m not sure but it could, maybe a mod here could check for you.
2019-1-16
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

"I’m not sure but it could, maybe a mod here could check for you."

Crickets....
2019-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now