Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Camera monitor?

We are having a serious problem with that issue on the gh5s/gh5 and we understood it would be fixed with a firmware soon.
I just read a message from dji that says they won't be able to correct this problem because it's not correctable.

But IT WORKED before! And that is not right. or fair.

Please write if you can connect an external monitor to your camera and the ronin at the same time, and have both screens stays on. It's very important.

My question Refers to panasonic users and everyone else too.
2019-1-16
Use props
Meierhans
lvl.2
Germany

I fully agree with OP. Its essential to have camera screen on to check settings. Especially for those working with external recorders like Atomos as they can not have any Overlay. Should be one of the top priorities!
2019-1-16
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting... my reality with my GH5s is that (regardless of the Ronin-s being connected or not), as soon as I connect an external monitor via HDMI, the built-in monitor hands off the signal and shuts down.  I have been frustrated at Panasonic for this for as long as I've owned the camera.  There is also an HDMI bug (starting with atleast the GH4) where you need to start the camera AFTER connecting to an HDMI monitor, otherwise the image won't hand off via HDMI.  This causes me a lot of problems on a multi-cam studio shoot since all of my cameras are connected to one 17" monitor (with up to four visible at one time).  Whenever I switch to a full-screen look at one of my cameras, then switch back to the GH5s, there is no signal until I reboot the camera.  Panasonic has confirmed this is a shortcoming of the GH series.  None of my other cameras have this problem.
2019-1-18
Use props
SwampFighter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1339 ft
United States

This isn't a DJI firmware issue. AFAIK It's a Panasonic Firmware issue. One of the more recent firmware issues changed how tethering worked on the Panasonic.  You need to encourage both  - but mostly Panasonic - to work on this issue.
2019-1-18
Use props
Meierhans
lvl.2
Germany

Can anybody confirm that bug is solely related to the Panasonic firmware update and not the Ronin S firmware update?
2019-1-26
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Meierhans Posted at 1-26 06:49
Can anybody confirm that bug is solely related to the Panasonic firmware update and not the Ronin S firmware update?

I believe only panasonic's engineers can do that unfortunately.
2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules